Over 30, expecting #1

Yes, you are seriously a better woman than me regarding your MIL! Five years!!!!!????? I would have gone mad. I get annoyed just from my DH talking to MIL on the phone. She is just ridiculous and says the most ridiculous, insensitive things sometimes. And has not showed an ounce of interest in baby or sent us a single baby gift...oh well.

I'm so sorry to hear that, no one deserves that at all!!!!!

More love is the only way to look at it:haha: I married a mama's boy and i knew that! In the end of the 5yrs i almost did kill her but she's the other kind of MIL. The one who says everything with a twist to make you wonder what she's thinking and always sweet to my face.:growlmad: I love my husband so i deal. I had to tell her to back off with taking care of DH since he has a wife now, so a baby is truly gonna be a test!

On the subject of baby weight-
I am normally pretty fit, but the pregnancy exhaustion has been kicking my ass. So, after a break in my fitness routine I resolved that today was the day I would start eating healthy and exercising again.
But then one of my students had a crisis, so I didn't get to eat and walk at lunch and then another student wrote a story about hamburgers and I never got to eat my lunch and the work day just wouldn't end and by the time the last bell rang I just couldn't stand it- I fell on Carl's Jr. in a ravenous frenzy and promptly celebrated my new healthy lifestyle with a burger, fries and a shake.
Now I feel too full to work out :blush:
Hope the baby likes sodium!

Lizzy, what grade level do you teach?

Don't feel bad about giving in to Carl's Jr. It happens :)

Special ed. at a high school, grades 9-12.
I'm a speech pathologist and I love it :happydance:
Are you in education also?

Not anymore...but I used to teach high school government and economics and then I was the director of a program at a community college that offered classes to kids K-12, and I still feel like education is where my heart is. :)

After that I went to law school and sold my soul to a law firm for awhile, and now work as an administrative law judge for the state.

I still feel like education is where my heart is. :)

Wow, law school! :thumbup:

I love working in education but I may leave it, too. I can make way more money in a medical setting. I am considering switching after the baby is born because I can make the same money part time at a hospital as I do full time in the schools. I don't want to, really, because the medical setting is all about money per client, but right now day care would take 1/2 of my take home salary at the schools!

I know what you mean about daycare. In my current position with the state daycare would take 1/2 of my salary as well. It just doesn't seem worth it, so I am going to try to stay home full time, at least for awhile. It will be tight, but I think we can make it work.

Had a bit of a frustrating hospital appointment today. The early pregnancy scanning clinic (which is a drop in clinic) only had 2 doctors working. I got there at 8:30 (they're supposed to start seeing people at 9) and was 6th in line. I wasn't seen until 10:40! In the mean time I had to dash to a different floor to let the diabetes clinic know what was going on as I had to miss my appointment there and reschedule for later in the morning.

Anyhoo... scan was fine. Mini Bean measured in at 9w2d although by dates I'm 9w tomorrow. Pic attached if a little blurry :cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 9
So cute Leila, I love the gummy bear stage :)

Charleosgirl- as you can see by my above post, no gender scan coming soon and maybe not at all.
So can I live vicariously through yours?:winkwink: You have hopes either way?

Well I think its a girl but I am second guessing now since OH's family only makes boys it seems :haha:

Leila- great pic you got there! So sorry your day was that frustrating, you would think they would take more into consideration with hormonal preggos:haha: My doc gives us an appointment just to make you wait an hour anyway:growlmad: But it definitely looks like it was worth the wait:thumbup:

I need alittle reassurance ladies that i'm not goin crazy today. Here's the deal we are trying to tell my immediate family that we're expecting (which i think should be such a happy time) but my dad seems fit to bring his girlfriend to every dinner/event. I kind of just want it to be my dad & sister since this is kind of personal and i don't know her well at all. So my question is am I just letting the pregnancy hormones get to me or should i be able to have dinner with just my dad, sis & DH?:shrug: I asked him not to bring her this weekend and he told me that would be awkwark for him :dohh: I should probably add that i'm also dealing with trying to tell my mom whom i am not close with anymore so i know my emotions are already all over. I'm also balancing the childish "who knew first me or your father" that i know is to come. (cant wait till i have to tell her DH family knew first:nope:)

HELPPPPPP!!!!!

I need alittle reassurance ladies that i'm not goin crazy today. Here's the deal we are trying to tell my immediate family that we're expecting (which i think should be such a happy time) but my dad seems fit to bring his girlfriend to every dinner/event. I kind of just want it to be my dad & sister since this is kind of personal and i don't know her well at all. So my question is am I just letting the pregnancy hormones get to me or should i be able to have dinner with just my dad, sis & DH?:shrug: I asked him not to bring her this weekend and he told me that would be awkwark for him :dohh: I should probably add that i'm also dealing with trying to tell my mom whom i am not close with anymore so i know my emotions are already all over. I'm also balancing the childish "who knew first me or your father" that i know is to come. (cant wait till i have to tell her DH family knew first:nope:)

HELPPPPPP!!!!!

How long has he been seeing this woman? I think though it may seem mean to exclude her to your dad this is a happy occasion for you and just this once you can be a little selfish. I'd say its your call on this one and explain to your dad as nice as possible why you don't really want her there.

I think it is reasonable to explain to your dad that you don't have anything against his girlfriend, and that you and DH would love to have dinner with him and his gf some other time, but that it is also important to you to have a little time where it is just family...especially if you don't know the gf very well, I think it makes sense.

HELPPPPPP!!!!!

Um, I can see both sides. Once I was serious with my now husband, I did expect my family to treat him like family, does that make sense? So if we were having a family dinner, I would expect that he was invited. I could see that it may be hard for your dad to tell his girlfriend that she isn't invited.
BUT,...this is a really special moment between you and your dad and I will admit that when I told my mom I told just her, not her and her husband. Luckily, it is easy to see her without him, so I didn't have to maneuver anything.
The only thing I can think of is telling him (and her) that you want a little private father/daughter time because you have something you need to talk to him about. That should be understandable.
Your mom is a whole other can of worms- why is family so complicated?!
Hang in there! :hugs:

HELPPPPPP!!!!!

How long has he been seeing this woman? I think though it may seem mean to exclude her to your dad this is a happy occasion for you and just this once you can be a little selfish. I'd say its your call on this one and explain to your dad as nice as possible why you don't really want her there.

ughhh! Alittle background. My dad was married for 25yrs to my stepmom & had my sis. 6yrs ago my stepmom got early onset alzheimers that progressed quickly and she passed last november at home, not once put in a hospital (by her wishes) since this runs in her family we kept her with the family. This has been INCREDIBLY hard on the family especially my sister. Fast forward to january and my dad tells us he has a girlfriend. Now we all know my stepmom was gone as a wife long before she passed, and he hasn't really handled the greiving process well, so we kind of understand what's going on but it's really hard to "take her in" just yet. Especially for such big news.
Thankfully last nite my sis stepped in and now we are doing lunch "just the daughters" (although DH is crashing-- in the end I think it'll be ok) She very likely may know what's coming cuz she's the only one i've told straight out that we're trying. We talk alot about children b/c she wants them but doesn't want to give her child the early onset alzheimers (it's genetic). She is going to be exstatic to be an aunt!

I think in the end it will all work out but it still breaks my heart to hurt my dad.

Hi Mrs AJ!

And I do see a familiar face over from TTC! Hi Purplelilly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->