Over 30, expecting #1

Question: am i the only crazy fool thinking of going cloth diapers to save?

Nope. I am also. You can get a diaper service cheaper than buying diapers.

Ok. I gotta ask. I am in the first month so I have no idea if this is normal. I fell almost painfully bloated and tender in the lower abdomen. Anyone else get that?

I am 10wks today and feel rediculously bloated still. The first month i had light cramping (almost like af starting) but now have heard the heartbeat so all is well.

Good morning girls!! How is everyone doing?

The bloating is normal - I am just shy of 18 weeks and I'm still bloated! Mind you, I don't think my late night snacking is helping! :winkwink:

I went for a check up with my Dr. yesterday. We heard squishy's heartbeat at 150 BPM - it's always so lovely to hear!:happydance: We have our anatomy scan and fetal echocardiogram on the 27th. I am nervous! We'll also find out if we are having a boy or a girl.

I hope everyone is doing well?

I'm definitely planning to give reusable nappies a go. My very good friend is a massive fan of them and uses them for her two little ones. It means I'll have an expert on hand for advice!

Bloating is very normal as is period like pain for the first several weeks. :)

I started a thread but got no answers so maybe you ladies could give me some insite ???

Round ligament pain-- what does it feel like? Every now and then i get this shooting pain on the right side of my lower abdomin (going down) It will do it a few times then stop for a couple of days then do it again. I think it may be RLP cuz it's def not gas:haha: Has anyone else experienced this?

Sounds like round ligament pain to me. Some sites say you don't get RLP until later in pregnancy, but I had more around 12-15 weeks than I had later on, and that seemed to be the case for lots of other ladies on here as well. It is sort of a sharp pain, that comes and goes low down and on the side. Usually comes on when you stand up or shift positions.

Thanks Mrs Aj. I thought that's what it is but seemed kind of early to me?:shrug: I'm 10wks but i haven't had a dating scan so that may change. I'm unfortunately alittle behind on dr appts because of the group i go to just changed hands so they're not even close to organized yet. My first real "prenatal appt" is on monday where i get to ask the tons of questions i have :blush: Then i go for my blood tests (yeah they haven't done them yet either:growlmad:) on tuesday. Needless to say all the "unknowns" are making me alot paranoid about every little twinge/twang:blush:

I think my view of what pregnancy is like may have been through rose colored glasses :blush::blush::haha::blush:

Question: am i the only crazy fool thinking of going cloth diapers to save?

We want to (maybe fuzzibunz) but we have to consider that most daycare providers won't take 'em. We can't afford to invest in cloth and then have to use disposables, too!

Can anyone give me advice regarding baby shower etiquette?
(yes, I know I am thinking about this insanely early; what can I say? I’m so excited and I just can’t hide it :happydance:)
I wanted my mom to host it as she has a large house and lives nearby. My sister lives out of town, so she can’t host and my friends who live locally aren’t really those kind of friends. Anyway, I brought this up with my mom and she was horrified- she said that it is inappropriate for the mother of the mom-to-be to host the baby shower. Well, that was news to me! But even if it is a stupid rule I don’t want to do something that everyone else frowns upon,…what do you guys think and/ or what has your experience been with this?

(sorry for the serial posting :blush:. I have a lot on my mind and no one to talk to)

Visited our local birth center today. I think we might be able to afford it and it would be really nice not to have to constantly defend my choices as I feel I would at a hospital.

Still a bit nervous regarding the ‘what ifs’: what if the baby is breech or in respiratory distress? What if I hemorrhage? What if we need a NICU and I chose to give birth where we have to drive 15 minutes to get to one,…?
Still a lot of thinking to do.

Sometimes I wonder if I would have been more laid back about this whole process if I had had children when I was younger and more impulsive :wacko:

(yes, I know I am thinking about this insanely early; what can I say? I’m so excited and I just can’t hide it :happydance:)
I wanted my mom to host it as she has a large house and lives nearby. My sister lives out of town, so she can’t host and my friends who live locally aren’t really those kind of friends. Anyway, I brought this up with my mom and she was horrified- she said that it is inappropriate for the mother of the mom-to-be to host the baby shower. Well, that was news to me! But even if it is a stupid rule I don’t want to do something that everyone else frowns upon,…what do you guys think and/ or what has your experience been with this?

The mother of every mom to be has been the one to host the baby shower! Then again, I am British but living in America so I am not altogether knowledgeable about these things lol.

I think it is fine for your mother to host the baby shower :hugs:

I think traditionally it is the family of the mom to be that hosts the shower - usually her mom, sister, or MIL. Mine was hosted by my best friend because my mom and sister live in another state.

Sounds like my MIL (not legally married but I consider his family like in-laws) wants to host mine, I do want my mom to be there though, and know sis definitely won't be able to make it (which I'm a little sad about) so it sounds to me like a mom or mil or sis should hold one for you. I'm a little surprised why your mom sounds against holding one, do you think she just feels pressure maybe cause your her little girl? I really think a mom holding one makes the most sense since they are closest to you. Let us know how it goes :flower:

Thanks for the responses, ladies!
Well, I googled the baby shower thing and apparently there is a 'rule' about who hosts and how it should not be immediate family (maybe because it seems greedy? :shrug:)
BUT, no one in real life seems to know of this rule so maybe it is an old fashioned thing. I'll just have to convince my mom of that!
PS- my mom is hostess extraordinaire, so I pretty sure her resistance was all based in the propriety issue.

(sorry for the serial posting :blush:. I have a lot on my mind and no one to talk to)

Visited our local birth center today. I think we might be able to afford it and it would be really nice not to have to constantly defend my choices as I feel I would at a hospital.

Still a bit nervous regarding the ‘what ifs’: what if the baby is breech or in respiratory distress? What if I hemorrhage? What if we need a NICU and I chose to give birth where we have to drive 15 minutes to get to one,…?
Still a lot of thinking to do.

Sometimes I wonder if I would have been more laid back about this whole process if I had had children when I was younger and more impulsive :wacko:

I understand completely. I did so much research on getting pg that now I am lost and hearing what all can happen it is starting to freak me out. I think our advanced wisdom has a bit to do with it. When we were younger we didn't know just how fragile we really are. Now we do and it changes things. Then again, younger moms do this also but much later in the game. I think it is good to look ahead but don't sweat it. It will only stress you out. Just be sure the birthing center is close to a hosp and can get you there quickly if need be.

Oh yeah - have you been to the doc yet to get a due date?

Lizzy- I have never heard of that with mother & the baby shower sorry! When I spoke to DH about it he said that my sister better do my shower (which I doubt because she is 8yrs younger and doesn't really know any of my friends) but the shower i just went to for a friend was hosted by her SIL. I'm in the US so maybe it's different here, but every shower i've been to has been hosted by a SIL/SISTER/MOTHER

PS. DH has basically banned my from researching anymore about the "what if's" of pregnancy online:blush: I must admit i'm basically driving myself nuts so i almost understand....... but my computer seems to find the sites all by itself:haha::haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->