• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

over 35 TTC #1. anyone? beuller?

Hi Ladies! Just found this thread, must say you're all hilarious. I'm 35 and TTC#1. This is the third cycle we've been trying. My DH is 45. He has 2 kiddos from previous marriage who are 16 and 18. I've been obsessing about every little thing for a few months, I think I've broken him down from being annoyed/exasperated by my constant talking about TTC to accepting the fact that I have no intention of stopping and now he's even making jokes about it. So that's a win, right? Anyway just wanted to say that I've started reading this book everyone recommends, I'm sure you've heard about it - Taking charge or your fertility. I bought it ages ago and it's been gathering dust so after 2 cycles of BFN I started reading it and it's got so much cool info, I wish I read it earlier. Anyhoo, this cycle we're BD'ing every day. And it's a tough job let me tell you.. especially since I make sure I lay there for an hour afterward on my wedge pillow with butt in air. It's a lovely sight I'm sure. Anyway congrats to someone with BFP, did I read that right? I didn't read all 45 pages. Baby dust to all of us!!

Hi Spyrals! Ur welcome to join us if u like : ) There is just the three of us on this thread mostly. Annie is pregant, Libby is TTC and I just got a BFP. I feel very bloated today and a bit crampy so I'm running to the bathroom every ten minutes expecting the worse, so we shall see....lord it's stressful! I'm so tired I'm gonna take a nap!
Annie hope ur having a good weekend.
Libby I hope AF has stayed away...so hopeful for you!
And I hope this horrible bloat goes away, and it's just because I had chinese for dinner.....and for breakfast ; ) I know, I know...never again!

Ooh Corn! Chinese sounds so good! We went to a steakhouse. Good steak, salad, baked potato for me tonight. It sure was yummy after I've wanted nothing to do with anything except enchiladas verdes for a week.
Spyrals! Hi! Thank you for saying we are funny. I sure think so but ya never know how others will take ya! And yes, it sounds like a victory to me! My DH has FOUR from a previous marriage! We must be nuts! Ha-ha!
My boobs are killing me, you guys. If I'm not pregnant, I'm going to have a nice long chat (and probably a tearful mammogram) with my doctor. They've been hurting for over a week now. It's totally normal if I'm prego,,but if not then this is not usual for me! Hoping for the BFP!!
Wishing baby dust to you all!

Libby I'm not eating chinese for a long time after that bloating from hell day. Thought for sure it was over for me but so far I'm still in the running, panty check all clear.
And I have nipples of fire! Burning burning nipples! Breasts are so sensitive to hormonal changes. I kept looking at them wondering what the hell...I told my husband about it and he's like what do you want me to do about it? I was like you could rub my neck it might help ; ) he didn't fall for it....instead he wanted to bd....yes that's what I want with burning nipples and extreme bloat and gas.

Wow 4 step kiddos :) Sounds like a big happy family. My DH's sons live in Australia, one of them is going to visit later this year, should be fun. Congrats Corn!!! How exciting. It's very encouraging, us being over the hill and all. Yesterday I was positive on my OPK so in a few days I'll be doing the whole two week wait thing. I've been trolling all sorts of boards and forums for a while, and I see a lot of 23 year olds trying for their 3rd or 4th, which is so weird so me. I remember at 23 I wanted nothing to do with babies or husbands! I was mostly going to clubs and having lots of good times.. haha. But then I'm from Australia (living in Florida now), and they usually have babies late compared to the US so I'm pretty normal there. I'm glad I found this thread, but have a feeling soon it'll be just me left in it! Libby what DPO are you?

Spyrals, I was the same as you when I was 23! In fact, I had a proposal when I was 18, and then another when I was 26. My response to them both-" no way! I'm too young!" Of course now that I'm 36 trying to have a baby, I feel soooo old! Lol. Figures. I believe I am 13DPO. If my cycle is being consistent with the last few months, I should get AF in two days. I'm obviously hoping for that to not happen, but am timing a test for that day. DH said last night he thinks my boobs are swollen, which is exciting to him. Idk why. They were already the size of basketballs! (OK not really but it feels like it sometimes! Lol) He is just totally convinced that I'm pregnant. I hope so. I don't want him to be disappointed.
Corn, why in the world did you feel so bad from Chinese?! It always makes me feel good, all those veggies! My Chinese place uses no MSG. That stuff makes me feel bad. Fire nipples sounds terrible! Mine hurt deeper in. So far, my nipples are normal. And yeah, my DH always picks the worst time to try to BD. I'm all "yeah never mind the gaping head wound. Sure I'll have sex with you right this moment. No really, I'm totally into it." Sometimes I just shout "read the room, baby!" And he understands that perhaps when I'm doubled over with cramps or crying for no apparent reason maybe isn't the best time! Lol

Libby I think it was a combo of Chinese and pregnancy hormones. I thought actually that I was going to start AF because last time I miscarried I had terrible bloat and gas the day before. So far I'm ok...so I hope that it's progressing.

Spyrals- we pretty much just use this thread as a communication thread. I knew Annie and she said come join this group : ) I'm not trying for my first, this is my third, but first with my DH. He has none...and I have two boys from a previous marriage. Bding everyday is a hard job...I never did more than 3x during fertile window. And this cycle that I got BFP was the one I didn't use OPKs and didn't know for sure when I ovulated,...go figure.

Yes BDing everyday can be exhausting and stressful! We have never been able to accomplish it!
I'm spotting right now so it might be all over for me this month. Idk. Will see if it gets heavier. Still two days before AF is expected so I'm not sure why I would be spotting now. I'm feeling bummed.

Libby, I hope it's not AF!! I've got fingers crossed for you. Corn, we both work from home so BD'ing daily ain't so bad time wise, just effort wise! Stop talking about food.. I'm trying to drop some pounds before baby :laugh2:

I'm getting anxious.
The kids start school tomorrow. I hope they all have fun. All their teachers seem to be good. We know two of the teachers. Middle monkey has his big brothers kinder teacher. We LOVE her. And Little monkey has his big brothers pre-k teacher. We really like her, too, Long with her assistant. Little is so excited to go to school he can't stand it! Heaven help his teachers. That kid is a handful! The twin have new teachers for first grade. They both seem nice. I hope all is well.
So your DHs boys live all the way in Australia?! That must be hard for him!

Libby, yeah I don't know what's up with having kids super early - I only started to want a baby at 33, but we weren't in a position to start trying till now. I've been with my husband for about 13 years though, and I just never wanted the responsibility. I think it's the social and bodyclock pressure that made me want one now, otherwise I can see myself happily having one at 45.
I'm ovulating late this cycle.. normally I ovulate at CD9 but this cycle it's day 14. I read that being stressed sometimes leads to late ovulation. Been racking my brain about what I could have had that was stressful? Then I remembered that we had a giant oak tree fall on top of our detached garage a couple of weeks ago. I watched it happen, it was during a thunderstorm. Maybe it was that! Haha. It was a pretty shocking experience. I'll try to attach a picture! Now we're dealing with insurance to get repairs. So far it's been okay but I've read some horror stories online as you do..

Corn it's cool that you're in Canada.. I've just had a Canadian friend bring me back some maple tea. I love it so much, and it doesn't exist here in the US. My dh is obsessed with All Dressed chips. He got a few bags, I'm trying to get him to slow down as we're supposed to be dieting. He loves those things! I've also been dying to try this ice cream bar you guys have there, can't remember the name. But obviously not going to happen unless I go over there. :)
Let me know if this pic link doesn't work.. it's pretty epic.
view

ok so that didn't work, hopefully this does!

https://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo202/spyrals1/20150807_161012_zpszrwe9bqf.jpg

I'm getting anxious.
The kids start school tomorrow. I hope they all have fun. All their teachers seem to be good. We know two of the teachers. Middle monkey has his big brothers kinder teacher. We LOVE her. And Little monkey has his big brothers pre-k teacher. We really like her, too, Long with her assistant. Little is so excited to go to school he can't stand it! Heaven help his teachers. That kid is a handful! The twin have new teachers for first grade. They both seem nice. I hope all is well.
So your DHs boys live all the way in Australia?! That must be hard for him!

Sounds like a start of a good year :) Funny that the little one is excited for school, he'll probably be dreading it soon enough! Yeah they are older though, we lived in Australia till they became teens and now they visit every summer :) It works out. A little nervous about how they will react if we manage to produce another kid. Hopefully they won't be too weirded out.

Idk what's going on. My areolas are puffy. How strange. They've never done that before.
Your DHs boys will probably think it's totally lame but then they will be excited once the new one comes. That's sort of how teenagers are!
Little one finally feels like a big kid to go to school. He gets very excited about things! He's a real comedian. So funny. Loves to dance. Great kid almost all the time. Love him to bits.

Libby r u still spotting?
Spyrals that's a crazy pic! So glad no one got hurt!

Still spotting. Very anxious.

test Libby!!! You're making me anxious too! I would have peed on a million sticks by now.

I'm about to ovulate. For two days I've been having major bloating and cramps, but it's probably me just being hyper aware and not related to ovulating in any way.

omg.. I just found out that one of the blood pressure medications my DH is on can cause male infertility! going to call his doc tomorrow and ask if he can be switched to another, non calcium channel blocker type. Im a bit angry, I think the docs should ask first before prescribing whether the patient is trying to conceive any time soon. Even if he's switched, it'll take 3 months to get back to normal. Nooooooo :(

Oh my gosh, Spyrals! They absolutely should ask before prescribing something that can do that!
I'll go test but I'm not hopeful. I'm going to call the doctor today. There has got to be a reason my boobs have been soooo sore. If its not pregnancy then it worries me. And if by some chance my test is positive then I need to find out why I'm bleeding.
Will update soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->