• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

Ruby having her lunch yesterday :)

Attachments

• P1020682 - Copy (2).jpg
    P1020682 - Copy (2).jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 6
She is beautiful!! Love that smile! Thanks for posting the picture.

Rivkah does not use a dummy (dummy is a pacifier, right?). We tried but she never took it. She won't take a bottle either. However, she does suck her thumb and that is how she soothes herself to sleep during the night.

Aw thanks, yes she is such a smiley baby :)

Yes a dummy is a pacifier. Ruby won't drink out of a bottle or take a pacifier either, she's getting quite good at drinking out of a glass though. Ruby doesn't suck her thumb but she does clasp her hands together and suck the back of her hand to go to sleep. Is Rivkah's hand eye coordination good? Ruby's is excellent and we put it down to her not having a pacifier and so puts everything else to her mouth, she is really good at using a spoon to eat with already and also copying mummy with her toothbrush (not that she's got teeth but she brushes her gums) I bet Rivkah is the same :)

Shame you can't post videos on here :(

I wish she would have taken a pacifier.. We sure did try!

She is just starting to get better hand/eye coordination but she's still in the stage where she really wants to do things but her body won't yet let her. It must be so frustrating. In the past two weeks she has gotten much better about getting things into her mouth on the first try rather than fighting it.

Funny girl - she figured out how to roll from her belly to her back a number of weeks ago. Once she could easily do it she stopped. It's like she learns something and is then bored of it. Now she would rather stay in tummy time. The other day she began to work on rolling from her back to tummy so we will see how long she actually does it and if she gives up after.

No mimicking yet.

Haha it's funny how different babies are, ruby absolutely hates being on her tummy, she just rolls straight back onto her back if put down on her tummy. I don't think she will crawl, she'll wait to walk haha

Does Rivkah have a jumperoo? It is the best thing we've bought Ruby, she absolutely loves it, I can highly recommend getting one if you haven't already. She's got a walker which she thinks is ok but she can't get enough of bouncing in her jumperoo

She has one of those exersaucer jumper combos but it overwhelms her and she doesn't jump in it. She just plays with the toys for 5-10 minutes and then cries. I want to get her a door frame jumparoo. She tried one at a friends and really liked it.

Hi ladies, just a quick update. We had our 20 week scan and all was well and healthy. Which was such a relief. And we found out we are having a boy! I have attached my scan pic. How is everyone?

Attachments

• scan20.jpg
    scan20.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 5
Awwwwwww hey little buddy!!

Wow flou, 20 weeks! That's flying by (from this side of the monitor :lol: )

OMG are you 20 weeks already?!! Congratulations on having a boy :) I love the scan pic :)

Thanks ladies. In some ways for me to the time has flown but in other ways it drags. Especially at the moment. Last few nights I've been sick in the night and I am currently surviving on only about 4 hours a sleep a night. I've taken today off sick to try and get some rest. Not ideal but I hope this passes soon. I went through a similar period like this at 14 weeks which lasted a couple of days.

It's your body preparing you for no sleep once baby arrives haha ;)
No seriously I hope you feel better soon :)

Four hours sleep! Oof, that sounds tough.

Here are my little ones' profile pics from my scan two days ago. They are both labelled Baby A, but one of them is Baby B and I don't know which one. :lol:

Attachments

• 24weekprofile1.jpg
    24weekprofile1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 24weekprofile2.jpg
    24weekprofile2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 2
Lovely scan pics Melly!

Good news from my end I managed to get a decent nights sleep last night! Yay! I did however eat breakfast and then brought it back up again. Not so good but I will take the good night sleep.

Sorry for the sickness flou but yay for a good nights sleep :)

Flou and Melly - I love the pics!!!! They look so healthy :)

Sorry you are sick Flou but glad you got a good night's rest. I had insomnia for most of the pregnancy but as Mrs. Duck said - it helped me prepare for sleepless nights. Now if I get 4-5 hours in one block I feel so well rested that I can't sleep any longer!

Haha itsawonder me too, the things we get used to hey

Sorry I've been AWOL ladies...life with twins is keeping me very busy! They are 12 weeks old today, how time flies! It's so lovely when they get to the stage where they are more active and responding a lot more. All the tiredness just melts away when I lie the twins next to each other and they grin up at me! I'm finding it hard getting to baby groups as I don't know how I would manage two babies on my own, can't hold them both at the same time. I do go to a twins group every week which is fab. Also been going out for lots of walks but now the weather has turned I may become quite house-bound...or will have to go to shopping centres for indoor walks!

Hope all of you are well - babies, bumps and mums.

That's so wonderful to hear, HH. I can't wait until they're both out and smiling at me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->