Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

Even at 9:00 at night?

Hi hilslo!! I see your name down there I hope everything is going well!

Hello - just stalking lol! Really happy to see some bfps rolling in!

I got mine on dec 28th. Had 3 scans so far and, fingers crossed, things seem to be going well.

I've been avoiding boards, trying to forget all things pregnancy related but not doing too well as I still think about it 24hrs a day! Xx

Well the LH builds in your urine through the day so the early morning will be too concentrated from nighttime full bladder and so will be showing positive even when it isn't, so I'd say even at 9pm the evening test will be more accurate if there wasn't another option during the day

Hi hilslo congratulations, I'm still petrified too and in the home stretch so I know how you feel. Try and stay positive :)

Thank you for all your help mrsduck!

Yay congrats hilslo! I understand avoiding the boards. Did you do anything different when you got your BFP?

You're welcome. I see you are cd12 already, I O cd14 and you need the :spermy: ready and waiting, go drag hubby to bed :sex:

Haha he is at work..darn retail job. We BDed last night and will tonight again just in case because it is still early. I have been Oing later because my cycles have been later. Last time was probably around CD 17. I always pray that I O around when he doesn't have to work until late because my eyes don't stay open long enough. Sometimes he gets home after 10.

Haha, sounds like you have your bases covered though ;)

Congrats hislo! I hope you have a h&h pregnancy. Try and stay positive.

buttrfly good luck with using the OPKs. Ive never used them because personally i think i would put too much pressure on myself. But i do know many women find them useful and get pg using them. Fxd for you this cycle!

Melly how's ttc going? When are you due to O?

AFM i have spent the weekend in bed but not in a baby making way. Ive had a stressful week last week because we had school inspectors in and then on Friday i was feeling really run down and lost my voice. I have had horrible chills and my body aches like crazy. My throat is better but i still feel exhausted. I'm not sure whether its stress or a virus but i hope i am on the road to recovery. I have got just over a week until I O so I must get better soon! One week tomorrow until my appointment with the FS and hopefully get the results of my blood tests.

Flou - sorry you are sick. Hope you feel better soon and good luck with your FS.

Buttrfly - just like cycles are different for everyone, ovulation is as well. Many women get surges early afternoon - around 1:00 or so. I, however, got surges at about midnight. For me, the best time to test was first thing in the AM and I never had a false test. You will have to play around a bit to see when your surges come. To figure it all out I tested first thing in the AM and sometime at night until I knew my cycle, then switched to just testing in the AM. I always had 2 days of positive tests and ovulated on my first day of negative test after the positives. Again, your pattern may be different. Tempting helped me to track the exact time of ovulation.
Good luck!

Mrs. Duck - Yes - sleeping is so uncomfortable! My hips hurt every night so between waking up to roll over, pee and deal with my cat who wants to sleep under the covers, I barely sleep anymore. Lately I have been propping 3 pillow behind my back so I fall asleep sitting partially upright and lay down halfway through the night.

Hilso - Congrats!!! H&H 9 months!! I understand your fear but believe all will be okay.

Melly - haven't taken a single bump pic and will probably wait until sometime in 3rd tri. How is ttc going?

Flou I'm sorry you are ill, I hope you feel better soon

Itsawonder I'm the same, hubby says there won't be room in bed for him soon, it's my hips too and I get really bad cramps in my calfs during the night and I'm suffering from restless legs, I've currently got 4 pillows and a v pillow in bed, my due date can't now come quick enough. During the day I have no problems at all and I love being pregnant but I hate night time and trying to sleep :(

I'm on CD5 so TTC is going as well as could be expected! :haha: flou, I don't really know when I'll ovulate yet, since this is my first cycle in 12 years off of birth control, so we're going to start having sex from CD10 onwards and I'll keep an eye out for any symptoms of ovulation. We're not temping for the first few months at least.

Yup - Hubby has slept on the couch 3 nights already. Wish we had a king size bed instead of a queen but our room isn't big enough. Feel terrible for him but he is being so kind about it. He even bought me a massage yesterday and said he will do it again as I was so sore. It's all worth it in the end!

Can't believe you are 29 weeks!! Your babe will be here before you know it!

It will definitely all be worth it when she arrives :) aw that was nice of hubby. I've been given a couple of mummy to be spa package days which I'm waiting until I'm on mat leave to use, I can't wait :)

Melly, sounds like you are having a blast :)

I just read back a page or two and can't believe i missed it the first time - YAAAAAAAAYY hilslo!!! Congratulations :D That's wonderful news. What's your due date? Have you had a scan yet?

My cold has got worse probably my own fault for going to work when I shouldn't have. I have now lost my voice completely which is a massive problem when your a teacher! I can tell I am getting towards the time of O. Could happen anytime between Sunday and start of next week so really hoping I'm better so we can get bding! I don't really feel in the mood at the mo but i don't want to miss my chance this month.

buttrfly hows it going with the opks? Have you had O yet?

I hope everyone else is having a better week than me.

HH, ha, I didn't even notice! :haha:

flou, try to rest as much as you can. :( I had to take a couple of days off with my bad cold two weeks ago, and I think it helped.

Flou thank you. I wasn't doing OPKs because of pressure so we will see how this goes this month. At least it may give me an idea of when I ovulate and when to stop BDing. No positive yet for me but it is still early based on my cycles. I'm hoping for fri or sat as that would be easiest with schedules. My last test is Sunday so I am def hoping I get something by then! Sorry you are not feeling well. I hope you get your needed answers at the FS!

Itsawonder thanks for the pointers. I decided to go for the am as it was less stressful. I really can't see myself temping because I get up in middle of the night to pee and get up at different times. Plus I'm a breather and I heard it can be off that way? How are you feeling?

Hope everyone else is feeling well!
Big snow storm for us tomorrow and I am guessing for the other ny ladies tomorrow as well? Stay safe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->