Over 40 Natural BFP with DHEA CoQ10 Vitex Black Cohosh Low AMH

funny I did acupuncture and I did not relax at all...hated it! lol...and the darn herbs were almost impossible to take...I was a bad patient lol

LL with acu it really depends on the experience of the person...i tried 3 different people and with each of them it was a very different experience. I also think it has to be someone with specific fertility experience. The two ladies i saw only had IVF and fertility patients so they really knew their stuff. I lady I settled with used soothing fertility hypnosis CD's and music during the session so I really did relax.

Happy, i also drank that early pregnancy tea, yuck! Diluted mine with apple juice and worried just like you but he's right the Chinese have been using it for decades...in fact i found a forum where Chinese women talked about these herbs their MIL's would cook up for them so i felt safer! Its not Dr Andrew Flower by any chance is it?

To get the ticker go to https://global.thebump.com/tickers/default.aspx Choose a ticker, put your info in and it will generate a code. Use the code for non-HTML sites and just copy and paste it into your signature here on BnB

yeah hubby doesn't believe in that stuff so I gave it up anyway

LL with acu it really depends on the experience of the person...i tried 3 different people and with each of them it was a very different experience. I also think it has to be someone with specific fertility experience. The two ladies i saw only had IVF and fertility patients so they really knew their stuff. I lady I settled with used soothing fertility hypnosis CD's and music during the session so I really did relax.

Happy, i also drank that early pregnancy tea, yuck! Diluted mine with apple juice and worried just like you but he's right the Chinese have been using it for decades...in fact i found a forum where Chinese women talked about these herbs their MIL's would cook up for them so i felt safer! Its not Dr Andrew Flower by any chance is it?

To get the ticker go to https://global.thebump.com/tickers/default.aspx Choose a ticker, put your info in and it will generate a code. Use the code for non-HTML sites and just copy and paste it into your signature here on BnB

so... how far along are you? I am glad you researched it as well... I will go and have a read.... (12.30 midnight right now and I am so tired!) and thanks for the ticker! :flower:

notrustyyet provided some great information here. I've been taking most of the supplements listed, but only half the mg. This cycle, my FSH decreased to 8.34 from 10.5 last tested in January 2012. My doctor thinks running helped the blood flow. I'm a recreational runner but since September had been training for two races, one in October and one in November.

I have two questions, hopefully, someone can answer.

1) Anyone get pregnant with their first with low amh after age 35? Since I've never had a positive pregnancy test, I have no proven fertility.

2) Did DHEA affect your period blood flow? I period got lighter after starting DHEA, so I decreased the mg from 75 to 50, which didn't change the flow.

Thanks!

notrustyyet provided some great information here. I've been taking most of the supplements listed, but only half the mg. This cycle, my FSH decreased to 8.34 from 10.5 last tested in January 2012. My doctor thinks running helped the blood flow. I'm a recreational runner but since September had been training for two races, one in October and one in November.

1) Anyone get pregnant with their first with low amh after age 35? Since I've never had a positive pregnancy test, I have no proven fertility.

2) Did DHEA affect your period blood flow? I period got lighter after starting DHEA, so I decreased the mg from 75 to 50, which didn't change the flow.

Thanks!

Hi, I got a :bfp: at 43, although not my first and my AMh was 3.82. I took 75mg of DHEA and it didn't affect my cycles, however, I thought it gave me palpitations the first time I took it which was 1 and a half year ago and I gave it up. Out of desperation I started it again, along with Co Q10. I had planned to do it for 3 months, I even bought Fertinatal (one of the top USA fertility clinics endorse it) but I never got to take it! i took the one I bought about 2 years ago and waiting for the other to be shipped, after only 7 weeks, I got pregnant without trying! Have you researched inmune issues? Do you ovulate? have you done clomid yet?

Thanks!

Hi, I got a :bfp: at 43, although not my first and my AMh was 3.82. I took 75mg of DHEA and it didn't affect my cycles, however, I thought it gave me palpitations the first time I took it which was 1 and a half year ago and I gave it up. Out of desperation I started it again, along with Co Q10. I had planned to do it for 3 months, I even bought Fertinatal (one of the top USA fertility clinics endorse it) but I never got to take it! i took the one I bought about 2 years ago and waiting for the other to be shipped, after only 7 weeks, I got pregnant without trying! Have you researched inmune issues? Do you ovulate? have you done clomid yet?

Happy that was good AMH!!! I am also on DHEA but gave up the CoQ10 a bit.

How old is your other child? Congrats BTW!!!

HappyPregnant - yeah, I was under the care of an infertility doctor for two years. We just switched to a new doctor. Did 6 cycles of IUI on clomid and injections. I know I ovulate via ultrasounds in 2 cycles. I've been tested 3 times by 3 different doctors (they draw blood when I go in for consultations while switching doctors). All tests are normal. I've been on the supplements since July 2012. Not even a false positive. Don't know what the H3ll is wrong with me. My AMH even dropped from 0.46 in Oct 2011 to 0.26 in Oct 2012. I'm a few weeks shy of 38. Can't catch a break!

AMH is known to fluctuate from month to month. In fact some doctors say it has no bearing on natural ttc cycles and is only instructive & useful for working out the most appropriate IVF protocol. AMH doesn't reflect on egg quality.
Have you had any immune tests done - thyroid issues, blood clotting issues, autoimmune issues? And sperm analysis for your other half?
By a lighter period do you mean less heavy or less days? It could be many things- hormonal changes, thyroid changes, stress or even the additional exercise changing things a bit.

Happy hope things are going well for you :hugs:

Hi peacebaby - yes, I had my immune tests done 3 times in 18 months -- results normal and consistent. No thyroid, blood clotting or autoimmune issues. I read that your AMH x 20 is likely the number of eggs you'll get. Since my AMH is now 0.26, I'll likely get 5-6 eggs, though I didn't get 9 when it was 0.46 in 2011. My antral follicle count this past Wednesday (Day 3) was 5.

Sperm analysis up and down, but overall more normal than not.

Before I started on supplements in July 2012, I usually get 3 days of heavy bleeding, followed by 2 days of light or spotting. Since the supplements, it's usually 1 day of heavy with 2 days of light. I don't know if this should be a concern. I'm trying to find whether the degree of bleeding is a reflection of uterine lining. Lighter bleeding = thin lining? Anyone know?

Thanks!

Happy that was good AMH!!! I am also on DHEA but gave up the CoQ10 a bit.

How old is your other child? Congrats BTW!!!

Thanks!!! I thought it was a rubbish AMH! I was gutted actually! My other one just turns 9 in 2 days. I have been trying for almost that long but not really actively. I did have unprotected sex and seriously started trying 4 years ago. Fingers crossed this time!!! x

HappyPregnant - yeah, I was under the care of an infertility doctor for two years. We just switched to a new doctor. Did 6 cycles of IUI on clomid and injections. I know I ovulate via ultrasounds in 2 cycles. I've been tested 3 times by 3 different doctors (they draw blood when I go in for consultations while switching doctors). All tests are normal. I've been on the supplements since July 2012. Not even a false positive. Don't know what the H3ll is wrong with me. My AMH even dropped from 0.46 in Oct 2011 to 0.26 in Oct 2012. I'm a few weeks shy of 38. Can't catch a break!

Really? which supplements have you been taking? is your DHEA micronized? Clomid does not work for more than 3 consecutive cycles, you need to then wait at least a cycle. Have you tried Clear blue fertility monitor? they are brillian! I have conceived twice with it, always on the first try.

Hi peacebaby - yes, I had my immune tests done 3 times in 18 months -- results normal and consistent. No thyroid, blood clotting or autoimmune issues. I read that your AMH x 20 is likely the number of eggs you'll get. Since my AMH is now 0.26, I'll likely get 5-6 eggs, though I didn't get 9 when it was 0.46 in 2011. My antral follicle count this past Wednesday (Day 3) was 5.

Sperm analysis up and down, but overall more normal than not.

Before I started on supplements in July 2012, I usually get 3 days of heavy bleeding, followed by 2 days of light or spotting. Since the supplements, it's usually 1 day of heavy with 2 days of light. I don't know if this should be a concern. I'm trying to find whether the degree of bleeding is a reflection of uterine lining. Lighter bleeding = thin lining? Anyone know?

Inner... have you done an NK test yet? I had blood clotting issues and they only found out and I have to inject every day for the rest of the pregnancy... also maybe acupuncture? It seems to work miracles for lots of ladies...

Happy are you on Clexane then? I am too. Also had elevated NK's and inflammatory cells so needed immune treatment.

Innerlaner, can definitely recommend the clearblue fertility monitor or even the clearblue digi ovulation kit.

wow! thank you for taking the time to post that:flower:

i'm trying to balance focusing on ttc, but also "trying to let go."

what do you think were the top 3 things you did (out of your list)
that really made a difference?

thanks again! :hugs:
Since I have made it so far, 12 weeks, w/o MC, I would have to say CoQ10, DHEA, and the Black Cohosh, as per the study I mentioned in my original post, using CD 1-12. I also have added some additional specifics in the the over 35 TTC thread 42+ Pregnant? you might want to check it out. I'll let you guys know how the DS test turns out, (had Harmony test last week), NT scan upcoming this Friday, should know results then...

wow! thank you for taking the time to post that:flower:

i'm trying to balance focusing on ttc, but also "trying to let go."

what do you think were the top 3 things you did (out of your list)
that really made a difference?

thanks again! :hugs:
Since I have made it so far, 12 weeks, w/o MC, I would have to say CoQ10, DHEA, and the Black Cohosh, as per the study I mentioned in my original post, using CD 1-12. I also have added some additional specifics in the the over 35 TTC thread 42+ Pregnant? you might want to check it out. I'll let you guys know how the DS test turns out, (had Harmony test last week), NT scan upcoming this Friday, should know results then...

Good luck with the test and scan Notrusty!

I saw this chart for DS risk according to age at delivery (I always thought it was conception, but they go by when baby was definately DX- at birth, so my risk is pretty high, 1 in 38, I'll be 44 next June when baby due, really hoping all those supps made a good egg!)

Mother's Age
Incidence of Down Syndrome
Under 30
Less than 1 in 1,000
1 in 900
1 in 400
1 in 300
1 in 230
1 in 180
1 in 135
1 in 105
1 in 60
1 in 35
1 in 20
1 in 16
1 in 12

I saw this chart for DS risk according to age at delivery (I always thought it was conception, but they go by when baby was definately DX- at birth, so my risk is pretty high, 1 in 35, I'll be 44 next June when baby due, really hoping all those supps made a good egg!)

Mother's Age
Incidence of Down Syndrome
Under 30
Less than 1 in 1,000
1 in 900
1 in 400
1 in 300
1 in 230
1 in 180
1 in 135
1 in 105
1 in 60
1 in 35
1 in 20
1 in 16
1 in 12

Hey!!! you skipped 43!!!!! :winkwink::winkwink: and yes CoQ10 and DHEA do help with embryo quality. Let us know how it turns out and all my fingers are crossed for you!!!

Happy are you on Clexane then? I am too. Also had elevated NK's and inflammatory cells so needed immune treatment.

Innerlaner, can definitely recommend the clearblue fertility monitor or even the clearblue digi ovulation kit.

peacebaby Yes, I am on Clexane, 40 mg once a day. I tested positive for Lupus anticoagulant and I have psoritic arthitis and I didn't do any NK tests but I had something similar to intralipids, in fact, I am going tomorrow to have another infusion done. I am on baby aspirine, clexane, progesterone pessaries (forgot their name) but I don't know how long I am going to be on Clexane, how about you? I am scared to stop! i know the pessaries is ok to stop by 14 weeks and although my fertility consultant is not involved in this pregnancy as I didn't conceived thru them, he is the one that gave me clexane and I have to be pestering him for him to feed me bits and pieces of information which is annoying. For what I have been researching, a lot of women do it until delivery (but cannot have an epidural!) and others stop at 12 weeks. Why are you on clexane? and how far along are you? and did they tell you when you have to stop? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->