Our quick decision wedding.

RachelLynda

TTC baby #3
Reaction score
Hi!
I'm Rachel and my fiance is Harry. We've been together a little over two years and engaged for coming up to a year.
We'd planned a May 2015 wedding and that's basically where planning stopped, I did a little bit of planning but nothing big (In other words I looked at a lot of dresses and rings!)
In July 2013 we had a unexpected but happy BFP - unforunatly that ended in September of 2013. Our little angel would have been born in March 2014.
Harry had all his holiday booked for March so he would be at home for the birth and a few weeks after. We didn't know what to do about his holiday, we knew it would be a tough time for us both and we didn't want the 2 weeks he had booked off to be spent in a great depression so we came up with the idea of getting married to, not forget about our angels due date but to I guess put a happier meaning to March 2014.
So now it's planning overload time!
We have around 6-7 months to plan our day - lucky I'm a list-o-holic!
I'll more than likely be writing all wedding related things here so stalk away!

Sorry about your angel baby but congrats about the wedding. I think that's a great idea. I am also obsessed with lists, hope you have fun organising. X

Thank you and thank you again! I write a list for everything, even lists for lists haha. Hoping to not get too stressed! Haha x

Good luck! Im the same with lists. We have just started thinking about planning ours (its over two years away!) and Ive already wrote a few! x

Thank you! I started writing a list the day after he proposed :pmsl:
There's so much to think about so lucky we write lists! I told Harry that I needed at least a year to plan everything - I'm crazy for trying to get it done in 6 months haha! X

Im an organisation freak I couldn't do it!
We've been engaged almost two years now, and together for almost seven! We need to get a move on but probably couldnt afford to do it before 2015 booo! x Ill be keeping an eye on how you get on :)

Emailed a few places today to get prices etc YAY! Also found a dress I like :D
On another note.. Found a 2 bed flat whixh is in our budget! Got a viewing tomorrow which means a room for the nursery when I get pregnant! :D hopefully the fees aren't too much and we like it :)
Xx

Congrats! I think that's a wonderful idea :) I'm the same with lists too. But it canbe done! I planned my mums wedding in 6 weeks no problem :D xx

I gave myself just over. Year lol! And tbh most of it was done in the first month xx

I would end up with no hair by the time it was my wedding as I'd be that stressed haha xx

The best thing I can say is to try to keep your plans to yourself as much as poss, that way nobody can interfere, also, don't worry about pissing people off because you will always upset someone anyways :flower: xx

Yeah, I don't care about upsetting anyone as someone is, just need to find a cheap place for our ceremony -.- x

I hate how whenever we walk into a jewelers they give me the 'Sorry but you're getting married and you're how old' SSHHH! :growlmad: We can get married when we want! It's a certain shop that's the worst, which I won't mention, but others I've been in have been lovely :)
My fiance brought me a silly shaped engagement ring so it's so hard to find a ring that matches :( It's a lovely ring but a bloody pain :haha:
Sorry about the rant!
On a good note - I THINK I've found my ring, a bit like my mums, and I LOVE ring shopping :happydance: xx

Why, how old are you? We picked our rings in about 10 mins lol xx

We're both 19. Exactly like a couple at 30, have our own place, jobs, been together a long time and live together over a year etc. But the moment I mention I'm 19/20 they start looking down their nose at us :/ And I've changed my mind so much so I'll probably change it again in a few weeks haha! x

You don't have to tell them how old you are! There are a few young brides on here. Admittedly I think I'm a young bride at 24 but who cares what others think, you have money, they should just take it and keep their mouths shut :haha: xx

They do the whole thing of 'How long have you been together then' 'Your must have got together so young then! How old were you?' doesn't help that my OH could get away with early 20s and if I don't wear makeup I look about 14 :haha: Same happened when my OH got my engagment ring (that was another I changed my mind so many times he made me go with him :dohh: ) and they acted as if we were children until OH got out his card and then there were like 'Is there anything else we can do for you?' and asking us questions about the wedding haha x

Doesn't matter how old you are hun, you know when the time is right and you know it's with the right man :hugs: People should be less opinionated and just do their job!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->