+opk !! timing question

kcw81

Reaction score
I finally got a positive opk! This was my first cycle using them and it was very exciting to see the positive result! Now I have questions!!

From my testing times I know that my LH surge began somewhere between 10pm last night to 3am this morning, when I tested again. I have read that you should ovulate anywhere from 12 - 48 hours after the LH surge begins. Would that mean that at the earliest, I really could ovulate 12 hours after 10pm last night? Is it more likely that it will be about 24 hours from then? What are all your average lengths of time from the first +opk to your OV?

bump! and maybe I need to rephrase my main question.

does anyone really ever ovulate 12 hours from the +OPK? has anyone experienced that or do more women ovulate at least 24 hours later?

Its impossible to pin point the EXACT time of ovulation.
But the fact is : In order for a successful conception, you MUST start BDing before ovulation, ideally the 5 days,everyday leading to the day of ovulation. In your case, you should have started BD-ing two days ago, yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Sperm has to be there WAITING for an egg to be released, else there is very very little chance of conception.

thank you for the reply! We BD'd yesterday and two days before and we will today but I didn't know if we should try to do it right away or its okay to wait till tonight. I would need to know how likely it is to ovulate 12 hours after the +opk which I got at 1030pm last night but I guess there is no way to know for sure.

HI,

I had my first +OPK yesterday at 6.30pm and then ovulation pains at about 1pm today so I guess I ovulated about 17 hours later!

We're going to BD again tonight - just in case!

xx

thanks Here's Hoping! Hope you get knocked up this time and me too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->