Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

And it won't be long til you are ttc too melly :)

Yes, as of next week it's only two months away! Not that I'm counting. :haha:

Melly - that is so exciting! I do hope everything happens for you quickly and easily and I can't wait to watch your progress!

I had my appointment today. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new doc (this is the second time I've seen him). His wife has the same condition I have (PCOS) and they have 6 kids, which gives me a lot of hope. He thinks I ovulated late, probably on day 23. He also told me that sometimes with women who have PCOS, your hormones can get fouled up around ovulation and they can cause a positive on a pregnancy test. I knew that you can get a positive OPK when you're pregnant but had never heard the opposite before... still, it fits, sore boobs, moody, crampy. He also thinks I may have not gotten my period yet because my luteal phase is lengthening (which is a good thing, it was a very short 10-11 days before) but that I should get it soon. He's thrilled with my chart (thanks for the suggestion, Jess, it was so good to have them printed!) and has high hopes for me... another appointment in three months if I don't have a prenatal appointment first. Fingers crossed!

Yay for a great appointment and a GREAT doctor!! That must be a load off.

Aw I'm glad you like your new dr. Your bfp is just around the corner :)

Glad to hear you like your new doc - it makes a world of difference. Hope to see that BFP soon.

Gosh it's getting exciting flou and itsawonder! Great news on the scan itsawonder, do happy for you. Flou I know it must be so scary while u r waiting for week 12, if I ever get pregnant again I'm going to be petrified about having another mc. May even go for extra private scans for piece of mind.

How are the rest of you all?

My ivf start date is dec 4th - if I get AF on dec 3rd. If AF doesn't arrive till dec6th then I have to wait till jan because of Christmas closing dates :(

Highhopes, I hope the witch doesn't show at all, but if she does I hope it's early so that you can start your IVF in December :)

Happy thanksgiving to all who celebrate! I will catch up on here soon :)

I hope all of you in the US are having a lovely thanksgiving.

Good luck highhopes with the IVF. If the witch shows i hope she shows promptly so you don't have to wait.

Everything so far is going well with me even if im still petrified that its all going to end. I'm excited and scared at the same time. I've got an appointment with my GP on Monday. The pg hormones are playing havoc with my digestive system. They did last time but im happy to suffer if it leads to a healthy little one.

How's everyone else doing?

Flou - hope your digestive tract feels better soon but at least not feeling well can be reassuring.

HH - I will cross all of my fingers and toes in the hope that you get AF on Dec. 3 and not the 6th!

Mrs. Duck - thanks :)

AFM - had a great breakfast of leftover stuffing and sweet potatoes and now need to eat fruits and veggies for a week to counteract all of the Thanksgiving goodness. (Although it's Chanukah too so might throw in some potato latkes...) Finally able to exercise again so went Nordic skiing the past two days and will try to go again today.

Hope all those who celebrate had a nice holiday.

Cntrygrl I've always wanted to do something hr relayed ( actually DH as well) but we just don't have the degrees for it. How are you doing in your cycle?

Itsawonder so glad everything went well with your appt and you are feeling good about it. You celebrate Hanukkah as well? I do too..I can't believe it was so early this year. DH celebrates both so it is nice. I'm kinda bumming about AF but what can i do except keep going.

Flou how are you feeling? I think your appt is today..look forward to hearing about it!

Callmeal so glad you like your new do for and got some answers! Did AF show yet?

Highhopes days are passing quick. I really hope you don't get AF, but if you do it is earlier so you can do IVF very soon!

Melly count down!! February is just around the corner.

How are you feeling mrsduck?

Is hilslo still here? I just realized there was someone missing.

CD 12 for me today so starting BDing schedule...we kinda started early but not really concentrating on ttc when legs up and all that fun stuff :) here's hoping

Buttrfly-- My chart is showing that I haven't ovulated yet. I'm CD19, but this happened the last time I had an HSG performed as well. I didn't ovulate til CD24 last time. Happy Hanukkah to you.

I know it sounds totally weird, but have lots of fun sex, Buttrfly! :haha:

Actually in general everyone should be having lots of fun sex ;)

It's December!

Buttrfly fxd you catch the egg this month.

Cntrygrl i hope you O soon and also catch the egg. Fxd!

AFM my doc appt was cancelled. But i spoke to the receptionist and they have rescheduled it for a fortnight but i have also filled out a form requesting an appt with the midwife. So i should hear soon of an appt with the midwife which is normally about week 8. I'm a bit gutted that i didn't get to see the doc. I just wanted some reassurance even though ive got no real concerns at the mo. Ive gone past the time when i had my mc. My symptoms seemed to ease off over the weekend and as soon as im back at work they come back. I'm not being sick which im grateful of but im feeling nauseous. Feels a bit like a hangover without having had the drunk part!

How's everyone else been?

Oh I can relate to the drunk feeling without drinking haha what a bummer your appointment got rescheduled flou :(

Melly you sound really chirpy, you are obviously having lots of fun sex haha ;)

Cntrygrl keep :sex:

Buttrfly keep :sex: too, so you'll be getting a bfp very close to Christmas yay

Itsawonder enjoy your skiing, I'd be too scared I'd fall awkwardly

Callmeal and highhopes, any developments?

Hilslo I hope all is good with you

Afm I'm just wishing the days away, my gender scan is on the 10 so not long now yay

I wouldn't worry about skiing, especially relatively early - everything is well padded in there! And nordic skiing is the flat stuff.

That's frustrating about your appointment flou, but it must definitely be relieving to already made it past where you were last time. :hugs:

Flou - that's frustrating. I hope the time passes quickly for you until your appointment.

Got my maternal fetal DNA results back and all is good. Negative for all chromosome abnormalities. They know the sex but we are going to wait (or try to wait) until delivery. Right now I actually don't want to know but that may change

Next scan on Thursday.

Re: skiing - I live where there is a 9 month winter. Most years I ski the backcountry. The resort is also 1 mile from me and is known for extreme terrain so I hit that often as well. Work shuts down on powder days so 70-100 days of skiing a year is normal. The only reason I am not alpine and telemark skiing is that, if I do fall, the falls are hard, long with trees and cliffs in the way. Many still ski pregnant but I would never forgive myself if it caused me to loose my babe. Nordic here still has a lot of up and down but consequences are very low. A fall is just a fall to the side or on my butt. (Not planning on falling at all this winter though.) It actually felt great. Went 4 days in a row and will try to go after work today too with a headlight. I've been on skies since I was 9. I am actually more comfortable on skies in big terrain than hiking in the summer on my feet. Weird, I know....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->