• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Our journeys to baby #2

Hi mummies :)
I came here for some support and cheering up...
I am really tired of expecting the surprise to happen every month and it doesn't. I am always wondering how it did happen one random month 4 years ago! I didn't try anything special that month and I was just tired of ttc for 2 years and suddenly I got that BFP :) I just don't know why it won't happen again.

Hi Lucy and welcome! How are you doing? Thanks for replying in my other thread too, it's pretty quiet in there so tend to chat in here more when I can.

Huggles- so sorry af got you, it's so much worse when your expectations are raised too, that's exactly what happened to me this month too and I was SO upset.

Ftale- how are you doing?

Afm I somehow need to get back on the horse. I was just so devastated last month I almost can't face it again. Dh wanted to bd last night and I feel really bad I just replied with 'what's the point?' Haven't apologized yet but will when he gets home.

Don't feel bad. That was me this cycle too. I don't think I even ovulated to top it off.

I'm sure he will forgive you. It is so stressful.

I only got my hopes up about 10% as we barely did any bding and my temp took forever to rise to indication any ovulation at all. Plus, what I did feel of ovulation wasn't much this time.

Maybe next month? I mean, if we stop trying, we for sure won't get our lil beans baking.

FX we can put an end to the BFN saga soon. HUGS all

I guess that is ultimately what keeps us all going, the maybe next month voice in your head. You're right, there's definitely no chance if we don't try at all! Better get bding tonight then!!

Mummyduck, sorry you're feeling so despondent. Ttc with no bfp sure does start to feel somewhat pointless.

Thanks huggles, trying to pick myself up again and carry on! What else is there to do!

I am really tired of expecting the surprise to happen every month and it doesn't. I am always wondering how it did happen one random month 4 years ago! I didn't try anything special that month and I was just tired of ttc for 2 years and suddenly I got that BFP :) I just don't know why it won't happen again.

Hi deee, welcome but also sorry you've been trying for so long too. I know the feeling of why won't it just happen again!

Have you been charting/temping or using opks?

Fingers crossed for all of us!

I tried temping once, before DS, just to make sure I was ovulating around CD14 and I was. I can't imagine temping everyday every month - that would make me think about ttc every single morning! Some days I just forget it and try to enjoy being with DH and DS...
I may start temping next month though, to make sure everything is ok this time around.

CD15 today. Officially beginning the tww.

I don't temp either, I would obsess way too much! I am using opks this month though after missing O last cycle as I Od really late and dh was away anyway. On cd13 and waiting for tests to get darker, hoping to O before cd18 as we have a stressful trip to Sweden coming up.

Hope you manage to have a relaxed tww deee!

Welcome Deee :flower:

I was hoping for that surprise too this week. It does get hard. I'm out but you are in the right place for company while you ttc. :thumbup:

I'm tired of temping but after months of doing it I am finding it had to stop...lol. My husband giggles when he here's my bbt beep telling me to look at my temperature.

I'll probably be cd1 on Monday and be back at it.

FX for you ladies heading into the tww

Ftale - I had to go to another room this morning so my husband doesn't hear the beeping :D I'll get those same giggles if he does hear it :D

how do u know u r out if AF didn't show? Maybe there is still hope!

deee: HAHAHAH.....I used to be so ashamed, stuffing it under my pillow. Now I'm 'BEEEP...that's what's up'...hahaha

I've been charting my temp and physical state for years. I know my body 99.9% of the time. Enough to know that 14 to 15 days after serious O pain AF shows. Even if my temp doesn't rise for 3 days after pain, AF shows 14 to 15. I say those days because I am on progesterone. When not on it I will have a 10 to 11 day LP.

With my only child, I had every pms symptom possible. Only difference was this strange feeling in my legs that made me want to walk. It was mostly my gimpy leg. Seemed to get this itch making me want to stretch it out. 9 and 10dp my temp dropped from 97.9 to 97.5 for both days. 10dpo in the evening gave me a bfp though I had laughed at my temp that morning and accepted that AF was coming. That's why its not 100% for me....heheh

I like surprises and I do believe this time around will be a total surprise simply because seeing a bfp without squinting will knock my socks off. Some day but not this cycle. :coffee: How are you doing today?

Everyone else? I guess I should put a ticker in my sig so you at least know where I am in my cycle. I'm thinking about putting a weight loss one in there too. But for now, I need an hour more of sleep before my daughter wakes up :haha:

Literally the same for me! My daughter is almost 5 and I've been trying 15 months now :( not sure what's going on but there's apparently nothing wrong! :cry:

How's everyone doing?

I'm not having much luck with my opks, still waiting to see a progression with a few nearly there teasers thrown in for good measure... Grrr!! Cm is also feeling like a bust so all in all I'm not very positive about this month.

I've been away for the past week. Got home this past friday. It was an exhausting but wonderful week. Went to visit friends (the whole family). Their daughter is 2 weeks older than my son. And they have a 15 month old little boy. OMG I now want another child more than ever. DS was soooo sweet with him! And I got lots of cuddles and play time with him too. I so badly wish ds had a sibling. He really is amazing with babies and young toddlers. So worried the gap will get too big.

I'm hoping to ovulate this weekend. Although if last month is anything to go by it could be as late as next wed. I was on EPO for about 18 months for moodiness. And whilst on it ov was pretty much always on cd 14. But I stopped it in May when I had that super early miscarriage. Now last month it seems I ov'd on cd17 which is roughly when I always used to ovulate. So not really sure anymore. I mostly just watch cm when I wipe and I tend to have a major crampy day that coincides with that. AF 14 days later pretty much always confirms my ov suspicions.

I'm back from my week away at my friends, as much as it's supposed to be for helping her out, it helps me emotionally, pretty sure I o'd on cd12 again so waiting for AF, I'm half glad I had symptoms whilst away so I wouldn't feel so bad sitting out 2 months in a row. after my dental stuff is sorted I'm on my OB for a complete work up, there's got to be a reason why I can't get or stay pregnant and keep having chemicals

Hugs ladies, I'll catch up properly in a bit once DS is down for bed

disneylovers, huggles, welcome back!
i am planning a very short getaway on the 28th. I always like to plan my travels around ovulation time but this time it's going to be during AF's visit :S or with any luck during my first week of pregnancy :D
I try and try not to think about ttc during vacations but i usually do.

Huggles - I am worried too that the gap will be large. However, DS here is so used to being alone. Doesn't like to share his toys, doesn't like it when grown-ups don't give him their full attention and likes to play with kids his own age or older. I don't let him near babies because he is too physical. This is why I think I am gonna have a very rough time if I do have a baby in the coming year :D

FX:Opks..not looking forward to that this cycke. I hope yours is about right. Some times cm can be off while Oing. Are being every other day?

Huggles:I feel you on the gap thing. I have a 6 year old and looking at the positive side of having an older sibling. But man I wanted them to grow together.

As for following cm instead of opk , sounds like something I will do this cycle. I suffer from mittelschmerz too. I got addicted to looking at the two lines. Well FX cross this year closes the gap for us all.

Disney: Hey, there! I think I want to put myself down for a nap...lol. Good to have you back! How long do you think your cycle will be?

Deee:FX you get preggy before vacation!! That would be so cool! And ,yes, it's hard to not think about ttc on vacation.

AFM: AF just started but should be gone by Friday. I plan to mostly take supplements and exercise. And if my dh wants to ttc I will but I'm really curious to see how my body reacts to all the new stuff I'm taking. NO TEMPING..I think I have a sore in my mouth from that thing stabbing me...lol
We have tons going on so going to try and not stress my O away like this past cycle.

Ok, seriously, I feel like I need a nap...:sleep:

Ftale - if you do end up temping, why don't you put the thermometer under your armpit? it is so much easier! just remember to add 0.5 celsius to the result and u get the same result as oral temperature...

Ftale - if you do end up temping, why don't you put the thermometer under your armpit? it is so much easier! just remember to add 0.5 celsius to the result and u get the same result as oral temperature...

Never thought of that. I could keep sleeping too..lol
If I break down I'll try that method. Thank you.

I keep forgetting to put my tickers in my siggy. Will try to remember tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a good Wednesday!! :)

No positive opk for me yet and it's cd22, so I don't think I will now. It's been a while since using opks so maybe this explains things, or I've got crap tests. Thought it was positive this morning but looking again I dont think it is. Urghh!!

Yay positive opk for me today! And we bd last night too and 2 nights before that, not great we've not done more but it's really difficult as we're here with family and friends with ds in our room. So happy to see that positive today, but no idea why it's SO late in my cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->