• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Our journeys to baby #2

Yay for a positive opk mummyduck! Maybe try bd again tonight to be sure? Remember ov happens 12-48 (or is it 24?) hours AFTER positive opk.

I think I've missed ov. We bd'd wed night, and again last night (Sat), but I think I ov'd around 10am yesterday (cramps) so suspect by the time things happened that night it was too late. I know theoretically the wed night session would still cover us but I dont really hold out much hope of that in our case.

Scrap that, I think I'm ov'ing now, this evening. Got major cramps right before I put ds to bed. Similar to Labour pains. Pretty sure those are my. Ov pains. Plus I had a super duper moody moment making supper so all adds up. About to bd now so hopefully that plus last night equal good timing.

Fingers crossed sounds promising huggles! Yay for timing too!

My temperature just dropped yesterday so that means AF is on her way.
I wonder if I should go see a doctor to find out why ttc takes so long for me. It's been two years and a month! What do you all think?

My temperature just dropped yesterday so that means AF is on her way.
I wonder if I should go see a doctor to find out why ttc takes so long for me. It's been two years and a month! What do you all think?

Deee I think it couldn't hurt going to see a doctor, get some bloods done to get a picture of things. If we're not pregnant by the time this UK/Sweden trip is over I'll be going to see someone when I get back to the US.

FX/HUGGLES: YAY for Oing!!! I'm waiting to O. I might not catch egg as I will be away if I O on weekend. We are enjoying dts though..lol

Deee: I think it's time to get checked out to be for sure that your hormones are all in check. Have you used Clomid, progesterone or anything? I'd tell my OB you are having issues. Has your hubby had any tests done? I'd both get checked out at same time to rule out things at the same time as supplements take 3 months to work and you can be on the same sheet together.

I'm hoping you get. Bfp soon though. HUGS

Ftale - No, I haven't had any tests done and I am not taking clomid or anything. I started out as NTNP but I ended up charting and ttc. Me going to the doctor will be my first step to actively ttc.

How are you all doing?

Hi all - this is my first time on one of these forums. Just wondering if anyone could offer me some insight.

I have a beautiful 2.5 year old who I conceived on the first try, first month off the pill. At the time I was having regular 28 day cycles every month. For some reason - which the doctors could not explain - she grew very large and we were offered a C-section (good thing too as she was nearly 12lbs when she came out). When she turned 2 I got off the pill again (still having 28 day cycles every month) and we tried for #2 and got pregnant AGAIN on the first try. When I was 8 weeks pregnant I started bleeding and after an ultrasound I was admitted to the hospital as I had an ectopic pregnancy in my C-section scar (apparently very rare - 1 in 2000 odds of this happening). I was treated with methotrexate which worked very quickly and was told in 3 months time I could start trying again. I figured it would be easy as both times before I got pregnant on the first try. I got my first period just a few weeks after I was treated for my ectopic pregnancy. My next three cycles were all 26 days. I am not sure why they got shorter but they were still extremely regular. After the three months were over, I picked up a couple boxes of First Response ovulation tests and started testing myself on day 6. I tested every day, often times twice a day, for about two weeks. Nothing. I never got more than a faint line every day. Me and DH still BD at least every other night for those couple of weeks, but I got a BFN at the end of the cycle and my period showed up right on time. I am a bit of a worrier so naturally I am convinced that there is something wrong with me and I won't be ovulating anymore. I am currently on day 10 of my current cycle. I have been taking my bbt every morning and doing two ovulation tests each day. So far nothing but desperately hoping for some sign of ovulation in the next few days.

Has anyone else here experienced problems with ovulating following an ectopic pregnancy?

Welcome Rachealsmommy:flower:

I'm very sorry for your loss. It is difficult to get back to things after going through it. I've been there more times than I care to speak of.

My cycle and ovulation stayed the same after my ectopic which they never found. I then had my daughter the next time I was pregnant.

I've found with opks you have to use them fmu and smu as the time of peak is different for everyone. I use to get positives only in the afternoon. Now its with fmu or they are faint. Crazy. BDing every other day no matter what is a good plan. But if your healtcare covers it, I'd go get a test to make sure you are having a strong ovulation. I'm 40 and mine are very weak since getting off depo almost 2 years ago.

It really sounds like your hormones are out of wack. I know when I started using Soy and Clomid my cycles went from 28 days to 25 to 26. I'm now on progesterone to keep my cycle from ending at cd 25.

I don't know if my rambling helped any but hopefully some one else can add some more to help out. HUGS

4 dpo, waiting.... waiting. Trying to ignore symptoms I know it's too early for! Ha ha!!

I'm 8dpo today. Felt some twinges on Saturday (6dpo) which I convinced myself must be implantation happening (probably more likely just gas :haha: ).
I chipped a filling on my one tooth on sunday morning so went to the dentist today to get that sorted. She then discovered a really bad cavity in the tooth just next to it - the cavity went really deep and right next to the nerve. So I landed up with an anaesthetic injection for her to clean it out and fill it. If the tooth has any pain going forward though I'll have to go back for a root canal.
I didn't mention to her that we're ttc because I feel like 8dpo is too early for anything to really affect the baby too much since it's still totally encased in the 'egg' and there's no placenta yet or anything. But now of course I'm wondering if I've potentially caused any problems (if I am pregnant that is). The tooth did need sorting though and I figured rather super early before there's a placenta rather than later on when there's a direct link between the baby and me. Chances are I'm not even pregnant though so it won't matter anyway...

I've been having crazy restless nights - dh has hardly slept the last 2 nights because I've been so wild in my sleep. Been dreaming like crazy and I keep waking up hearing a faint "mommy" call, but it's not my son. I check on him and he's fast asleep so I must just be dreaming it. But it's weird. And I get very hot and sweaty during the night (it's mid-winter) so not sure what that's all about either. I keep wondering if it's all early pg symptoms of course, but could be anything. No sore boobs yet.

Hey all I'm just reading along. FX for some bfps here soon. I have been on vaca now back to work so super busy.

I don't know where I am in my cycle because I think I stopped ovulating. I go in to see the doctor Wednesday but my uterus is very hard. Has been the past two months. I may find out I can't have kids afterall. Spoke with my husband about it and he looked like he half wanted to cry. We talked about his sister carrying our baby for us if we can't.

So the wait to see if we can or cant begins. :shrug:

Alright need to unwind a bit. Keep posting, I'm so hopeful for this group of awesome ladies to get bfps soon.

Good luck for the appointment ftale. I hope you get some answers xx

Thinking of you ftale and desperately hoping that isn't the case for you.

Thank you deee, I really hope so I feel like I've been trying for long enough now and just want to see that bfp!

Huggles, I had some seriously intense cramps at the airport yesterday, at 7dpo, really got carried away that it could be implantation. Not feeling much today though :(

Lol bfn yesterday at 8dpo! Don't know what possessed me!! Ha ha!

FX: lol...yup the 8dpo bfn is real. I too get temped to test that early...no shame. HUGS Have you had any major signs that make you think this is it?

Huggles: I just re read your post as I was at work before so was skimming everything. I really hope your teeth feel better. You are right to take care of it now when it can't hurt a pregnancy.

Super hot in mid winter..hmmmmm....wow, that would be so cool if it turned out you are preggy. Be in for some warm nights in the cold :haha:

You feel sick to your tummy or a cold coming on?

AFM: I'm dreading my appt. today. I really hope the doc listens to me and doesn't brush me off. You know how some can have that 'I know everything attitude' until they don't and you have to get a second opinion in order to get stuff done. Anyway, going to make it a good day no matter what. Oh, and if my ff chart is right I would be about 5dpo/6dpo? Who knows when your O is all whacky. My temps seem to be climbing but I notice it will peak at 6 or 7 dpo then gracefully fall. :coffee:

Thanks for the hug ftale, apart from some strong cramping 2 days ago, feeling nothing and not very hopeful right now :(

I really hope your appointment goes well ftale and that the doctor takes your concerns seriously.

Mummyduck, I was so close to buying a test myself today! The lead up to af has too much testing temptation!

Hi ladies! Anyone mind if I join? DH & I are currently ttc #2. I'm 13dpo right now & still getting bfn on tests! So frustrating. Baby dust to all! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->