Our christmas traditions

Jo

I'm an old bag!
Reaction score
Ok i know we are only in Nove but i am starting to get all chritmasssy now :?

So what do you all do for christmas and the run up to?

Sort of 2 days before i run round like a blue arse fly getting house spotless, skirting borad and all, lord knows why

Xmas eve i do last bits that need doing and make party snacks as xmas day night is always adult time in our house, once kids are in bed it is an open house
It started off just family but everyone piles in now, said i wasn't doing it this year and nearly got lynched :shock:
So i do sausage rolls etc... and then i take Emily to church for the christmas service, she is in school choir and it is so lovely

I then run down to shop and buy about 100 cigs :?
We get in and i do last little bits ( normally while OH is sat on arse not doing very much)

We then get a take out and sit down to a xmas film ( The santa Clause is my fav)

But....... OH has a footie match this xmas Eve so god only know what state he will be in as they usually have a session on last game before xmas
That will happen this year over my dead body!!! :evil: [-(

So c'mon girlies what do you do?

*edit* forgot to mention we always have dinner at my mums and i have told her once she is too old we will go out for lunch :rofl:
Saying that though i find it harder work doing a buffet for however many people will turn up

Mid December the decorations go up, and boy is that a chore, as we have loads of outside ones, like Blackpool illuminations! :lol:

Xmas Eve my mum runs rounds like a blue arsed flee getting everything sorted, which is a nightmare as its my birthday and I want to chill. :roll:

Can I just say this Birthday & Christmas I am having a good drink as last year I was 8 months pregnant! :p

:drunk:

then

:munch:

then

:drunk:

then

celebrate ....

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/wickedangelx/Smilies/letsdoitwild.gif

Tradition!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

nothing like telling in a nutshell lol

I'm normall to knackered and pissed fot the last smilie

Mr Wobbles is a lucky man :lol:

I keep telling him that lol!

decs up usually beg december then christmas eve go round giving out pressies to family,crimbo day my mum ,stepdad sis and brother come for dinner, christmas night we go round sil's for a party, boxing day is round mil's for dinner and boxing night round my mums and stepdads.

and by the end of it im knackered

our christmas goes something like this

1st week in Dec the decorations go up

Christmas Eve all the family comes round for 'Christmas dinner' as there are 17 of us we like to do it the night before instead of pullin our hair out on christmas day!!!

Christmas day Colin runs around the house like a nutter waking everybody up (his 3 sisters, his mum and dad, our housekeeper and her husband, and his nan who usually comes and stays the night! ... oh and me of course!)

The girls wake up to little presents at the end of their bed so we all go into each of their rooms and open presents with them.

We go downstairs and have boiled eggs and toast for breakfast and there are little gifts in each of our place settings for us to open over breakfast.

Then we all go to the posh lounge where we take it in turns to open presents.

Colins dad gets the fire going and we take it all real easy... opening one present at a time so everybody can see what everybody else is getting.

Then i toodle off to see my three sisters,my brother, my dad and my mum.

By the time i get back Colins uncle and other nan are there and we chill out for the rest of the day helping ourselves to food out of the pantry and drinking cups of tea!!!

its strange to think that this year we will be living in our own house not with Colins parents ...

i guess we'll have to start our own traditions!!!!

This year we'll be setting new traditions :D Last Xmas I was heavily pregnant and in labour (and denial!) on Xmas Day. This year I'll be pregnant again, but I will still have a little pate and stilton ;)

Decs will go up beginning of Dec, I've already bought a cheap fake tree from Tesco for under a tenner. Ella will just wreck it anyway so no point (and can't afford!) an expensive one. We've got some lights to go up outside and I think I'll get all emotional thing of last Xmas when they were twinkling away. I remember going for long walks around the village with the dogs trying to get things started and looking at other peoples lights up. Xmas Eve we will be going to the inlaws and Ella will get her pressies from them, we'll have food there. Then come home, put Ella to bed in her new snuggly pjs and we will bring all her presents down into the front room and take all her other toys out. Xmas Day we'll have yummy breakfast, open some presents, Ella will nap as normal then we'll have lunch and walk round to my mums afterwards (she lives the road behind mine). Stay there for tea (hope she knows this ;) ) and then come back home, DH and I will chill when Ella goes bed with a glass of wine (only one for me!). Boxing Day is her birthday so we're having a party tea at 3pm for the grandparents and my sisters.

i have wrapped and brought all my gift because my fella find the prezzy so have to wrap then he has no idea heheheh im evil :twisted:

Well on a serious note I will be doing as I said above :lol:

I need a crimbo tree so I've told OH he's buying it - Will put it up at the start of December :D

This is us....

Decs go up 12 days before christmas with the beer out and the christmas tunes on, and it looks like santas grotto indoors :D We start watching Christmas films and listening to Christmas music from this point onwards....

Christmas eve, out early getting last minute food, drink and pressies then back home.......

Then about 4pm we get dressed in our christmas gear...hats, tinsel, earrings and Jade puts a santa suit on....

The Baileys comes out, I sit in the lounge wrapping anything I can infront of Jade and Paul, we order Chinese then we exchange christmas eve pressies.......Then Jade has a little glass of baileys whislt we check off her christmas checklist and she gets the carrot, mince pie and brandy ready for santa to come and puts them out, then she goes to bed.

I then wrap any last minute bits for Jade and pack hers and Paul stockings, all this whilst watching Christmas films or listening to christmas tunes :D

Christmas Morning, Jade wakes us up early and we go into her room and watch her open her stocking and sack, then we get ready, go downstairs, have breakfast and then start on opening pressies....

We have a fairly late slap up dinner at about 4-6pm then finish off opening the rest of our pressies. We just take it in our stride and enjoy it all!

This year for Xmas eve we have family coming round, so we will be doing a little finger buffet with home made sausage rolls Mmmmmmmmm and exchange pressies, so I am hoping to have everything done and dusted for xmas eve so no wrapping needs doing and we can chill!

Well my decs will go up 1st dec (earlier if i have my way), we will do all our shopping couple of days before, i have a terrible habit of giving people presents early :( im so naughty :lol:.
I have my wedding day the sat before xmas so ill be busy with that this year :?
Xmas eve we will go to my brothers to see my neices give them presents, then come home get Kai to bed then put all his pressies under the tree, ill cook turkey on xmas eve aswell so its all ready for next day, me and my HUSBAND :lol: will have a turkey sandwich and drink lol what geeks!
Xmas morning come down and open pressies :D watch xmas films i love xmas tele! We will have dinner, then xmas night we will have the family round, ill put a little spread on!
Boxing day its OH's dads birthday he's 70 :-$ this yr, so we'll be goin out for dinner.

https://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h70/saff23/xmashat.gif
I LOVE XMAS!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->