Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

A bump!! That is so exciting!!! It must be such a wonderful feeling.

My next scan is on October 31 so 1 1/2 weeks to go. I wish it was sooner as I keep getting nervous since my symptoms are still very minor. Most of the time I am staying positive, there are just those moments... My doc is awesome and will give me an earlier scan if I want, but I can hang in there.

Melly - I will continue to take prenatals through the pregnancy at my docs recommendation - but this is common in the U.S. Since the baby doesn't really start draining the mom of nutrients until 2nd and 3rd trimesters the added vitamins will only help. If you plan your meals right though, you can get everything you need through your food. Since I live in a cold mountain climate it's hard to get nice greens during the winter.

I think I've just got poor stomach muscles haha

Oooh 1 1/2 weeks to go, my next appointment is 13th nov but not sure if I'll be scanned then (ill be 16 weeks) I've got my gender scan booked for 10th dec at 20 weeks :)

Are you going to find out the sex?

We just talked about that over the weekend and are undecided. It used to be that I wanted to find out but DH did not. Now he wants to find out and I would rather wait. The one thing we know is that, if we do find out, we are not going to tell anyone else. In truth, I don't want to get a bunch of pink shirts or sports jerseys. I want neutral yellows and greens, non-gender specific clothes.

Mrs duck a bump is so so exciting!!! And itsawonder I'm so happy for you too. Try to stay positive hon, I know it's hard but you deserve to enjoy this x

Highhopes yay for Barcelona! I hope you have such a great time!

Mrsduck excited about your upcoming appts and hearing about them! Yay for a bump!

Itsawonder yay for a Halloween scan ;) I am sure everything will go great. Sometimes certain people just don't have symptoms.

Melly I have been taking prenatals since February I believe and will keep taking along with folic acid and calcium. Doesn't hurt either way.

Flou I'm so sorry about AF. Our body needs to stop with this!

How are you hilslo?

AFM CD 4. Went to Gyno yesterday and she gave some suggestions. Follow up appt January. She said she doesn't believe in waiting forever for referrals and talking about next steps so if I am not Pregnant by then we will discuss what to do next. That made me feel better. Minus the pregnancy and waiting for AF we did start in January.

Buttrfly - it sounds like you have a great doctor. Of course I hope you are pregnant by your January appointment but, if not, it will be a relief if you are able to find answers or have some assistance in the ttc process.

Butterfly that's brilliant, sounds like they are on a mission to get you preggers yay

I forgot to say I can now hear my little duckling on my Doppler yay it's very reassuring :)

That's a really nice safety net, that they are already willing to talk to you if you aren't pregnant by January. But let's hope you don't need the appointment ;)

I had my GP appointment today and it went really well. He is going to refer us back to the FS. I spoke to him about my painful periods and he is going to put in the letter to the FS that it may be worth checking for Endo. Even though its more waiting i feel its a tiny step forward. I hope i get a sticky bean before the appointment comes through!

Flou I really hope you are pregnant before your appointment but its great they are doing something :)

Flou - it's great to hear that your doctors are taking steps to help you figure this all out. Of course I also hope you are preggo before or at your appointment but, either way, it's forward progression.

Happy raspberry week :)

Has anyone got any nice plans for the weekend?

Raspberries and peaches! Delicious. :haha:

I had registered to do a 5K race but I've hurt my calf somehow in all my training so I'm going to skip it, booooo. My husband is away so I will probably lie on the couch and watch "Call the Midwife" all day!

Oh no melly after all your training you can't now do the run booo
Enjoy relaxing on the sofa instead ;)

I am enjoying it so far! I finished season one of Call the Midwife last night, and had a pedicure. Today I'm going to go shopping!

How's your weekend going?

Haha I'm glad you enjoyed your relaxing day melly :)

I'm good thanks, we are hoping to move house, fingers crossed it all works out. New baby, new house :)

I've just been stalking you hilslo I'm glad the witch finally showed and good luck in the tww :)

How is everyone else?

Thanks Mrs Duck. Given my repeat d&c we decided to prevent this cycle and go all guns blazing next month. Feels good to know that the witch is on her way. She's welcome to stay this minth but then she's getting barred!

Glad you are getting somewhere with your doctor flou. It can be a long nerve-wracking road going through FS. Remember we are here for you!

Hope the rest of you ladies are ok.

I'm in barcelona woohoo! I'm on cd34 and having weird stabby pains/cramps now and then but they dont feel like af cramps. Also for the past week or so I've had CRAZY dreams/nightmares and been waking up feeling quite upset with my heart racing etc! Weird or what!

Hilslo I'm glad you are finally getting through the other side and I can't wait for looks of symptom spotting next month :) xx

Highhopes that all sounds very positive and whoo hoo for Barcelona :happydance:
I was in France for my bfp and your symptoms are exactly the same as mine. Are you feeling really ratty?? I've never been so ratty as just before my bfp, I could easily have bitten anyone's head off and that's not me normally haha crazy hormones

Oooh I'm a lemon today yay

I'm not particularly ratty but having crazy mood swings - exhausted one minute, laughing like mad at silly things another minute. Trying not go get hopes up. AF due today. Will see how it goes over the next few days.

Lovely to hear how your bump is progressing! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"