Over 40 Natural BFP with DHEA CoQ10 Vitex Black Cohosh Low AMH

WOAH! I just saw the price...maybe not...YIKES!

I know it is expensive! I know. The thing is for us desperate mothers who are willing to sell our souls and go for IVF, in comparison to IVF, fertinatal is a bargain it is going to save you having to fork out thousands.

How are you Happy? Have you had any early scans or do you prefer not to?

well we already did 2 IVF cycles and hubby said no more BECAUSE of the price so LOL...if I mentioned these new pills he may divorce me HAHAHAHA

Happy it seems we're worrying about the same thing!
Yes I'm on Clexane, progesterone (Cyclogest), intralipids and low dose aspirin. I had a panel of NHS immune tests and then more tests privately. I'm on the clexane because I have Raynauds syndrome, an autoimmune condition that restricts blood flow. Like you I don't want to stop it now. My consultant is keeping me on progesterone until 16 wks- i tested for certain immune cells that causes progesterone to drop rapidly but generally 12 wks is when most stop.With your condition I doubt they will ask you to stop clexane now, too much of risk. A few ladies on here stopped 24-48hrs before a scheduled C section and then the epidural is ok. I read that it's ok to have the epi if you stop in the 48hr mark. That does mean you have to go for a scheduled delivery though. Other ladies stop between 36-38 weeks. It's nerve wrecking! I think I will keep doing the aspirin longer than clexane even if just every second day. My condition is worse during winter so no way will I stop it now.

Nottrusty, you will be surprised how the risk is lowered by your actual blood test and NT measurement. My consultant said the chart values are just background analysis. A lady here in her 40's also did the Harmony test and her risk came out lower than mine at 38. Fingers crossed you will be fine xxx

yes, I am worried and I did call the clinic and they told me to stop everything at 12 weeks! But to be honest, the nurses at the fertility clinic (NHS clinic) don't seem to know what they are talking about!! I am not going to stop the pessaries at 12 weeks, I will stop at 16, I got enough left overs for it. And the clexane, stop at 12 weeks? I don't think so! the only good thing is that they don't seem to care about my case and said my GP would need to give it to me, so I told the GP (when i didn't know they wanted me to stop at 12 weeks) that I have to take it for the whole pregnancy and all I have to do is ask for a repeat prescription. You gotta play the system sometimes girl! I am not stopping at 12 weeks! No way! I am a bit concerned to keep going with the clexane right up until almost due date because I am not being monitored but I will crossed that bridge when I get there!

Just for reassurance, I stopped my progesterone (100 mg prometrium 2x/day) at 12 weeks, and no problems. MD said don't have to taper or anything, and that has been his experience past 20 years....He said 12 weeks is actually a little extra anyway, as placenta is fully functiong and making progesterone by 10 weeks....

Thanks Notrusty! Hope all was well with your scan and Harmoni test :hugs:

Happy i'm so sorry to see your signature :cry: Big massive :hugs::hugs::hugs:
Take time to heal but never give up

Thanks Notrusty! Hope all was well with your scan and Harmoni test :hugs:

It's taking longer for Harmony results as they found no fetal cells in first vial of blood (they took 2) so they need to process second. Should have results next week. Nuchal scan was normal though. My age alone however skewed the results when factored in. Just more waiting...

I just went through testing cycle and am going to get a copy of my results as my dr didn't give me much detail other than you are fine for your age (41, turning 42 in Jan). This was very frustrating! Can someone tell me what a good AMH level is? If I know the scale when I get the copy of my results I can get some sense of things before going back to see the OB GYN (btw I am switching to a different one at the clinic).

Thank you!

BabyQQ sorry I don't know what the range is the US would be. I'm sure one of ladies will be better help.

Nottrustyyet, you've had a long wait for results but everything is going well so that's good. The accuracy of the Harmoni test is very impressive. It's only been introduced here recently but I'm so glad that it is available.
About DHEA, for the benefit of others did you stop when you got a bfp?

peacebaby, i'm actually in Toronto Canada. you're in London? the scale may be the same. do you know what it is in the UK? i guess i'm just anxious and not having my OBGYN give me much detail has left me feeling very frustrated :(

my birthday coming up is making me anxious as well ... just gonna think positive.

BabyQQ here is some info that might help:https://www.drmalpani.com/amh.htm

The AMH scale is the last column in the table. Seems that 2.0 to 6.8 is considered optimal.

Hope it helps:hugs:

yes definitely helps!! thank you so much. i will go over the results with a different OBGYN so i can get my FSH and AFC as well. my AMH seems to be optimal but my age has to be included so i think that makes it really good for my age but i'm not gonna be like a 30 year old. well still great news so thanks again :)

Something I DID do to increase blood flow to pelvic region was to use heating pad on lower belly. I used it on High though some say low, and really heated up ovaries before bed. Sometimes I fell asleep and woke up sweaty, so time would vary, but usually 1/2 hr... Stopped once we DTD, so as not to cook DH spermies or a developing embie! Also had an orgasm daily. And no, at my age, didn’t always feel like it, but forced myself, thank you Hitachi magic wand. Hey, couldn’t afford acupuncture!

Hi NotTrustyYet,

Thank you for the wonderful post. It's has been very inspiring for me to read. If you don't mind my asking, did you do the heating pad every day in your cycle or just the first part? I know in TCM a "cold uterus" can prevent implantation. But I've also read it can hurt the egg after O. Thanks :flower:

Did you have an orgasm daily after Ovulation?

Something I DID do to increase blood flow to pelvic region was to use heating pad on lower belly. I used it on High though some say low, and really heated up ovaries before bed. Sometimes I fell asleep and woke up sweaty, so time would vary, but usually 1/2 hr... Stopped once we DTD, so as not to cook DH spermies or a developing embie! Also had an orgasm daily. And no, at my age, didn’t always feel like it, but forced myself, thank you Hitachi magic wand. Hey, couldn’t afford acupuncture!

Hi NotTrustyYet,

Thank you for the wonderful post. It's has been very inspiring for me to read. If you don't mind my asking, did you do the heating pad every day in your cycle or just the first part? I know in TCM a "cold uterus" can prevent implantation. But I've also read it can hurt the egg after O. Thanks :flower:

I only used it first half of cycle, until we started to BD. I was cautious of not roasting DH little swimmers, once they were inside my uterus.... I also read and re-read like the bible, The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis. I later got Making Babies, which I liked too but didn't read as thoroughly because I got my BFP the month I ordered it.

At my age (43) I had mainly Kidney Yin Def. Spleen Qi def. and maybe some Blood stasis. For that I began drinking hot lemon water, (juice of 1 lemon/day) and sometimes extra around menstruation, really helped make a bright red flow, lessened the brownish/black spotting I started getting once I turned 42 1/2, few days before flow actually began. That was age my cycles changed too, got shorter. The lemon is also a great liver detoxifier, really helped my body with assimilating the DHEA, w/o side effects.

When I got pregnant, I averaged 26 day cycles, O on CD 13, with a flow pattern (by day) of Light/Heavy/Heavy to Med/light/spotting....lighter overall than when I was younger, but still decent, w/5 days of a flow. TCM puts a lot of emphasis on the quality of menstruation being basically a window into your fertility, so I was getting obsessed w/"reading" my period. E.G. if you have problems with lining, you will have a short/light flow, bad lining, no implantation...

Best of luck, and don't lose hope, though I know how depressing it can be month after month seeing only one line on the preg test. You ARE going to wake up one morning, pee on that stick and start shaking with incredible shock and joy because there are 2 lines!

just wanted to add that I am also reading The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis and can absolutely recommend this book to any LTTTCer, so much useful info on herbs and acu points and it's easy to figure out what deficiencies you might have. I have Spleen Qi def. and Blood stasis

THANK YOU nottrusty!!!!

One for responding and two for being generally inspiring! I definitely have poor cycles. My period is usually heavy/medium/light and by day 4 (and some times by day 3) it's just spotting. I also will spot for anywhere from 5-10 days. It's so depressing. Yes I also had Kidney Yin deficiency as well. So many parallels! I'm hoping that mean there's hope for me as well!!!

And really thank you for sharing your story. Like many people on this board I'm sure, this is just about the toughest thing I've been through. (Which I know given the loss many other have experienced makes me quite lucky) But it does warm my heart to hear of success stories. :flower:

Did you have an orgasm daily after Ovulation?

Actually read my second post a little later down on the on first pg. update on the orgasms. I should probably just edit my original post. BTW, I have added additional info that I initially forgot, so it pays to go back occasionally and re-read my original post.

PS my Harmony trisomy test had to be redone, so still don't have results (no fetal cells found in my blood sample). Had 1st trimester screen recently and baby looked good, nuchal scan indicated low/no trisomy, but there is an equation where they factor in my age, and that skews everything in a negative direction. I was thinking if Harmony comes back negative I may skip Amnio, because if I'm the one in 200 that miscarries, I may not get pregnant again, but I haven't made up my mind yet. My OB thinks I should get it....I am CONVINCED that my long term 18 mos on Ubiquinone, and the low, but slow, DHEA, made a good quality egg.

Nottrustyyet I agree with you if your Harmoni test is negative there is no reason to go through the Amnio. In fact the Harmoni test is merely a less invasive, safer version of the amino- in the sense that both look at the fetal cells.

The age factor really skews the risk ratio - I think the actual Nuchal measurement is more important.

Question: when did you stop DHEA? At bfp or did you continue until a heartbeat was seen. Most dr's say stop the moment you get a bfp:shrug:

I'm a big fan of the Randine Lewis book too- followed all her suggestion for supplements for DH and it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->