• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Orajel Toddler Training Toothpaste

Alexas Mommy

Reaction score
Is it safe for a 9 month old? I usually just use her little tooth brush, but now I am wondering if toddler toothpaste is okay to use at this point? It doesn't have an age on the box, so I don't want to use it until i know for sure.
TIA :hugs:

I would say no, especially if it has orajel in it. You aren't supposed to use baby orajel

It doesn't have orajel in it... That is the brand name! I read the ingredients to be sure there is no orajel!!

Was talking to the health nurse today (in BC) and was told that as soon as they have teeth to use some toothpaste with flouride according to the government here. based on that I don't think it matters what brand...

As soon as Liam got teeth we started using that, no problem. :D

Was talking to the health nurse today (in BC) and was told that as soon as they have teeth to use some toothpaste with flouride according to the government here. based on that I don't think it matters what brand...

Everyone always told me no flouride until they are able to spit it out!!! But then I just googled it and it said on several pages that flouride is okay!! hmm...

As far as I understand, you are not supposed to use fluoride. We also have the Baby Orajel toothpaste, and use it everyday for Erica. We've been using toothpaste since she got her first tooth. =)

my health visitor told us to use regular (adult)toothpaste such as colgate because they have higher flouride content which is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->