'Original Jan 20th Testers' Pregnancy Chat :)

I know crazy isn't it! Although i had to wait 2 more cycles to get my bfp on the 27th March.

Managed to get Harry to have some sleep in the day time today just by putting him in his room, don't like doing it but if its the only way..

Well you have to do whats best dont you, and atleast he slept and gave you some rest :)

Grace was awake 4 hours last night between 12 and 4am, Im trying to wake her through the day but its impossible to wake a sleepy newborn :haha:

naughty grace, thats not fair on mummy. :(

I know what you mean though, can't wake Harry if i'm trying yet if not trying i can't even tip toe quietly enough!

Hi girls sorry my stupid phone wouldn go on this site yesterday what a year its been and to think last 20th Jan who would of thought at this one we'd all have our babies by our sides as we wrote on here. Hope your all Well x x

Hi Amy!. Thinking back this time last year I was sooo disapointed with my BFN and thought It was never going to happen for me. Now Im a walking zombie :haha:. Hows Jake doing?

I cant believe its been over a year now since I got my :bfp: with Bertie, time is a crazy thing.. who else misses being pregnant? I do *sob*

Turns out Daisy doesnt have chicken pox, but she is covered head to toe in a rash that started as spots then all joined together like a measels rash, but its an allergic reaction to the anti biotics shes on for her urine infection. I had to push to get her seen though cause after a day I knew even though the doctor said its chicken pox that it wasnt, such a relief in the sense I havent got to worry about Finn but now I'm so paranoid about give her antibiotics :( xx

ahh poor thing hope she's better soon Hayley, a relief though about Finn though.

As for me, no i don't miss being pregnant yet..really enjoying not being although wish the bloomin bleedin would disapear so i could fully feel like 'me' again!

Hows Daisy today Hayley?

Having a nightmare with Grace at the mo. Shes had quite hars stools since birth and seems to have alot of wind, continuosly trumping and burping even 2 hours after feeding I can pick her up and shes still burping!. Anyway have changed her milk to c&g comfort and also bought some dr browns bottles. She hates the bottles :(, but seems to like the milk!!. Last night I had to take her into my bed as she wouldnt settle and she slept quite well only waking twice!. The night before I was in tears as she just would not settle and was fussing all the time. Today have bought a new mattress for the moses basket and it has a wedge and also has a sensor which plays a heartbeat sensation when she cries. She slept in her moses basket for 4 hours this afternoon which is a miracal :haha:. She just wants me to hold her every second of the day, and obviously that cant be done. She also seems to be sucking the bottle for comfort despite not liking a dummy. Shes just starting to fuss abit now :(

Thats the bottle's i have always used, so don't know any different but seem good to me hun :)
Harry was difficult to settle last night, but when he did sleep he slept well so guess we just have to go with it and see what works...
Can see Thomas and Harry are already completely different babies, Thomas was always calmed by being held, esp in breastfeeding postion, but Harry's not keen on being cuddled very often!

hi girls how are you all? we are ok except maisy is full of head cold and on antibiotics so im worried abot jake gettin ill, he keeps fussing alot but seems to be very windy, he has been weird with his poops which unsettles me he went last sunday then wednesday and not again yet!! he sleeps alot still but has some happy gurgles and smiles when he is awake. xxx

Hi Amy. Aww poor Maisy I hope she feels better soon and Jake is just adorable!!. I think I have cracked it with Grace...she likes to be swaddled. Thursday night she woke at 2am then 4am and last night she fed at 10.30pm and didnt wake till 4am then went straight back down till 8am :D. I havent been unswaddling her to feed her though because she fusses when you have to do it all over again. See what she is like tonight, fingers crossed eh!. Also I worry she isnt feeding enough she takes between 1-4oz (rarely 4oz). She was 8lbs 4oz on Thursday so I know she has gained.

Had a good night with Harry last night, hoping he can do it again tonight :) fx
Still very difficult to comfort in the day though, rarely enjoys cuddles :( but we do get smiles so he must be happy just not a cuddley baby i guess..

It's amazing how different all the babies are isn't it? They all have such different personalities already.

Cora is doign ok, her weight gain has slowed down quite a bit. I hadn't been getting her weighed at baby clinic because a) it was obvious she was a chubber and had nothing to worry about and b) it was such a palaver getting both girls there on time!

So I have been weighing her at home and she was following her curve (between 75th and the next one up) up until about a month ago and since then she hasn't put a lot on, about half a pound and has dropped down to inbetween 75th and whatever is below that (50th?). I know my scales aren't as accurate as doctors ones but they do measure to the nearest quarter of a lb. So I am a little worried, maybe it has to do with her potential milk allergy, or maybe she as another allergy, or maybe she is just becoming less of a chubster?

Anyway I have a docs appt on Monday as she has had raised lymph nodes (or at least that is what I think they are) since she was about 2 weeks old and I probably should have taken her a long time ago to get them checked out.

I am challenging her dairy allergy this weekend so that I haev some definite info to give doctor as they are very dismissive of babies having allergies. So I will have some nice poo photos to show him :haha:

As for sleep, Cora started sleeping through (12 hours) from about 9 weeks, however she is now waking once at 3am for a feed and then down again until 8am. So she is still pretty good as she goes to be by 7.30pm, but my body had got used to a full nights sleep so I am struggling to readjust to night feeds. I must admit I do love the night time cuddles though as I struggle to get much time with her during the day as I am busy entertaining a very demanding Sophia :haha:

I hope you are all having a good weekend x

Amy - is Jake breast or formula fed? I know breastfed babies it is normal to go longer between poos, but not sure about formula :hugs:

Aww thanks sam he is amazing. glad your sorted with grace its so hard when there brn and you have to figure out there thing, jake loves being rocked to sleep and saying shhh haha works a dream unless he's hungry. he has woke up thru the night full of snot so im putting nose drops in and just trying to keep him happy its so hard when there both ill!!!
shiv im sure cora will be fine as long as she's happy they usually say there ok.
mummy maisy was not very cuddly only if she was tired.
Jake is fully breast fed shiv so im hoping its just that but its so strange he aint pooped since wednesday!!! xx

Thanks Amy, nice to know Harry isn't unusual..you just can't help compare to your first can you? and i'm pretty sure Thomas would have been held all day if he could get away with it.

just cleaned my first explosive poop that ended up on jakes bum, legs, back, arm, face and all over me haha xx

Hey how are we all and little ones?

Harry is doing great but me not so good. Got to have an operation tomorrow due to them discovering retained placenta at a scan on friday. Which explains over 8 weeks of bleeding :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->