over 35 TTC #1. anyone? beuller?

Oh how cute!!! He looks so snuggly!!!!
I'm having some crazy cramps so I've parked it on the couch for now. If it gets worse I will have to go to bed. I need to be doing laundry but my cramps are those kind that make you feel like your abdominal muscles are ripping in half if you so much as try to stand up straight. These usually last for one day. One day of really horrible cramps and then the rest of my period is just annoying and pain free. I've always felt lucky because I know I can handle one day of it. I've got friends who have cramps for a week and some that have horrendous cramps for several days. I have one friend who has prescription vicoden for her period cramps because they are so bad for several days! She only takes them during her period, but my goodness!
So, DH is having to work late tonight and tomorrow night. Such a bummer. He commutes an hour and a half to work, so if he works until eight, he doesn't get home until 9:30. Stupid job. Lol
I've never watched that Nashville show. My mom loves it. I love that lady that's in it. She was in Friday Night Lights, Connie something. She's good.
Funny you mentioned triplets. I keep telling DH I'm going to have triplets. He has a set of twins, the eldest. They were born at 24 weeks. A few days earlier and they would have just called it a miscarriage. They didn't leave the NICU for four months and then stayed in the hospital for another three months. Poor babies. They are OK now though. 7years old! But I'm always telling DH that I'm going to have triplets and carry them to full term and then tell his exwife "ha! I'm better at this than you!" I say that when shes pissed me off. Obviously, I would never do that. I'm sure she feels alot of guilt about the premature births. She got a kidney infection and her body went into eject mode. It's a real miracle these kids are alive. I think it would be super fun to have multiples, but I'll take what I can get! DH was joking the other day and asked if I wanted to have nine at once. I said yeah definitely! He said he would drop dead if that happened! Ha-ha!

Oh boy my tummy would be like a deflated balloon if I had more than one.
How you feeling!? Are the cramps any better?

Haha - your supplement pictures are awesome! I had a pill case, but then they wouldn't all fit in them - I need Libby's heavy duty one. So now there are a bunch of bottles floating around on a shelf that fall on my head whenever I open the door.

Don't give dh too much credit. His reflexive answer is to tell me no on all things or have a better idea, until I get pissed off. I almost got him on board with a velvet couch, Libby! I think he just felt bad for me, because last night I was cheerier and then he tried to back out. Get your dh to lock into a velvet couch while he's still pampering you during af. I've been shopping for you:

https://www.restorationhardware.com...Id=prod2701954&categoryId=cat2730070&src=rel#

https://www.restorationhardware.com...?productId=prod2701863&categoryId=cat2210037#

I hope the right purple velvet options came up. Pricey, but you're worth it :)

I would love multiples, but I think Corn and I talked about this once. With her bp and my stroke risk, we would literally die. But it would be awesome to get all this bullshit over with!

Hope the cramps are calming down!

Damn, the purple didn't show. But if you click on all options, they're in there.

Oh my gosh, Annie! I've showed that exact sofa to DH! IT WAS LIKE $4000, and he told me I'd lost my mind. Then I told him about it again during their friends and family event. It was 25% off then. He considered it but we didn't really have the money.I'm not giving up on it. One day, even if it is completely outside the realm of fashionable at the time, I will have my tufted velvet sofa!!
https://www.restorationhardware.com...Id=prod2701814&categoryId=cat2990121&src=rel#

My pill case was like eleven bucks on amazon. What I like about it is that each day is its own little box that I can throw in my purse if I'm going to be out for the day, or even just part of the day. I've got at least three big giant pills in each little section with other smaller ones in there, too, and still have room to spare.
My cramps are easing up a big. I did go lay down. I was more tired than I realized. I slept for three hours! Now I've got a bad headache. Isn't AF just the best?! I think I'm on the verge of some kind of brat fit and buying all new clothes. DH will not be happy. I'm just dissatisfied with not being pregnant and don't feel better yet. I'm trying to be good and wait to feel better. But my head is killing me and I'm sad. I need to chill. Lol

I think multiples would be really neat! They say at our age we are more likely. I'll never get that lucky. I'll have to have my five kids one at a time. Lol.
Le sigh....
If only I could get started.

Corn - I missed your dog pic somehow. She is adorable! Is Nashville really good or so-so? I'm looking for something to watch. Everything is so dark that I've been watching! House of Cards, Game of Thrones, True Detective, etc. I need a girly guilty pleasure show or something. Masters of Sex is starting soon though. I like that one.

Libby, that is so funny you looked at that one! I looked at one too, because we only need something the size of a love seat, so it would be the cheapest. But still not cheap at all - will have to shop around. I say go clothes shopping. Little things like having a cute outfit can really start your day out a little more nicely. Pamper yourself a bit! I'm having a weird fashion moment...l don't like what I have, but nothing's really catching my eye either. Usually I'm obsessed with wanting certain clothes. I LOVE that you want 5 kids - 9 kids overall is so crazy and cute.

Annie Nashville isn't bad. It has a lot of singing in it and the actors really sing it. It's lots of relationships who slept with who..but it's hard to stop watching. Did you watch Orange is the new black? Grace and Frankie is funny..or Call the midwife is based on true story. But lots of births and so maybe it would be good or stressful.

Btw that couch is gorgeous! My aunt use to have one in the 90s similar that was olive green. Kind of French provincial style.

I would love a green couch exactly like that, sounds so cool, but one of my college roommates beat me to it and that would tip the scales to having clone living rooms. I don't think DH will agree to that one. We'll have to find some middle ground.

I think checking out Midwives might be good - depending on the day/how the future pans out. I'll have to check Orange is the New Black. I didn't bother because I had already read the book, but people have been raving.

I've always wanted five kids. It just has always seemed like the right amount for everyone to always have company. Lol. DH might give up before then though.
I might get myself something new to cheer up a little.
We are leaving in less than two weeks to go on our trip. I need to finish packing! I'm stressed that I won't get everything everybody needs. Too many people. I'll be glad when the kids can pack their own bags!

Five kids is great. Both my parents come from families of 5 kids and the holidays are more fun with all the cousins. Dh is obsessed with only two though, but if we get that far, I'll push for a 3rd. Oh well, one step at a time. All notions of thinking I am planning my life at any given moment are out the window.

So ttc/eat healthily obsessiveness has snuck into my dreams. So in real life, I bought a new package of chia seeds and was annoyed when I opened them that they were the black ones (they can be nutritious, but they're often not actually the black ones, just the underdeveloped worthless ones). In my dream, I opened the bag up and they were the normal white ones and my relief was enormous. I am nuts.

Oh Annie! I'm sorry for the stress. I know nothing about chai seeds. They are totally foreign to me. I've heard of chai tea but that's it. I'm such a hayseed! Lol
Five is the goal. I'll take what I can get. I bet you will be able to talk DH into a third if everything goes well.
I read an article about foods that help fertility. It said that different foods were especially helpful during the different cycle phases. I'll find it and post the link again. It was just from one of the parenting sites but ya never know.

As far as us buying all the supplements in the world. I just came back from acupuncture. She is really well educated on supplements. She told me to order Methyl Folate on Amazon. Said it's easier to absorb than the folic acid, so it's a good addition to the prenatal. Sure, why not.

I don't think chia (different than chai, just to make things confusing) is really anything to do with fertility. I just worry my diet isn't good enough, so I'm basically ingesting a whole foods store.

I think dh might get on board with a third. I swear he just gets something in his head and doesn't even know why. But he does want to retire ultra early, so it could be all financial.

Thanks for the link! I feel like we should make a calendar of foods! It's so hard. Maybe I actually will do something in Excel. haha I'm serious!

Not a bad idea!!
It's so weird you mention the folate. I was just reading an article basically saying that the synthetic folic acid in so many supplements and prenatal can actually cause problems, including increased risk of cancer and infertility (because it floats around unabsorbed and messes with stuff)! Fantastic!! So now we have to buy the crazy expensive prenatal with natural folate. Or die from cancer with no children to help take care of us. Wonderful news. Can't anything cheap be OK?

Lolhttp://chriskresser.com/folate-vs-folic-acid/

This is the second article I've read mentioning this. The first was a review of JuicePlus. I have a friend selling it. Basically that first article said that JP has synthetic folic acid like many supplements and this is not only not helpful, but could be damaging. So, no JuicePlus for me. And now I need a new prenatal. I'm going to look for the one you mentioned on amazon.

Follate, iron, and calcium. I'm reading that these are the most important parts of prenatal vitamins. I'm wondering g if it would just be better to look for them separately.
There are alot of that methyl folate available. Different brands. It seems to be the same as the 5-MTHF mentioned in that article. Interesting.

The folic acid thing is so weird! There is supposed to be a good brand of supplements called Standard Process that is sold by chiropractors and acupuncturists. They're not synthetic, which sounds awesome. So was 5-MTFH good or bad? haha this is so confusing.

I take Vita-fol Ultra for a prenatal. It's so expensive. But the anti-seizure medication I take inhibits absorption of folic acid and this one has some sort of thing that makes the absorption better. I have to take 4x the amount of folic acid normal people do. So annoying.

I'm getting so paranoid. So we are renovating our house and now I'm scare of painting even. I bought zero VOC paint and there are chemical masks, but I think we'll just hire painters since we need an entire floor done. I have never worried about so many things at once in my entire life! This is insane!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->