Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

Buttrfly-- I can't believe all the snow we've been getting. It reminds me of when I was little. We have the potential for 7+ inches. What are you guys supposed to get?

Good luck to all those on the east coast. My family lives up and down the coast and it sounds like it's been a hard winter. Since I live in a ski resort town there is such a different view. Snow means tourism, financial security and endless days of fun. We have received 7 feet of snow in the last two weeks and I can't ski this year!!!! Still loving it though.

Well, I have been waiting a long time to say this.... it's V-Day!!!!! Never thought I would make it to this point and am very, very excited. A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

As for all of you lovely ladies. I can't wait to see some more good news hit this group. I feel it coming....

Yay V-Day!!!! That's wonderful, you must be so happy. :hugs:

I just finished my period yesterday, CD7, getting excited!

Congrats itsawonder! I can't wait to get to v day, feels like its ages away!

Yay melly! Good luck for this month!

Melly - that's so exciting! Better start bd'ing soon!!!

HH - it's going to come so much faster than you think. 2nd tri is going much faster than first did. How are you feeling?

Whoo hoo for v day itsawonder :happydance:

Highhopes you'll soon be there the second tri flies by :)

Thank you for all your help mrsduck!

Yay congrats hilslo! I understand avoiding the boards. Did you do anything different when you got your BFP?

Thanks ladies- still in denial that bfp might mean baby!

Butterfly - I got prescribed progesterone but used the same tactics as previously - bding everyday for 5 days leading up to o, legs up by my chest for an hour (or as long as I could bear!) and lots of pre-seed!!!

I've got my nuchal scan next week when I'll be 11w2d. Probably a bit earlier than ideal but they've said if they think it's too early they'll just invite me back. First pregnancy I was really nervous for nuchal scan, this time I'm terrified. Even though I've seen bubs 3 times I'm still can't shake the bad feeling!

Flou - hope you get better soon hon. Nothing like a bad cold to make you feel horrible. Standing up in front of a class to teach must be the last thing you feel like! X

Hopefully you'll start to relax after the nuchal scan. :hugs:

Itsawonder - huge congratulations on hitting v- day!!!! A huge milestone :)

I'm sure all will be fine at your scan hilslo and you can relax a little. Do you get pics? :)

Hislo good luck with the scan!

Congratulations itsawonder for v-day! Yay!

Melly get bding!

Cntrygrl the snow really has been crazy! Forecasted amounts are 10-20 inches..shows how much they know! Either way it is already bad out. I called out from work because last time the highway closed and I don't want to be stuck.

Congrats itsawonder on vday!!! What a great feeling is must be. 7 feet of snow?! Where do you live again?

Melly yay for AF being gone...get to BDing ;)

Highhopes you will be to vday before you know it! Hope you are feeling well!

Hilslo when is your scan? Good luck..I'm sure all will be well but I understand nervousness!

How are you doing mrsduck?

How is your cycle going flou? We may be ovulating around the same time I am guessing.

Callmeal hope you are being safe in the weather!

No positive opk for me yet! Makes sense since my average cycle was around 33 or so days. Hopefully have a positive by Sunday or else I am out of tests!

It sounds as if we are having bad weather both sides of the Atlantic. To those of you with snow storms in the US stay safe and warm. We have got loads of flooding here in the UK. Luckily where I live its not too bad, just very wet when it rains. I hope no one here is affected by the flooding.

buttrfly I hope you get that positive opk soon and catch the egg. The earliest I'm likely to O is Sunday but could be as late as Wednesday. We haven't started bding due to me feeling unwell but my voice is returning now so I am hoping we will start bding at the weekend and hopefully catch that egg.

I've started taking vitamin b complex. I was doing some research on the internet which sometimes isn't all that reliable but I thought I would give it a try. Apparently increasing your vitB intake can help prevent blood clots in the endometrium lining which can cause mcs. I don't know if this is my problem but we do have blood clotting issues in my family. My mum's dad died when a blood clot went to his lungs and he had this due to pernicious anaemia caused by lack of b12. My cousin (also from mums side) has Endo and mum had troubles conceiving me and always produced huge blood clots when she had AF until she had children. Ive also read b6 helps build a healthy lining. Its water soluble so I think i will just pee out what i don't need. Anyone else tried vitamin b complex? Also now getting slightly more folic acid. I must be brimming in that the length of time i feel ive been taking it!

Thanks flou! I'm hoping for you as well! I asked my doc about vit b because I heard good stuff about it related to fertility and other things like mood and mental clarity. My doc feels as though it may mess with my cycle. She did say once pregnant she recommends for nausea. I don't know if that is true or not. Best of luck with it and hopefully it does the trick!
I started eating more berries for fertility. I guess every bit helps.

Yeah, I think any of these healthy things that we do are ultimately beneficial, even if they don't directly impact our fertility.

The weather has been gorgeous in southern California. :icecream:

Hilso - good luck with your scan. The nuchal scan was the first time I was able to relax about this pregnancy. After that we began to tell people and then it all felt real and I was able to smile. I hope the same happens for you.

Buttrfly - I am in the mountains of Colorado, at about 9,000 ft elevation.

flou - I never tried Vit. B but I tested negative for blood clotting disorders. My doc did say that usually it runs in the family. Honestly, you are probably a good candidate for Aspirin and Heparin shots. I forget, have you been tested yet for blood clotting disorders?

Oh yeah I've heard of people taking aspirin. The things we do!

My doctor currently has me taking a baby aspirin along with my prenatal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->