Opting For A C-Section?

Thanks for clarifying that M3c! :thumbup: VBAC risks are low. I would actually consider it more seriously if I lived near a hospital that could do them. The major problem for me is going into labor and being 4 hours from a hospital that will do a VBAC... or having to be life flighted to a hospital that could handle complications (which there would not be enough time for).

If you live near a hospital with doctors and staff experienced in safe VBAC, I think is is an excellent option to look into. I think it is great that VBACs are even an option now!

Yeah I completely understand that :) I would have been more likely to opt for another csection too. I was just really against it FOR ME..not anyone else, I had a horrible experience plus I had a vaginal birth with Landon (who is my first). I did have to drive about 45min to my hospital, passing 3-4 other hospitals to get there that didn't do them lol but for 4hrs yeah..no lol. I'm really glad I did it and am all for them...it drives me nuts that drs make it so hard to do what you feel is best for your body. But luckily mine couldn't have gone better...next time I want a homebirth :)

:sigh: I SSOOO would have liked a home water birth.

Ah well... life goes on....

Ermm.. Sorry about the thread hijack, btw.... oops! :blush:

Thanks so much guys!! I will need to do a lot of research into both, I never really looked into c-sections when I was pregnant cos I dreamed of a water birth and was adamant that it was gonna happen! Best laid plans and all that eh?!!

But as someone said earlier, I guess it isnt really about what we want...its about whats best for getting the baby out safely :D:D

According to OH anyway, Ive got LOADS of time to think about it :rofl: x x x

According to OH anyway, Ive got LOADS of time to think about it :rofl: x x x

:rofl:!!

"according to OH" which implies not according to you! I feel your pain, there... I have DH telling me "You gotta give me at least one more year!" (from now would be LO at almost 18 months) And me thinking "Definitely NTNP by LO's 1st bday and TTC shortly after!" :devil:

Haha!! Yeah, not according to me haha!! If I had my way...I'd loooove to go back to work pregnant!! I know thats terrible but I go back in August and would love to go back maybe 2 months pregnant or something!!

But ah well! That way Brandon would be 18 months old when the next one was due! I guess theres no point in making plans like that tho! I didnt plan on having my first baby til I was 25...and here I am at 22 with Brandon! Not that im complaining tho :D:D x x x

Hi!
I really wanted a water birth & I started labour in the pool which was amazing but after 24hrs & lots of complications I had an emergency c section 6 weeks ago and I am feeling fine now. I have had a few complications along the way .... My would got infected and I had a funny turn the day after that made my vision go for 30mins, similar to a migrane!
At the time I was really disappointed that I couldn't have Seb naturally and had a strong feeling of failing him! But this has made me determined to bf even though I have had mastitis and thrush! So it was good really as he is getting the goodness of my milk as a result!!
I have been told that I can have an elective c section if I have another baby and despite the negative feeling that I felt this time and all the complications I think will choose to have another c section as I going the emergency aspect of it all and the rushing a pretty stressful experience and would rather be calm and prepared!
I think that eventually once the baby is in your arms it doesn't matter how they got there as that moment is just the most amazing thing that u can experience!
Good luck for the future what ever u decide! Xxx

Hiya, i had an emergency section on my first because of complications and decided to have a planned section for my second. I would have loved a natural birth but i was so scared it would happen again and didnt want to be in all that pain again!!

I have my planned section on the 1st of this month and everything went great it was so relaxed and calm and altho its been 11 days i feel like i did before the op. I'm really mobile and have had no problems!!

I'm sure you will decide on whats best for you when the time comes:thumbup:

i had my planned c section at 38.5 weeks (which was happening one way or another as my contractions started the morning of my operations), but to be honest i am sure i was only just 38 weeks as the hospital put me forward 6 days from my original due date. i had an emergency section last time around due to failure to progress, i was planning on giving it ago until i found out the estimated weight of my baby and i had really bad SPD which had me in crutches so i opted for the c section, most of the time it is done from 39 weeks i think as the doctor told me that it is the paedatrician who do not like it done before then. My baby had jaundice, thankfully he didn't need to go under a lamp or anything but he did have to have a couple of blood tests to check his liver function.

I was like you i worried what if i go through all the pain of labour again to have to get a section anyway so my decision was made easier by the pain i was in and also the fact he was a big baby (11lbs in the end up!)

From what i've read if you want a VBAC (vaginal birth after csection) you need to wait 1.5-2 yrs before having the next baby........before then i think you might have to have a section.
But i dont know if thats true and if it depends on your local health authority.too :shrug:.

xxx

u don't HAVE to do anything when it comes to child birth...as much as hospitals might imply that u do. i foudn this out when i planned my homebirth.

I know there is often mention of rupture but VBACs r actually very low risk.

and from what i have read its common to end up with a c-section first time round but go on to have VBACs with no problems.

i *think* i am going to have a HVBAC (home virginal birth after csection). Although i ended up with an emergency c-section first time round i dont think it will happen again. it wasn't something 'medical'...LO was laying back to back and wasn't pushing down on my cervix properly, then he got stuck because of his position. Now i know abt the importance of fetal positioning (no1 told me abt the likelyhood of a c-section if LO was laying back to back-nor did i get told how to get him to turn etc) i feel quite confident i'd b able to avoid a repeat of last time. Although i am still scared the same thing will happen and although i'm not scared of labour (hacing been through that) i am still scared of the part i never went through (the pushing bit) so part of me does get the urge to pre plan a c-section to put my mind at rest. I think thats a normal urge.

I personally would research the risks, the pros and cons etc myself (don't just count on the hospital to tell u them because i realised from my homebirth plans that they r sometimes slightly prone to telling u the 'worse case' as if its the norm), i would see how furute pregnancy's r panning out and then i would make a choice nearer the time.

good luck hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->