over 35 TTC #1. anyone? beuller?

Don't be sorry! Have you seen how long some of my posts are? Lol
Yeah, I happen to have a good family who makes a nice fuss,but there aren't many of them. On my mother's side I only have one cousin, and she's an adult with severe autism, OCD, and tourettes Syndrome. But its OK. DHs family is distant. They don't talk to each other real often. Idk when is the last time he talked to his sister. My friends family has always sucked. They sucked back when we were in college. I tried to explain to our friends and they thought I was just being mean. She loves her family and thinks they're the best. They are not. Our friends invited them to her shower. Her mom and sister are not even going. It's like twenty minutes from their houses. They don't have to do anything but buy a gift and come drink tea and have a snack. And that's too much bother for them. My mom would have called to help plan and cook!
A fertility food website sounds really cool to me! What's the deal with chickpeas? I know caffeine and alcohol can cause an issue. I don't eat sushi or fish of any kind anyway, so I won't have any mercury poisoning to worry about! I didn't know foods could help with fertility. I feel dumb. Lol
I am definitely glad you mentioned the saliva thing. How strange. I guess it makes sense. It's the first thing that starts digesting food and breaking down proteins. Never thought about it.
Seriously, after buying the lingerie for my friend, I got on amazon and added about a million little nighties to my wish list. Maybe DH will buy me some. They're fun. And seeing his face when I wear them helps me get in the mood! I should just wearcthem everyday! Ha-ha!

That's so true about the lingerie. I need to up my game! (after I get back in shape. btw, have you ever used one of those cellulite machines from Sephora? My best friend has one and it got stuck to my ass and we were screaming. Lol. I guess I can't take shortcuts). I need to up my game in general. I have some nice clothes and I don't wear them half the time. DH said I was starting to look like Sarah Silverman lol. Not to knock Sarah, but yeah I have a retro Adidas tee, slip on Vans, and boyfriend jeans (which are now skinny jeans bc I gained weight haha) on right now. I'm trying out for Nirvana tonight. Oh, I walked out the door for Pilates today in terrible workout clothes, zero cover up on zits, and frizzy dirty hair. Before I left I thought that I should really always look good - you never know when you'll run into an ex or your nemesis. And then they videotaped me in the class and put it on fb! I'm afraid to look.

That is disgusting that her mom and sis are only 20 min away. They should be throwing the entire thing! I'm glad she still likes them, but I hope it isn't one of those things where you get used to be treated like garbage and think it's normal. That happened to me, such a classic lifetime movie-esque scenario. A psycho abusive mother and then married an abusive man and recreated my childhood home. I left though in the middle of the night with my dog. It was like a milder Sleeping With the Enemy situation.

Haha you're not dumb. I didn't know any of this until I got on this site and the ttc panic set in. I don't know why chickpeas are good. I can't even remember what else was on the list. I probably was already eating it or hated it and wouldn't bother. I'm drinking decaf right now. I feel like I'll be even more stressed and worse off if I don't get some caffeine. Have you guys heard of them saying pregnant women shouldn't garden? I guess you can breathe in cat crap and get some infection you won't know about, but that will kill a fetus? I'll take my chances. Gardening is one of my only zen moments.

Girl I am overweight. Total fat girl, here, but DH is a fan. And when he gets excited about the way I look, it helps me.
Your outfit sounds about perfect for a nirvana tryout! Lol. I am a jeans and T-shirt girl most of the time. DH loves it when I dress better. He likes it when I look girly. I'm just too lazy for it alot of the time. Lol.
I've not heard about this cellulite machine but I'm curious now. And I have this super funny mental image of a lady in an adidas T-shirt with a vacuum cleaner hose stuck to her butt. That is what my brain could manage with no idea what you or the machine look like! Lol. I am a fan of sephora in general. I need to look into this so I know what you're talking about!
My friend has been married before. Sort of like you described. Her family always controlled her so she married a really controlling jackass. I didn't like him. He knew it. It caused us to not speak for most of the time they were married. Then he cheated on her, divorced her, and married the ho bag he cheated with a week later. She's been single a few years now. I don't know the new guy because of geography, but I hope he's better. One of our friends says he's cool, so I hope she's right!
I have heard of the cat poop thing but not that you aren't allowed to garden because of the off chance you'll run into it! That seems excessive. I have two cats. We will have to change their arrangements if I get pregnant but I'm not getting rid of them. They have been my babies for years. Even the dogs love them. They're both sitting on the ottoman staring at me now as if they know I'm talking about them. Weirdos.
I say do your gardening! My goodness, you'll never survive a pregnancy anyway, if you can't destress!

Annie I want to see your Facebook Pilates : ) all sweaty mad unkept. Bet you still look good.
I love sephora too. I've been wearing makeup since I was like 13. I am so fair and my facial features are so light I feel like I need makeup to look like everyone else. I am always being told "your so white" I've just gotten to the point that I say if you find my skin offensive don't look at me, kinda joking but mostly irritated. I'm not girly but I do wear makeup everyday. I hope you guys have a great weekend. Libby you have more self control that us waiting until Tuesday to test! But I do hate testing early if it means seeing a bfn, but it is what it is right.

Corn, I think it's easier this time because I've got a bad feeling. Just got my Maca and Vitex in the mail! Evening primrose will be along early next week. Think I'm going to pop a Maca and put on some lingerie, just for the hell of it!

I've got a bad feeling too, I mean what's the chances of getting pregnant 2 months in a row? We did time it better this month but I just feel pretty down about it after last month.

Well I read that it can happen so don't give up hope!!
Got leftover pot roast heating in the oven and DH will home soon!

Sorry I brought the body image issues stuff into the convo! I think I'm just whiny because I haven't been able to exercise much since my leg surgeries and have to buy new clothes. My husband's type is bigger and athletic, so we're good there. I honestly don't find bigger girls any less attractive than skinny girls - I don't know why I feel pressure. I think my cousin is the most beautiful person I know - body and face - and her doctor told her she needs to lose 60 lbs and she's really self-conscious.

You're awesome at doing makeup then, Corn, because I would never guess you didn't have striking features naturally (I bet you do and you're being modest). I have almost black hair and eyes and I'm pale. So makeup looks severe on me. I can't get it right! I look like the women from that old Addicted to Love video lol.

I don't feel great about this month. I was doing well today and just found out that one of my friends is pregnant. Her first son turned 1 year last week and she got pregnant with him first try. So I got all, "There's something wrong with me! It should be easy!" and freaked out. Which led to a meltdown but then a good discussion with my husband about ttc. I told him about maca and sex drive and he wants to snort it and mainline it to night lol.

haha I'll put the link up if the video goes up for a laugh. I guess she didn't do it yet. Maybe she saw it and took pity on me!

Yes we would love to see it!!
Yeah a girl I know just posted on the that she's pregnant. I was like, what!?! Why!?!
I get jealous.
Lingerie. Do it. Makes ya feel good when they get all googly eyed.
Got my Maca. Took it. It made my ears hot.

Haha it's still not up. Either she's busy or I looked as bad as I thought.

Ok, I'm definitely looking into lingerie. Favorite shop recommendations?

How much maca do you take? Lol, I hope you didn't OD and that I hear from you again.

I didn't OD! Ha-ha! It does make my ears burn though. Idk what that's about. Lol. But I think it helps. Between that and the lingerie, we got crazy last night. Good times. Nice to do it just for fun.
As far as shop recommendations, I just look on amazon. I don't get too picky because ya just don't have this stuff on for very long. Lol. So I just pick something I think is pretty or whatever. I had DH online shop with me, too, to get an idea what he likes best.
The Maca bottle said take three a day so i am working on that. I've had two so far today. Will take another before bed.

I like one called Ann summers... But it's a UK site. They have some more breast friendly lingerie...I bought some when we were first married. My husband likes the "themed" lingerie. Secretary, school girl haha.. Fun times. Now it's just pjs...
Man my boob's have been getting those weird shooting pains lately. Im not sure if you fertilized an egg but hasnt implanted yet if your hormones would start changing and give you those symptoms...so confused. Usually I dont get them until a couple days before AF if it's coming. Last month when I got the positive bfp I had them too.

I think hormones start changing as soon as fertilization occurs so I'm sure something could be happening.
I have crazy giant boobs. I always just try to find something pretty they will fit into, even if its not well. Lol

So the last three nights I've had to pee at 330 am. I usually hold it all night until 630. Also my boobs are getting lots of those weird pains. So not sure if my body is messing with me or if something's happening. We shall see...what about you two? How's those boobs? Are they ginormous yet?

My boobs were already ginormous. Seriously, cup size I.
But I got BFN this morning. And then AF also showed up.
Cried. I guess it's not my turn.
I'm super bummed.
Corn, it sounds like you're working on something there! I hope it's your turn!

Awwww...Libby Im sooooo sorry :hugs::cry:
It's so hard when you want it so much. And so many symptoms of AF and BFP are simular so it makes it hard to know. I've been there. ..it's OK to cry. Try to take it easy and let DH take care of you. Wish we could give you a big hug.

Thank you. DH is being sweet. He's going to get me Chinese food soon. I just really want it. I'll be OK. I'm just really sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->