Over 30, expecting #1

Warning- TMI ahead!

Ugh. Okay, so I have gotten over (kinda) my fear of sex in early pregnancy and my husband is enjoying himself once again. The problem is that he is the only one enjoying it :growlmad:

I don't know if it is nerves or hormones or what, but I am not getting turned on at all. And I have a long standing rule of no faking; although I do not lay there like a limp fish, I don't fake an 'o' if I am not having one. Luckily, my hormones are making me very cuddly, so I don't mind the intimacy- I am just not enjoying it the way I am used to and my husband is a bit put off and of course I get pissy with him if he dares mentions our little problem.

Anyone been is this position? Dare I ask if anyone has advice? :winkwink:

Lizzywiz that's a sticky situation you're in! I wish i had some advice for you but i still haven't gotten over the scared of sex thing. We're doing basically everything but until 2nd trimester, and i'm ok with that :blush: I just wanted to say good luck hon!

Lizzy, as long as you are enjoying the intimacy, just try not to worry about whether you O or not. I had pretty much no drive in first tri, but it returned in second (and is sadly waning again in third as I feel huge).

Lizzywiz that's a sticky situation you're in! I wish i had some advice for you but i still haven't gotten over the scared of sex thing. We're doing basically everything but until 2nd trimester, and i'm ok with that :blush: I just wanted to say good luck hon!

Kinda like being a teenager, necking in the car and doing everything but, eh? :laugh2:
That actually sounds fun!

Kinda like being a teenager, necking in the car and doing everything but, eh? :laugh2:
That actually sounds fun!

:happydance::happydance:my couch hasn't gotten this much action since we met 12 yrs ago. It actually is kinda fun :happydance::happydance:

No nerves, no stress, and so far he doesn't mind. I know i'll eventually cave in again but the last time (7wks) it hurt :shrug: Now that's no fun:nope: (well at least until he saw the disappointed look on my face and blurted out ....
"Oh my god I think i made TWINS!!" Just to make me smile:rofl:

Lizzywiz, it's a tough one.

DH and I were staying in a swanky hotel for our anniversary last weekend and we both felt in the mood which was fab but once we got going I wasn't really into it. It had been almost 3 months since we'd last had sex so I wanted to make an effort for DH. I didn't O and DH was all for rectifying that but I explained that I'm kind of scared to because I did when I was *ahem* on my own a couple of weeks ago and I had some cramping which I did not enjoy.

Fortunately he's a snuggly person and we've never felt that we need full sex to feel close to each other - fortunate really!

Warning- TMI ahead!

Ugh. Okay, so I have gotten over (kinda) my fear of sex in early pregnancy and my husband is enjoying himself once again. The problem is that he is the only one enjoying it :growlmad:

I don't know if it is nerves or hormones or what, but I am not getting turned on at all. And I have a long standing rule of no faking; although I do not lay there like a limp fish, I don't fake an 'o' if I am not having one. Luckily, my hormones are making me very cuddly, so I don't mind the intimacy- I am just not enjoying it the way I am used to and my husband is a bit put off and of course I get pissy with him if he dares mentions our little problem.

Anyone been is this position? Dare I ask if anyone has advice? :winkwink:

I'm just not in the mood these days for it and OH and me are always tired from working long days. Hope it perks up but as it stands we barely go once a week.

As for how your OH takes it, I would be honest with him about what's going on. How you just aren't in the mood, but would love cuddling so much more these days and it has nothing to do with him but just the fact you have all these hormones out of whack

Leila, it is normal to experience tightening in the uterus after an O, so not anything to be concerned about. :)

Leila, it is normal to experience tightening in the uterus after an O, so not anything to be concerned about. :)

Good to know!

I ate like a wild goat today and I haven't shaved since my BFP, so I am as hairy as a wild goat, too,...combine that with an almost constant over abundance of gas coming outta both ends and I am sure I even smell like a wild goat!

I don't know whether I should be grateful that my husband is still interested in lovin' or whether I should be concerned about his apparent lack of discernment:laugh2:

20 days til I find out what we're having! I'm excited but its sooo far away. Anyone else have gender scans coming up?

I saw a heart beat! Yay for ultrasounds! Those two little lumps (yolk sac and baby) somehow look cute to me. Happy! :cloud9:

Mayalake, SO happy for you and SO excited for my turn :laugh2:

I am right behind you!

I am glad you said you thought it was cute because I have been wondering what my reaction will be to a couple of indistinct blobs- I wonder if I will feel closer or farther from my baby for having seen, you know?

I was so glad my husband was there with me. It was nice to have a way for him to see the big deal that has been changing me in ways he can't really see yet. That heartbeat is so amazing!

I saw a heart beat! Yay for ultrasounds! Those two little lumps (yolk sac and baby) somehow look cute to me. Happy! :cloud9:

totally jealous!!!!:haha: I just was told yesterday that my insurance is gonna cover the Genetic testing though so my first ultrasound is gonna be 10/6:cloud9: I'll be 12+5 so should see alot[-o< 2weeks cannot go fast enough!!!lol

I'm jealous. You are 3 weeks further than me! That first scan of yours is going to be amazing. Moving arms and legs, I'm sure!

totally jealous!!!!:haha: I just was told yesterday that my insurance is gonna cover the Genetic testing though so my first ultrasound is gonna be 10/6:cloud9: I'll be 12+5 so should see alot[-o< 2weeks cannot go fast enough!!!lol

I'm jealous. You are 3 weeks further than me! That first scan of yours is going to be amazing. Moving arms and legs, I'm sure!

Thanks, it should be good but the wait has been torture!!!!!!!

Good to know!

I ate like a wild goat today and I haven't shaved since my BFP, so I am as hairy as a wild goat, too,...combine that with an almost constant over abundance of gas coming outta both ends and I am sure I even smell like a wild goat!

I don't know whether I should be grateful that my husband is still interested in lovin' or whether I should be concerned about his apparent lack of discernment:laugh2:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So, just found out that I can afford the birth center, which really fits my husband and I much better than a hospital, but (why is there always a 'but'?) the birth center prenatal care does not include ultra sounds :cry:

I could get one but then I would have to pay outta pocket.

Oh, the dilemma. Do you think I can get through the whole 9 months without the reassuring view of my lil' bean?

Lots to think about.

Charleosgirl- as you can see by my above post, no gender scan coming soon and maybe not at all.
So can I live vicariously through yours?:winkwink: You have hopes either way?

A private gender scan should cost less than $100, definitely worth looking into. I had a 3d scan at 27 weeks and it was only $85. Or, could you start out using a regular doctor's office and then switch to the birthing center after 20 weeks or so?

So, just found out that I can afford the birth center, which really fits my husband and I much better than a hospital, but (why is there always a 'but'?) the birth center prenatal care does not include ultra sounds :cry:

I could get one but then I would have to pay outta pocket.

Oh, the dilemma. Do you think I can get through the whole 9 months without the reassuring view of my lil' bean?

Lots to think about.

LOTS to think about is right, but maybe a doppler will get you through the need for reassurance which you can do everyday if you wanted:blush: It may be worth it if you really want to do the birth center (it sounds like you do!) My doc group only does 1 scan, but i'm fortunate enough that my insurance will pay for the downs/genetic testing which gives me an extra u/s but is notorious for false positives on the blood test portion :shrug: It's a shame there has to be such big decisions when your incubating the biggest thing in your life!

Good luck hon!

for you ladies farther along is it normal to feel like you did 500 crunches at 11wks (yes i just added an extra day,lol:blush:) And when i stretch or roll over at night it feels like my tummy can stretch no more with almost no effort? I know my uterus doesn't start moving up for another week or 2 so could my belly really be pushing out already?:shrug:

PS I've only gained 3lbs as of this morning:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"