Over 30, expecting #1

purplelilly - step away from the google! I scared myself silly googling stuff in early pregnancy. Much better to call your DR if you have a concern. But like I said, I did it too...it is so hard to resist the instant response of google.

Google is our own worst enemy. Honestly, after my NT scan/tests I googled the Nuchal Fold measurement and was CONVINCED we'd get told our baby has downs. Turns out we have odds of 1:8000.

Google is evil and should be banned :)

purplelilly - step away from the google! I scared myself silly googling stuff in early pregnancy. Much better to call your DR if you have a concern. But like I said, I did it too...it is so hard to resist the instant response of google.

LOL, I know i should! Actually this morning I went for my appt with the prenatal nurse (she's the one who actually tells me all the proceedures through the pregnancy & answered my gazillion questions:blush:) and she was soooooo sweet! I told her what i was doing and got alittle scolded :blush: She said to call them with any question that they've heard it all and they are there even after we finally tell all our family and get wrong info too:haha:

Google is our own worst enemy. Honestly, after my NT scan/tests I googled the Nuchal Fold measurement and was CONVINCED we'd get told our baby has downs. Turns out we have odds of 1:8000.

Google is evil and should be banned :)

this is another one of those tests i just don't know about! I'm still waiting to hear from my insurance to see if they cover it. The nurse said that the u/s scan is pretty reliable but the blood part tends to give alot of false positives and i don't know if i want to put myself through the worry :shrug: BUT if insurance covers it i get an u/s at 12wks instead of having to wait until 20wks for my first scan :blush:

I've got my first scan tomorrow morning. It's a viability scan by my IVF clinic to check for the heartbeat (and multiples but I had a single transfer). I'm really, really nervous. I know that worrying won't affect the outcome and there's no reason to think that anything is wrong but it's so hard not to stress about it.

Good luck with your scan tomorrow Leila!

I've got my first scan tomorrow morning.

I am also nervous about what is actually happening in my body after so long of TTC and I am on tenterhooks to see, so I totally get what you are saying.
:hugs:we'll be thinking of you! Let us know how it goes.

Purple Lily - good luck!
Lizzy - Hang in there. Just take it easy for a while. My DH won't even let me have a sip of coffee..lol

Lizzy- I have never heard of that with mother & the baby shower sorry! When I spoke to DH about it he said that my sister better do my shower (which I doubt because she is 8yrs younger and doesn't really know any of my friends) but the shower i just went to for a friend was hosted by her SIL. I'm in the US so maybe it's different here, but every shower i've been to has been hosted by a SIL/SISTER/MOTHER

PS. DH has basically banned my from researching anymore about the "what if's" of pregnancy online:blush: I must admit i'm basically driving myself nuts so i almost understand....... but my computer seems to find the sites all by itself:haha::haha:

oh same here purplelilly. Not allowed whatsoever to look up stuff because He says I worry to much (which can be true)

It's so hard not to 'research' though! :dohh:

I'm pleased to report that my scan went well this morning. Saw the heartbeat and the bean is measuring 1.6cm which is just right for being 8 weeks tomorrow :cloud9:

I'm pleased to report that my scan went well this morning. Saw the heartbeat and the bean is measuring 1.6cm which is just right for being 8 weeks tomorrow :cloud9:

That's great Leila!! Congrats, your almost thru the 12ww!

That is just awesome! I love posts like this because it makes me believe that my pregnancy will be ok, too.

I hit the wall of exhaustion yesterday. I thought the vague tiredness I was experiencing prior to yesterday was what everyone was talking about, but now I know how wrong I was! I could easily sleep the day away and I even left work yesterday because I was dosing at my computer :sleep: I took a nap, went back to bed at 8pm, slept until 6 am and I am still completely undone *yawn*

Does it last the whole 12ww? (love that, by the way, purplelilly:winkwink:)
Any tricks to dealing with it?

Congrats on the great scan Leila! Isn't it a wonderful feeling??

Re exhaustion, I had it in full force up until about 16 weeks, then it tapered off. Unfortunately I don't have any tricks for dealing with it other than sleeping as much as possible. It made work difficult, but honestly for me I had such bad morning sickness that the exhaustion didn't seem so bad in comparison. ;) It definitely does get better though. Second tri was bliss!

Hi mommies!

Just got back from prenatal apt. They did a urine test and said I was borderline and to come back in a week. What the >.(*&# does that mean?
How can you be borderline?

Hi mommies!

Just got back from prenatal apt. They did a urine test and said I was borderline and to come back in a week. What the >.(*&# does that mean?

hm,... don't they use the same thing as pregnancy tests? Did they at least take blood to do a blood test?
I'm sorry, DHime, I have no idea what that is all about. I googled it but didn't get much more than maybe it is just too soon (I know, not helpful at all). Did you POAS again since that test? When is AF expected or has that date already passed?

Hi mommies!

hm,... don't they use the same thing as pregnancy tests? Did they at least take blood to do a blood test?
I'm sorry, DHime, I have no idea what that is all about. I googled it but didn't get much more than maybe it is just too soon (I know, not helpful at all). Did you POAS again since that test? When is AF expected or has that date already passed?

AF should have been here last Friday. I will test again tonight. I took 4 tests at home on Thursday though. They wouldn't do a blood test today. said to come back in 3 days.... I am research it now but I don't know the level, just borderline. I hate public health systems. They also had my sample standing around for an hour before doing the test.

Hi mommies!

The same exact thing happened to me, try not to worry :hugs:. I got my BFP at 3 weeks 3 days and had my doctor's appointment the following week. I was told I was "probably" pregnant but that the test was inconclusive. The doctor didn't want to do a blood test, he just wanted me to come back in a week to test again. I was super pissed and felt like my doctor was being really insensitive about it, so ultimately switched to a different doctor who I like so much more. I immediately went to a drug store and bought more tests, and when I tested at home they were very cleary positive. From what I've read the urine tests used in Dr. offices are often less sensitive than home tests...crazy, I know!

Hi mommies!

The same exact thing happened to me, try not to worry :hugs:. I got my BFP at 3 weeks 3 days and had my doctor's appointment the following week. I was told I was "probably" pregnant but that the test was inconclusive. The doctor didn't want to do a blood test, he just wanted me to come back in a week to test again. I was super pissed and felt like my doctor was being really insensitive about it, so ultimately switched to a different doctor who I like so much more. I immediately went to a drug store and bought more tests, and when I tested at home they were very cleary positive. From what I've read the urine tests used in Dr. offices are often less sensitive than home tests...crazy, I know!

OMG That makes me feel so much better. I was planning to go home and do 3 tests just to put myself at ease. And then 1 for each day to see if the line gets darker. They were very incensitive. Once I get my insurance, I will totally find a better doc. I wasn't planning to be sucessful this quickly when being told that it would take 6 months or more for me to get pg. My insurance starts in Nov. I hate open enrollment.
Thanks again though. That really makes me feel better.

Hi mommies!

AF should have been here last Friday. I will test again tonight. I took 4 tests at home on Thursday though. They wouldn't do a blood test today. said to come back in 3 days.... I am research it now but I don't know the level, just borderline. I hate public health systems. They also had my sample standing around for an hour before doing the test.

That would totally p*** me off! It's probably just too soon for them to call it a positive, my doc wouldn't even bring me in until 6wks then told me i was pos but wouldn't hear a hb until 12wks because of a tilted uterus. She said she wouldn't even try til 12wks:growlmad: So i went to another doc at 9wks and he found the hb right away! Some doctors (especially groups) are insensitive a**wipes! ..... rant over:blush: Chin up honey, in a couple days you can tell them "i told you soo!!":thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->