Over 30, expecting #1

Well, ladies, I haven't been posting as much because the extreme tiredness got even more insane- how is that even possible?! :wacko:

I wake up, drag myself to work, drag myself home and fall asleep by 7ish. When I am not sleeping I still have absolutely NO energy.

I keep being tempted to call into work but I know 1) no amount of sleep makes me feel rested and 2) I need to save my sick days for maternity leave.

I am keeping my sleepy eyes on the prize!

Everyone else doing well?
Mrs. AJ- I can't believe how close you are! :happydance: Are you getting calmer or more excited as 40 weeks approaches?

It gets better lizzy! I'll be 12wks tomarrow and just now feeling better! You're still building that placenta but you're past the halfway point! I'm tired today but also stayed up with DH for movie night till 11pm last night. (which i would never have been able to do 4 wks ago!!!!) Hang in there sleepy!

Lizzy, I am sorry you are suffering with fatigue, but purplelilly is right, it does get better! I had much better energy in second tri (not pre-pregnancy levels, but close).

And I know, I can't believe I have less than 7 weeks left. Sometimes it feels like a long time still, and other times it feels like not enough time! But I am super excited and overall feel ready :)

Lizzy, I am sorry you are suffering with fatigue, but purplelilly is right, it does get better! I had much better energy in second tri (not pre-pregnancy levels, but close).

And I know, I can't believe I have less than 7 weeks left. Sometimes it feels like a long time still, and other times it feels like not enough time! But I am super excited and overall feel ready :)

That is soooo exciting! I have a friend that is due 10/25 and i can see just that in her. Most of the time she looks excited but every now and then you can see the nervous! You're gonna be great, don't worry just enjoy the rest of the pregnancy!:hugs:

Doesn't it seem weird that our whole lives will change from one day to the next once labor starts? Pre-baby then voila! Baby!

I am so ready to embrace this next stage in life but I am sooo far from thinking of it as a reality. It just seems too impossible to think that someone would let us have a baby and that we will become those parents who think their kid is great and then we'll be those parents complaining about our teenager and then (if we're lucky) paying for college and then starting the next generation of hounding for a grandchild!

Weren't we just 21 yesterday?:haha:

Doesn't it seem weird that our whole lives will change from one day to the next once labor starts? Pre-baby then voila! Baby!

I am so ready to embrace this next stage in life but I am sooo far from thinking of it as a reality. It just seems too impossible to think that someone would let us have a baby and that we will become those parents who think their kid is great and then we'll be those parents complaining about our teenager and then (if we're lucky) paying for college and then starting the next generation of hounding for a grandchild!

Weren't we just 21 yesterday?:haha:

lol I know what you mean! I know we are technically "late" having kids but i still feel like a kid myself most the time:haha: Every now and then i get that "they trust me with a baby 24/7?" :rofl: especially with baby brain when i can't even remember why i walked into a room!

I've been sleepy too! Took a nap yesterday and I never do that.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

Lunch with my dad and sis this afternoon! SOOOOOo excited/nervous! Sis keeps telling me she's excited to meet today (even winky faces on fb) so i think she knows why. Still hoping my dad is ok with un-inviting his GF. Mom is on monday when she gets back in town! Fingers crossed that all is well on the u/s thursday and i didn't jump the gun telling everyone beforehand!

Purplelilly, hope it all goes well this afternoon!

I'm feeling comparatively fresh and energetic today although all that means is I don't want to lie down all day! :dohh:

Finally went for a bra fitting today and came away with some non wired bras. I wasn't convinced at first but I changed into one when I got home and it is much more comfy.

Received my booking appointment letter through the post today - it's on 10th October and my nuchal scan appointment is on 19th Oct. My Mum is getting married on 22nd Oct and I'm really glad the scan is before that. I'm hoping to fit into a dress I bought last year for it. I think if I wear a totally non-padded bra (I own one and never wear it!) I should fit into it.

DH will be with me for both appointments. I can't say how glad I am that he can come to the scan though as he hasn't been able to come to the other 2. I'm really nervous about the scan even though I've seen Mini Bean's heartbeat. I guess you never stop worrying.

Good luck with lunch today purplelilly, I am sure it will go well :)

hi ladies! :wave: mind if i join? i'm 30 and about 5 wks preggers after IVF. i have my 3rd beta on monday and my first ultrasound will be the week after that :) looking forward to getting to know you ladies :flower:

hi ladies! :wave: mind if i join? i'm 30 and about 5 wks preggers after IVF. i have my 3rd beta on monday and my first ultrasound will be the week after that :) looking forward to getting to know you ladies :flower:

Of course you can, all over 30 are welcome!

Congrats and healthy and happy 9 mths to you:flower:

Hi ladies, I'd love to join in! I am 32 (will be 33 in about 2 months) and I am pregnant with my first. I have been TTC for a little over 2 years now, and with a FS for a year. We had been doing IUIs, but took a break from IUI with my last cycle because of a chemical pregnancy in August and a vacation that we had planned. I took my clomid the last cycle anyway, and lo and behold, an unexpected BFP! I have been hanging out in Assisted Conception (Congrats Touch!!) so long that I am nervous to make my way to the Pregnancy Forums!

H&H 9 months to everyone!

Welcome Michelle and Touch the Sky!

So, Purplelilly, how'd it go? I want details!

Leila, I desperately need new bras, too, but I am holding off, just in case they get even bigger:laugh2: I don't know how that would be possible, but my body is surprising me. Speaking of worrying- I am a nutcase! :wacko:

Today's concern is that I'm not as tired and my boobs don't hurt as bad, so I keep thinking something is wrong, even though I KNOW that symptoms can come and go. It doesn't matter- I won't be happy until I feel miserable again. How's that for crazy?

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend :flower:

I've had to buy new bras twice...first around 15 weeks and again around 25 weeks, mostly because my ribcage had expanded so much although also because I'd just gotten bigger.

I also had to buy some bigger shoes in third tri - something else to look forward to ;)

Welcome Michelle and Touch the Sky!

Welcome Michelle and Touch the Sky.

Touch the Sky I remember you from the Assisted Conception forum - so glad you have your BFP!

Welcome Touch the Sky & Michelle! Congrats ladies on your bfp's!

Leila--- i had to break down and buy bra's at 8wks! lol! My bush up bra's turned into "up & out" on me:haha: Now that i have new ones (1 cup & 1 ribcage size up) I'm hoping they will last a couple of mths before the girls go all freak show again.. not that DH minds:haha:

Lizzy--- It went great! We did a late lunch which my sis ran ridiculously late to but it all worked out! I gave them a "congrats card" since they were the top fundraising team for the local Alzheimers walk on saturday morning and inside i wrote " forgot something else!" with an arrow to the back where I wrote "Congrats Grandpa & Aunt Again! April 2012!" My sis just starting yelling and my dad started crying. He said he thought so, and his girlfriend yelled at him for even worring about being left out. (she does understand the bond between him and "his girls":thumbup:) He immediately texted his GF and my aunts who were at his house. SOOOO now they are all on death threats to keep quite untill i say alls ok:haha: Tonight is my mom (i'm NOT looking foward to this one) then phone calls to friends and grandparents tomarrow so that my poor dad doesn't explode with excitement!lol
His first words to me were "that's the best news i've heard in years!" Since my stepmom passed away last year, I believe that is true!:cloud9:

Edit: Oh and my sis is already planning my shower,lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->