Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

Oh your scan is next Thursday it's awonder? Mine is next Wednesday, I thought we were having them the same day??? :)

Close enough :). Seeing your good news will, I am sure, help keep me calm for my scan the following day!

Just got a call from my doctor's office. My beta HCGs are great! I did not ask for specific numbers as I only want to know if they are rising well or not. Of course, even with my MMC my levels doubled every two days but, he said we can be "cautiously optimistic". I will take that!

Who hooo that's great news, roll on next week :)

Great news on the hcg levels itsawonder!

The chances of multiples are higher with ivf because more than one embryo can be transferred back. Hyperstimulation means that the ovaries are stimulated to such an extent that fluid gets released after egg collection and this fluid collects in the abdomen area. Can ve very serious - can end up in hospital with it :(

HH- Wow. I have never heard of that before. I agree with your decision though - it's a risk I would take as well. Of course I am assuming the risk is not terribly high or they would not offer that level of meds, correct?

Either way I do not believe this will happen to you!

It's a fairly high risk as my ovaries are very sensitive to the drugs apparently but they tried me on lower doses and I didnt respond as well. My first ivf cycle was on a bigger dose and I got pg with that one so FC that it works...third time lucky!

I've got everything crossed for you high hopes :)

Is anyone doing anything nice this weekend?

Well it's THE day today and there have been a few tears so far but it's not as bad as I feared. Trying to keep my mind off it. Feel very numb. Hoping it will get easier now that this milestone is passing.

Aw high hopes its only natural to be upset today, I'm sorry you are having to go through it. I hope you are not on your own today :hugs:

Thanks ladies. My DH and I have had a nice day today. A few tears and lots of cuddles.

Great news on betas itsawonder! So glad things are going well
Yay for yours and mrsducks scan this week!

I'm sorry highhopes I hope you are feeling ok. Glad you and DH are there for each other.

I can see the ticker now...for some reason didn't show up before :)
Had an emotional weekend myself so wondering is PMS is coming around for me. Guess we will find out

Highhopes - I do hope those tears turn to tears of joy soon. Fingers crossed for you.

AFM - starting to get nervous for Thursday. Still don't have much in the way of symptoms so doubt is starting to creep in. Just trying to take each day at a time and trying to stay positive.

HH, I hope you had a day of release and are feeling much more at peace now. Big hugs.

Itsawonder, I'm sure you're totally within what's defined as 'normal' for early pregnancy symptoms. I can understand that it's nerve-wracking though.

High hopes I'm glad you got through it together. Hopefully like itsawonder says it will be tears of joy very soon

Itsawonder I know how you feel, I'm pooping my pants about Wednesday too ;)

Good luck Mrs. Duck! I will be thinking of you all week. Does it help at all to have seen the heartbeat before?

Thanks itsawonder, I'm sure it will be good news for both of us :) no I don't think it does help, I don't think I'll believe that all is well after this scan either until I can feel constant movements to reassure me. Mmc's rob you of being happy xx

Good luck itsawonder and Mrs duck! Im sure all will be well. It must be difficult to relax, mc really robs us of that innocence.

Good luck for the scans this week mrs duck and itsawonder! Hope we are all in the same situation as u girls soon! Xx

Thanks girls, I'm sure you WILL all be here in our situation very soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->