Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

We changed our minds once it was twins. :lol: I already got my 'surprise' thankyouverymuch!! :lol:

Congratulations buttrfly! Wishing you a h&h 9 months. Thats excellent news.

I have attached my scan pic from last week. My next one is on the 3rd November and we are hoping to find out the gender. I've waited long enough for my little one, I want to know what I am having! I hope everyone is well.

Attachments

• Scan image.jpg
    Scan image.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 6
Awwww little bean! Hello!!! Are you going to make a ticker flou? I keep losing track of how far along you are!

Aw flou thanks for sharing <3 she's got her hand on the crucial bit of her head that gives a clue to boy or girl, but I'm going girl :)

Yay flou, lovely picture! I agree with the need for a ticker :)'how are you feeling? Have you told friends and family?

Good luck at your appointment today melly!

Hope all the little ones are doing well!

Thanks for the congrats ladies :)
First ultrasound is 9/29 then I have two more after that with my RE until I'm discharged from there then have my first appointment with obgyn end of October.
Hard to know how things are going until that ultrasound!

Yay! That's only a week away. I hope you get some solid symptoms in the meantime.

Good luck for the scan buttrfly. I know its nerve racking especially when you have been through so much but I am sure everything will be fine.

I'm glad the yucky stage of the first trimester is over. I'm still feeling very tired, waiting for the apparent new energy. But then I am really busy which isn't helping the energy levels.

We've told all our family, friends and my close work colleagues and my boss. I haven't told other colleagues but I'm no longer hiding it. I'm just not one for big announcements. I'm a teacher and I'm waiting to see how long it takes for my pupils to notice. Teaching reproduction and pregnancy to Year 7 in November could be interesting. I've got a definite growing bump. I bought my first lot of maternity clothes and I'm definitely showing now and I'm only 14 half weeks! But i am quite a slim build. I think all my students think I've eaten alot of doughnuts!

Buttrfly how are you feeling? Did you have your scan?

I have just had my 16 week midwife appointment and all went well. We heard little ones heartbeat. Midwife spoke to me about birth, antenatal classes and relaxation classes. For some reason it all started to feel a bit real. That I might actually have to give birth! I know that sounds crazy. I definitely look pregnant and I've seen bub twice but for some reason speaking today it suddenly felt really real! I hope everyone else is well.

Yay for a good appointment. I am still waiting for it to feel 'real'. :lol: Maybe when we're in the car on the way home from the hospital?

Yay flou great news about the appointment! Completely understand it not feeling real. How are you feeling?
Sorry been a huge slacker with forums. Had my scan Monday and it's twins! I feel like it's contagious on this thread ;) I'm now 6 weeks 1 day. next scan is 10/10 when we will see the heartbeats.
Melly I forgot to ask when you started showing. I know you started earlier . I've heard it can go either way with twins.

I was definitely showing by 12 weeks, because people were starting to ask pretty direct questions (we hadn't announced yet!). I felt 'big' from like 8 weeks, but that was mostly bloating. :lol:

If you can excuse my undies, here is my 11+5 week 'bump'.

Attachments

• 11wk5daybump.jpg
    11wk5daybump.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 3
Yay for a good appointment flou, it suddenly felt real for me after the gender scan.

Whoo hoo buttrfly for yet more twins :)

Lovely bump melly wow can't believe that's 11+5, do you have a current one for comparison?

I always had a feeling I'd have twins and I didn't, but now nearly all of you have had or are having twins I'm scared to get pregnant again in case it's catching haha and my 'thought' comes true ;)

Yay for twins buttrfly! That's lovely news. And yes it does seem to be catching! I'm sure this is some statistical anomaly. Even with one baby I was showing at about 10/11 weeks for people to think I was probably pregnant.

Melly that is a big bump for 11+5 but there are two in there. How's the bump feeling now? As im on my feet alot at work I find my bump aches around where my waist is (or should I say was!) And people think im not even that big for 16 weeks. I think I'm going to have growth spurt soon tho. Keep eating, as im hungry all the time and I have had some painful round ligament pain.

How are all the lovely rainbow babies doing?

Yeah it feels almost bruised around the waist line, tender to touch, which I guess is all the muscles/ligaments stretching.

Here's my growth over the last week, that I took yesterday for comparison, I've had another pop!

Attachments

• 18+1bump.jpg
    18+1bump.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 19+1bump.jpg
    19+1bump.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 3
Buttrfly what fab news, another set of twins yay!

Melly that is a beautiful bump...enjoy being pregnant. I was showing from around 8 weeks onwards.

Flou I didn't believe it was real until I heard the second twin cry as she was born! I kept expecting it to go wrong even at the very end.

How are l the babies doing? Mrs duck and itsawonder hope all is good with you.

AFM life with twins is craaaaazy! I'm so busy I don't have time to brush my teeth sometimes till midday. Gross I know! I'm loving it though &#55357;&#56835; being a mum is great. Dreading the time when I have to go back to work. I'm also mildly freaked about losing weight...got a long way to go. I had my 6 week check yesterday so I can finally start exercising. I drove my car yesterday after 2 months of boot driving (crazy big twin bump and then c section so wasn't allowed) felt so liberating!!!

My twins are heading into the 6 week growth spurt so I'm just bracing myself for that at the mo &#55357;&#56883;

I had 3 miscarriages, and the whole time during my fourth pregnancy I was praying to just reach 27 weeks because at that point the baby could survive outside the womb. Also, one thing I did that kept my nerves calm was invest in a home ultrasound to hear the heartbeat. Whenever I didn't feel much movement, I did it and was relieved. Also, at 25 weeks get a 3d ultrasound. Its cute and you get to see your little bug moving around and doing its thing.

It definitely keeps you going.

I read a few of the posts on here and I noticed that a couple of you have had problems with MC and are now pregnant with a healthy baby. My husband and I got pregnant in June after 4 months of ttc which was a wonderful surprise and blessing. Well I mc'd at 5 1/2 weeks naturally and we got past that and started ttc again after I had my first AF after the mc. We got pregnant again in September, but I just started to mc yet again on October 2nd at approx 6 weeks. I am devastated and I cannot believe this is happening to us again and only 3 months after the last one. I have done everything I can to make sure I'm doing everything right and not doing anything that would cause problems and yet here I am going through another mc. I'm 31 and my husband is almost 33. We do not have any children and we have been trying for our first and it obviously hasn't been going real well for us. I'm so scared that we will never be able to have a child. I'm going in this afternoon for a follow up/check up with my doctor and I'm going to ask him why this is happening? I know sometimes there isn't a particular reason, just crappy odds, but if there is something we need to do I want to do that before we even begin to try again. I couldn't imagine going through this a 3rd time. Once was hard enough and the 2nd one is even worse. I am curious what your experiences have been with having more than one miscarriage and what if anything was the reasons behind it and if you have a success story of a healthy pregnancy/baby I would love to hear those to hopefully help my outlook on this horrible time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->