Over 30 and Fabulous!

Nah that was a question for Finally Ready. I couldn't imagine being pregnant on top of looking after Amelia. If I was it would probably be an immaculate conception at the moment - poor DH he's not getting much action

LOL And that my friends is how rumors get started! I figured out how to add tickers. I'm only newly pregnant! Just had a dr's appt today and asked for an ultrasound and he said not until I'm 20 weeks! He said I can go at 12weeks if I want the pre-natal screening tests done, however, I'm not sure I agree with them.

I guess I just feel so blessed to be pregnant that I wouldn't ever think of aborting based on a chance that my baby could have Downs or something. Plus there are so many things out there that your baby can develop or have that don't show up on that prenatal testing. So I guess I'm stuck waiting another 13 weeks! yikes! Hopefully the heartbeat will show up in another month to give me some kind or reassurance.

They don't do a dating scan??? Sucks you have to wait so long.

No he said that since I get a period every month that they can pinpoint my date within a couple weeks and that my 20 week ultrasound will tell me the date. He said there is no point in doing a scan now because nothing will change from now and 20 weeks. Meaning if something was to happen, it will happen IE miscarriage. And doing a scan now doesn't mean everything is in the clear. He will check the heartbeat at the next appt and I guess that will be some reassurance. But still, with Abby I had a scan at 8 weeks (only because I wasn't getting my period when I fell pregnant) but this time, he was like NO NO and NO. Grrr. Oh well not much I can do about it. What will be will be.

Haha didn't mean to start rumours!! :rofl:

Oh no msj that's crap the A up screaming for hours & getting clingy! :hugs: hope it improves soon!

Finally shame you're not getting a scan until 20 weeks! Funny how the different countries work! We automatically get one at 12 weeks approx.

x

Hi ladies! It's been a long time!!! I was so excited to see this new thread and I LOVE seeing all the avatars of your beautiful babies! It's just wonderful ... after all we've all been through and look at us now - mommies! I haven't logged on here in so long. Skimming through our old thread, I had almost forgotten how hard it was!

Is there a way we can all keep in touch outside of these boards? Instagram? I would say FB, but I'm hardly ever on there as well. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi Crumbs. How's things?? I would say FB only cause its easier to use on my phone than bnb and I am pretty much only on the computer to pay bills or work these days. How things have changed LOL

Wonder how Soliel is doing and whether she is still waiting for bub to arrive or not...

We go on our first overseas trip as a little family in just over a month. Off to NZ to visit DH's family. Just can not get over how quickly the year is flying by. Christmas will be here in under 3 months Yikes!!

A was on TV last night apparently. She made it on the news as we went to a baby welcoming ceremony for our local council. Unfortunately we missed it but a family friend just happened to tape the news so we will get to see it.

Me too thanks hakuna! Great idea! Though I'd like to think we still post on here when we get time he he :winkwink: Crumbs I'm on Instagram ill pm you my username, I don't really do much on it rather than upload my pics & send them to Facebook. I'm not following many people. How's your LO doing? And yourself of course. Msj that's great Amelia was on tv :thumbup: and yay for your first holiday abroad! :happydance: We're off on a cheapy caravan holiday in oct for 3 nights, penny's first holiday & she's doing it in style not! It'll be fun though we're going with friends. penny's got an awful cold at the minute, can't drink her bottles well with being so bunged up. Fri & sat night she had me up every hour :wacko: but last night not once do fingers crossed... She's being sick a bit too cos of all the mucus, yack :sick:

x

Fxd she's on the mend mrspttc.

I have invited mrsmax and rosababy on fb to the group.

Group has been changed from closed to secret so we have maximum privacy :thumbup: That link won't work anymore, so if you want to join the group, just ask me or one of the other girls (though I think most of us are in at this point.)

Girls, I've been so busy lately, trying to type away like a mad woman on my diss. and applying for jobs. It's been nuts! :wacko:

It doesn't help that I have to go in twice a week to the doc's b/c I am "high risk" (only because of the gestational diabetes, everything else is fine) - you know how long it can take to be seen at a doctor's office!

So I'm just on here to give a quick update: no baby yet! She is due on Friday, but I don't see her coming then. I am thinking Tuesday of next week. Every time I go in for the monitoring and scan, the doctor says, "She's happy in there." This is, of course, great news! :happydance: But it also makes me think her entrance is a little ways off yet.

I had an external cephalic version during week 37 (where they turn the baby from the outside). It was not exactly the most pleasant of experiences, but I am pleased to say that baby girl has remained head down! I at least have a chance at giving birth to her through the birth canal! :thumbup: Only thing is, it still might end up in a c-section because she is measuring very large. A week ago she was estimated to be 9lbs, 3oz. I know those estimates can be off, but there has never been a time during this pregnancy where she has measured less than the 92nd percentile for size. She's a big gal. And that's even with the GD being under control for the past two months! :shrug:

So that's the update. Going in for a growth scan an the hospital tomorrow because their machine is supposedly better than the one at my doc's office. I guess they're trying to figure out at this point whether I will be able to push her out!

I'll keep you updated!

:kiss:

Ah SB I hope they've got her size wrong!! Brill news your version worked though :thumbup: Can't believe your little girl is nearly here! Are you on Facebook Soleil? My brother in laws OH is due their baby in 3 weeks, my very first niece or nephew :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->