OT Baby Ear piercing

I don't think something body altering should be done to anybody without their consent. So, when they ask and are serious about it, i would consider it.

i think tbh it wud either be 6 months ish or me or when theyreold enough to want them done. And considering mines now 10 months il guess il be waiting till shes old enough to make he own mind up now so 5+ i guess i go for lol xx

I got mine done when I was 10 so I'll allow LO to, possibly older. Whenever I feel she is old enough to understand that she is doing it for herself rather than me 'wanting her' to have her ears pierced (which would be a lot older... lol!).

I've got to admit, I do find it 'chavvy' when babies/toddlers have their ears pierced and it makes me cringe but that is just my opinion. :shrug:

I hate ear piercings on babies and toddlers, ughhh. There's a 10 month old at a baby group i go to who's mum has just had one of his ears pierced. I couldnt believe the amount of people saying how 'cool' he looked. It actually looked ridiculous. I think it shouldn't be done till a child is old enough to ask and to be able to let you know if it is irritating them or anything.

when they are old enough to know the risks and not before the age of 12 or 13

I put 5 years +
If Kenny wanted to get his ears pierced I would want him to be able to ask and really want it. I wouldn't get his ears pierced now because he may not want them pierced when he's older. :flower:

my mum had mine done when i was 5 months :shock: asked her why she said they looked cute :shrug:
i certainly wouldnt get alfies ears pierced untill like pp's have said he can make the decision himself

<3

She can have her ears pierced when she's old enough to understand exactly what it is and can make the decision herself.

I wouldn't do it myself (boy or girl) but IMO don't care if someone else does it at whatever age. I had mine done at 2 weeks.

If I had a daughter I would have no problems with piercing her ears as an infant!

We were thinking of piercing Gabriel's, but couldn't decide on studs or hoops.
If I had a girl, I'd consider it. I have no problem with pierced ears.

I remember going to get mine done. I was 7 and I had asked to get them done. We went with my friend and her mum and went to a proper jewellery place, they were simple gold studs, I wasnt allowed anything else! lol
I personally dont like them on babies I will try and get her to wait until shes around 10! I say TRY... lol

If I had a girl, I would pierce her ears at around 6 months. So that I can take care of them.
I love a baby girl with earrings.
Thats just me though, I think its a latin thing.

If I had a little girl I wouldnt get herders pierced until she asked so she understands. I wouldnt get her ears pierced as a baby as they have primative immune system therefore increasing the risk of infection. X

I won't be piercing lo's ears unless he asks for it when he's old enough to understand it, same with if I have a girl/other children in the future :flower:

I don't think I like pierced ears in babies. To me it looks a bit odd. I had them pierced when I was 14 and I knew I wanted them and was so excited about it. I will probably do the same for my daughter. :)

When they are old enough to clean and take care of them themselves....and when Bella comes to me and asks. Not going to force holes in her ears on my own accord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->