Our little faint Christmas miracle!

RaeRae2701

Reaction score
So I have been lurking and stalking for around 2 years now, and have found all your stories and advice so inspirational and helpful that i thought i might now share my story with you all, in the hope it may give you a little of what i have gained from these brilliant boards.

Soo a bit of background... 2 m/c. 1st was 7 years ago (was a whoopsie BFP and m/c the day the dr told me) and 2nd was 2 years ago (the real heartbreaking one as was pregnant on my wedding day)
2nd was a mmc at 12 weeks...went to have our scan, and the little poppy seed had not grown past 11 weeks :( Was obviously devastated, and it told a long time to get over (if you ever really get over these things)

have been ttc since 2011 - and wowsers what a rollercoaster ! My whole life for the past almost 2 years has been a cycle of... waiting to ovulate, BD, waiting for AF, getting AF, having a cry and rant about how unfair it is, waiting to ov...etc, etc! Oh and dont forget the irrational resentment of anyone announcing their pregnancies and the general feeling really crap and thinking it will never happen. :nope:

So we had the tests. My blood tests came back fine, and so did DH SA. There begins the confusion as to why it was taking so bloody long! so we kept trying, and trying and trying. Eventually i got fed up and went back to another Dr for a second opinion. He was great and got me referred to a gyne / fertility clinic straight away! Brilliant, we thought :thumbup:

So we decided, in December we would have a little break and not try too hard as we knew our appointment would soon come through the post and we would be on the road to getting some help. So we only BD twice.

I normally spot for a good week before my period which is an indication very early that we havent been successful. This month though. No spotting. Weird i thought. But put it to the back of my mind.

So Christmas Day comes. Still no witch. I had one cheapy ebay strip test in the cupboard and decided to go for it. Nothing came up.
I went back a few hours later and there was a very faint but definate line! O...M...G!!!
We had to wait until boxing day to get some more tests. I tested again with Tesco pink line test and they both had barely there lines. So went the frantic google searching...'does faint line mean miscarriage?' 'does a faint line mean pregnancy is not progressing?'

In the end i bought a digi - which said 'pregnant' so thats all i need to know for now!

Im about 4 or 5 weeks i think. So still super early, and i know we face an agonizing wait until our 12 week scan, but i am so happy i could burst as i really did think it would never happen...but it has! Whatever happens, we now know we can do it, and for the first time in ages i can actually look to the future.

So sorry i have gone on for soooo long! :dohh:

I do hope this gives people some hope (if you are all still awake after reading this that is!)

xxx

What an amazing Xmas surprise! Happy and healthy 9 months to u! Congratulations :)

Congrats!
Lovely Xmas pressie :)

I'm so excited for you! What a long journey it's been to get to this bfp. Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy!

Congrats! I hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy! That is a Christmas miracle!!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->