Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

Fxd that the witch stays away highhopes! I hope you get your bfp.

Good luck with your scan wonder. I hope you get a good view of your little one.

Buttrfly i hope you catch the egg. I can tell my body is starting to gear up to O. Probably over the weekend. I think bding every other day is a good way to go. Lets hope we both catch the egg this cycle.

Fingers crossed Highhopes!

Mrs Duck - I do not plan on getting a Doppler. I see people writing about them but it never crossed my mind to buy one. Of course, who knows how I will feel in a few weeks. Is there any danger in using them? Is there a limit to how often you can use it?

I don't think anyone really knows itsawonder, the hospital use more or less the same ones you can now buy and the hospital doesn't seem to think it harms the baby. I love mine, every few days I have a little listen :)

HH I can't wait for your good news :)

I would be tempted to buy a Doppler...must be very reassuring after a mc to be able to hear the baby whenever u want. How far along do u have to be for it to work?

Had crazy laughing crying fits today - hormones are going mental! Also lots of cramps. Still no AF. Flying back in a few hours! I've never had a natural bfp in 3 years of TTC so I'm not holding much hope but a miracle bfp would be amazing!

I would be tempted to buy a Doppler...must be very reassuring after a mc to be able to hear the baby whenever u want. How far along do u have to be for it to work?

Had crazy laughing crying fits today - hormones are going mental! Also lots of cramps. Still no AF. Flying back in a few hours! I've never had a natural bfp in 3 years of TTC so I'm not holding much hope but a miracle bfp would be amazing!

HH every time I see that you have posted I get all excited, your symptoms are so good, I really hope this IS your bfp

A bit of hope for you, my aunt and uncle tried for 15 years to conceive and tried everything except IVF, then agreed to do IVF and the month before they were due to do it my aunt fell pregnant

:test:

People find baby's heartbeat with dopplers from about 8 weeks onwards but I have an anterior placenta so with the placenta being on the outside, between my belly and the baby I couldn't pick him up until about 12 weeks

HH, I just got chills. I hope you get your miracle BFP!

I am of two minds with the Doppler. What if you couldn't find the heartbeat for some random reason (baby moved, placenta in the way, machine was faulty). That would be too scary for words. But I haven't had a miscarriage, so I don't know how you must all feel.

That is the only thing melly, I was lucky enough to have a couple of scans before I got my 12 week scan, so even though I couldn't find him on the Doppler I was happy that everything was ok. Now he's easy to find so it's nice to check every few days until I feel movement or have my next scan :)

HH I see you are back online, with an update hopefully ;) haha xx

HH - I have my fingers crossed for you!::flower: Can't wait to get some more good news on here!

No news from me, still waiting for AF. Hoping it comes soon so I can get trying but would love for my body to increase its luteal phase so also hoping it stays away a bit longer. 8dpo today and no sign yet. I normally start spotting around 9-10dpo so I gues I'll see over the next few days....

Had a bit of spotting late last night...AF must be on its way. On well! Was nice fantasising about a bfp!

HH - that's a bummer. I am still hopeful that AF will stay away for you though!

Mrs. Duck - thanks for the info. Maybe after tomorrow's scan I will look into one. Although I am nervous that I won't find a heartbeat and will freak myself out.

Hilso - hope things get back on track for you soon.

Melly - two months away from ttc!!!

AF is here meaning LP was even shorter - only 8 days :nope:
One tube and a LPD - not looking too good!!!

ItsAWonder - you're an olive!!!! Enjoy your scan tomorrow. Can't wait to see some scan pics. Please try not to worry impossible I know) but remember that the odds are in your favour. x

HH - I hope the spotting stops and the bfp starts. If not, I'd love to have you as a cycle buddy :flower:

Hilslo I hope your cycle length is just due to your op and your cycle will be back to normal soon. I know my body took a couple of months before I was back to normal.

Itsawonder I can't wait to see your scan pic tomorrow

HH I'm sorry about the spotting, I hope it hasn't developed into anything more

Buttrfly how are you?

Melly are you not tempted to start ttc early?

hilslo, I'm sorry. Grrrrrr! Is there anything you can do to lengthen your luteal phase if it stays short for the next few months? Is that what people use Vitex for?

MrsDuck - I just started my new job last month, and there's a 12 month waiting period for maternity leave benefits to kick in (which, in the US, 'benefits' means 12 weeks unpaid, sigh), so I'm very tempted, but we have a built-in limit!

Also, this fruit thing is awesome - you're an olive!

Hey Melly - California has state laws regarding maternity leave that give more protection and rights than the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. You may be eligible for 55% of your salary for the first 6 weeks per PFL - California Paid Family Leave. Should any complications arise, pregnancy related temporary disability, you are eligible for 4 months leave after your 12 weeks. You can find most of this on google, or talk to a family planning center as they are usually up to date on your local rights. Where I live we don't have squat but FMLA. My company is too small to be covered by any maternity leave. Luckily my boss will still give me 12 weeks unpaid but if he wants to hire someone else he can. (I don't think he will as he always tells me he can't do w/out me but, you never know.)

Thanks ladies but AF has officially arrived. Feel ok about it though. Next month when AF starts I start ivf again! So I have that to look forward to.

Good luck with the scan itsawonder!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->