OT - Usama Bin Laden is DEAD!

PepsiChic

mummy of 2 boys!
Reaction score
omg if its true (and they say it is, proven with DNA tests) its such amazing news.

Anyone here who has lost loved ones or has loved ones fighting in the middle east, i hope you find some peace in this news.

*big hugs to everyone*

ps. Usama and Osama are the same name. Usama is the native way of spelling it, and Osama is the English way of spelling it.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/01/usama-bin-laden-dead-say-sources/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3558928/Osama-bin-Laden-dead.html

i will add though that i know both British and American troops wont be pulled out of pakistan yet because i am sure that Usama's followers will be looking to avenge his death. So i pray that the next following months wil not be too deadly and that people will remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I've lost a few people I love in this war and I'm more than happy to hear this news. My husband just came home from Afghanistan, this is fabulous news.

There is definitely a sense of justice here! It was a long time coming.

I've lost a few people I love in this war and I'm more than happy to hear this news. My husband just came home from Afghanistan, this is fabulous news.

Tell your hubs thanks for all that he and all the other men and women in uniform do for us! Glad he is home!

I just worry about revenge attacks now. Unfortunately there will be many more willing to take his place.

Not trying to upset anyone btw.....and RIP to all those who lost their lives in the 9/11 attacks and the war on terror. x

I just worry about revenge attacks now. Unfortunately there will be many more willing to take his place.

Not trying to upset anyone btw.....and RIP to all those who lost their lives in the 9/11 attacks and the war on terror. x

This was my first thought when I heard the reports :nope:

BTW - I'm loving the quote on your signature :hugs:

BTW - I'm loving the quote on your signature :hugs:

Thank you! 2 Corinthians 4:18 :winkwink: Holds an extra special meaning for me as it was my Pa's fave scripture and song and he is now passed away. x

I am pleased. Wasn't he ready to fly the nest anyway? Was on daily dialysis?

It will lead to revenge attacks i am sure, but i expect it will help alot of those people who have lost loved ones due to his actions and party over the last 20 years.

Ding, dong, the wicked which is dead.

This is great news just wish it stopped my husband from being deployed.
Eta: my DH wants proof, he knows they've done DNA, he wants to see a picture of his body

there is a gruesome picture on the net floating about but nothing official.

i wonder when he was killed? i bet nothing was released until after the royal wedding.

it must feel amazing for america but now a bitter sweet worry of what might happen now.

I think the US has released a photo I'm sure DH will see it. Aparantely he was killed one week ago, I reckon they waited til after the royal wedding to announace this news.

there is a gruesome picture on the net floating about but nothing official.

i wonder when he was killed? i bet nothing was released until after the royal wedding.

it must feel amazing for america but now a bitter sweet worry of what might happen now.

I bet this was the reason Will and Kate couldnt go on their official honeymoon. They probably already knew.

RIP to all our brave soldiers who have been killed whilst fighting
xxx

Although this is not an end to the war and the threat of terroist attacks and to our troups is still there, this is a good day and a huge development. justice is finaly done for his victims and all thos that have lost their lives fighting to keep us all safe.

My friend died in this war aged 21, and you know what? This still doesnt feel like justice..... :cry:

the repercussions will be terrible. and god knows what they will target and when. they will want revenge and i for one am terrified that we have babies growing up in this world

its not the end tho. theyve already said his number 2 right hand man will take over ....its not as tho terrorism will stop because hes dead

Its not particularly nice for his family and those who cared for him, but that man is VILE.....He oppressed the people of his country and created terror all over the west!

A great day in history for Afghanistan :thumbup: But not really for the west.

I think the US has released a photo I'm sure DH will see it. Aparantely he was killed one week ago, I reckon they waited til after the royal wedding to announace this news.

I believe the delay in announcing the news was to confirm his DNA identity.

I'm not convinced. It's come out of the blue, announced at a time that Obama is facing criticism, being buried at sea. We've also been told he is dead before. Where's the proof?

I have a bad feeling about this and will not feel happy about any of this until our troops are home.

Interestingly, it was on this day in 1945 Hitler's death was announced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->