OT Baby Ear piercing

charli87

Chloes Mummy
Reaction score
Hey all

Just a quick poll as I'm interested in peoples opinions on this. Had a discussion the other day about it and wanted to get a broader view on it.
I don't want people judging others I just want to know the age you think its acceptable to have a childs ears pierced from.
Please leave all bitchiness out of this otherwise I'll just get it closed :thumbup:

Thanks

Personally, I don't like earrings on babies. I think 7 years old is an acceptable age.
xx

ahh damn I forgot that option :dohh: not sure how to add it either now:wacko:

I don't like earrings on babies either. I was 6 when I had mine done though. Evan will not ever be getting his done whilst he's under my roof :haha:

Edit: Different for boys than girls though!!

10 years+ when they understand the risks and can decide for themselves if they wish to have them done.

Agree with above poster - when they are old enough to make the decision themselves.

my daughter is 6 iv'e still not done it, not just that she's young i know she will moan and wanna take them out lol

I have a boy so if he wants them then 16+

If I had a girl and she wanted them then maybe for her 13th birthday.

I'd NEVER ever pierce a baby's ears and I'd I'd probably judge the mum if I saw a baby with ears done. x

when they are old enough to ask for it and understand the risks involved and how to take care of the earrings themselves.

I'll be leaving it until around 10 aswell, don't like them on babys personally xx

When she is old enough to ask, understand why she wants it done, negotiate and win the discussion with both me and her father.....so around secondary school age. When I see earrings on babies I usually think "chav".

earrings on babies look horrid in my opinion. Sophie will be at least 10 - if she is lucky!

My mum let me have mine done when I was 10 and I'll reserve the same judgment for Ellie, I'm sure.

I dont think I will pierce Michaels ears.If I had a girl I might.I would wait untill there were 5 years or older.Not really sure what age id do it at but deffo not before 5 years old.xxx

I think they look cute on babies.
But we wont be getting them done on our LO. DH seems to think that he can blackmail her later in life when she wants them done. lol
Ya know ''Papi I want my ears pierced.'' ''Oh yeah, go do your homework for a month and we will think about it'' lol

When she is old enough to make the decision for herself

whenever she would ask for them, whether that be 2 or 12....just not until SHE wants them

OT but Fin asked me to say "Miss Haley Bug is well fit!"

He's got all the moooooves ;) x

I got mine done when I was 10, double figures! I think I'll do the same if she wants them pierced - although, it depends how much she bugs me about it! I wasn't really bothered about it. I'd like to wait till she's old enough to understand that it might hurt afterwards but she's got to stick with it until it's healed. I don't fancy her having them done over and over again. At the age of 10, it was my responsibility to keep them clean while they healed (with supervision!) which I suppose made me feel important, bit of independence iykwim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->