Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

Yay melly I like your ticker!

Callmeal I'm so sorry you are still in limbo. Is the doctor going to do anything? I don't remember which day you said they would have you come in.

My job actually closed today..I think I saw pigs fly!! It is really bad out. And yeah I heard about another one Sunday. I wish we had snow days normally. I'm done with this weather!

Glad to hear about betas cntrygrl! Do you have your first scan date?

Me and doc are playing phone tag about blood tests. Hope to hear back soon.

No scan date yet. I'm going to make sure to ask on Friday.

Doc just called and blood tests look good. She said to call after DH does his analysis. Disappointed he couldn't today but what can we do with this weather.

Well that's promising so far! So maybe tomorrow the analysis will be done? Did she give a time frame?

I guess it depends on the weather, from re-reading?

Issue is more DH's schedule at this point. He has to go during hours of 8am-2pm and next day off he has is during my fertile time ( has to abstain 3 days before analysis). So he may have to do it at the end of this month or beginning of next month after my fertile time is over :) I have no patience but we don't really have a choice. Once he does that my doc said to call her 3-4 days later so we can discuss.

Ah okay. Yeah I would wait until the end of the month as well. But I understand the impatience! I'm one day in and I'm all like WHEN DOES STUFF HAPPEN?!

Buttrfly - glad to hear initial test was good but bummer about the timing of DH's analysis. I would do the same though, wait until after the fertile time to test. Good luck!

Melly - the waiting game has just begun! Hang in there, you will find your routine.

Well, thanks. Baby has been wriggling away all day today. Look more like a watermelon than a grapefruit but it's fun. Can't believe, once my belly started growing, how quick it kept on (and keeps on) growing.

I'm With you on that itsawonder. How are you finding sleeping? I find it uncomfortable

Hi ladies quick question about OPKs. Went to target with a friend and she talked me into buying one at least for this month. I got first response. Wanted to get clear blue but it was 29.99 and I was being cheap first time around. What time is best to test? I would have to do early morning or later at night for my schedule. Also once I get that surge how long is it supposed to last? Gonna give it a go this cycle and see if it works with or nerves and schedule. I am on cd 11 and there are 7 tests... Any thoughts on when to start? I have never ovulated this early.

Thanks in advance for help and I will catch up soon! Have to make dinner, clean and get to bd time!

I have no experience sorry but I'm sure you'll find other people around here do. I hope they're informative!

Buttrfly-- I temped and did OPK's. You normally start OPKing around day 10 and then continue until you get your surge. After you get your surge it's normally 24-48 hours. You do want to have sex before your surge so that some of the swimmers are there waiting for the egg. Good Luck

Also an early morning test isn't recommended with opks as it gives false reading levels (over sensitised they call it) can you take it to work, late morning and then again early evening if you can

https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/positiveresults.html

Unfortunately taking to work is a no go. I share a bathroom with clients plus we have like zero time for bathroom so wouldn't work out well.
I would have to do before work or after. Do they day to hold your pee like pregnancy tests?

So now I am getting nervous about even using them which is why me didn't what to try in the first place. I have 7 tests. I will hopefully start using tomorrow. So my question for the ladies who may know what is the best time for once a day when I can do at home. I leave around 10:30 or so mon and tues and get home around 9 ( tomorrow dentist ugh so leaving around 8:45. I could maybe try to pass home before going home though it would be around 10:30 is my guess). Rest of days I leave around 7:15 and get home around 5:30. Any timing suggestions would be great. Sorry for tmi but I also tend to have a shy bladder which makes things much worse. Having a feeling this may be a one month deal.
Thanks again.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Exciting that melly has joined us!
Sorry you ladies are uncomfortable with your bumps.
How are you feeling cntrygrl and highhopes?

Hope you are hanging in there callmeal and the doc will help soon!

Flou hoping you and I can make our valentines babies :)

What about peeing in a specimen container lunchtime and using it to test with when you get home? If not I'd say it will be more accurate when you get home than in the morning before you leave

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->