overweight and ttc

Magicwhisper: if I remember correctly it's your scan today! Hoping it goes well and can't wait to hear about it x

Eegee maybe you could push the new dr to run some tests? It might help you with peace of mind and then maybe you'd have an idea of how to move forward

Alex1812 when does anyone ever have enough money? People just find a way to make things work and I'm sure you will<3 I feel like my hubby is exactly the same sometimes. I think men have a hard time showing how they're really feeling sometimes

As for me, I'm hoping that this weekend is going to get me back on track food wise. I haven't been too bad, but not as good as I should have been. I always want to try and eat well when I'm around the in laws so this should be a good starting point for me :D

I have to say I'm dreading the drive over there tomorrow and am keeping everything crossed that the weather improves as this 3 hour journey will take me well over 4 hours :dohh:

well we had our scan today, it was amazing but tiring. we we being scan for a hour and a hlaf because we had a trainee scan me but we didnt get a say in the matter! he was scaning me for a hour and cut it short he had to be told off hundreds of times for getting it wrong. the best example is that he was meant to be scaning babys hand and he scaned the foot and wondered why it was the wrong shape!

the last half an hour was better because the expert scanned me and she told be exactly what she was looking for she was brilliant.

baby is perfect jumping, doing sumersaults waving, he/she got annoyed and mooned the sonographer for 10 minutes, i couldn't stop laughing baby has a good sense of humor like his dad

we heard the heartbeat so many times it was amazing, we got close up pictures of the face too

i will post pictures later

Glad your scan went well, even if you were a bit of a "guinea pig". Hopefully the next person he scans won't have as much of a carry on! :)

I don't think I'll be able to swap GPs, after looking at the catchment zones :( Was thinking of going private, but my boyfriend has taken great delight in telling me exactly what I owe him this evening so I guess I'll have to get used to not going anywhere or doing anything from now on! I'm so cross about having to stick with the same GP. I'm just feeling all round rubbish tonight, which doesn't help. On the plus side, my "symptoms" seem to have lessened - BBs only hurt when babies at work kick me as I change their nappies (ungrateful little so-and-sos, lol!) and any strange twinges are less noticeable and probably pass as normal! I just feel like a bit of a failure this evening, although the fact we haven't done any BDing for about two weeks or so probably isn't going to help. I just don't feel interested in it at all lately - I think tonight is understandable, but the rest of the time I don't know what my problem is.

Thanks :) I'm sorry for moaning so much! I promise I'm not always this bad haha :p

Magic: how lovely! Did you get to watch when the trainie did the scan too? So pleased for you!

Eegee: I get those days too :(, had one last night after talking to my doctor. We are all in the same position so we can all relate, which is the comforting part :). Sorry to hear you can't change doctor's, keep nagging at them to help you! They hate that haha! Maca is meant to help boost libido :)

As for me.... CD 96 ...

Hi Ladies, can I join you? I have PCOS, overweight and trying to conceive my second child. I conceived my first after losing 4 stone, at the moment I'm about 2 stone heavier than I was when I conceived. I'm trying to lose weight but I really am struggling...think I've had enough of struggling to lose weight, I feel like I've spent most of my adult life dieting. Just had enough!!!! I know that losing weight will help me, but I'm still struggling badly. I'm trying the fast diet at the moment (also known as the 5:2 diet).

I seem to ovulate (use opks and chart my temp), I O late and last cycle was 43 days long...but got there in the end. I'm using Progesterone cream with added estrogen and it really helps with my cycles. The cycle before last I didn't use it, thought I'd have a cycle off it, the next cycle I realised the error of my ways as I ended up ovulating late and that was only once I started the cream. So will not be making that mistake again.

I dont know about anyone else but I'm tired of dieting and I'm tired of being made to feel like I should lose weight...

hello cookie :D

haha yeah you are lying down as they scan you i had to lie down and watch for a hour and a half .... got a bit bored in the end :dohh:

Hello cookie, I agree. I have struggled with my weight alot, I have been overweight ever since I was about 5, at 14 I lost alot of weight and stayed at a size 10 for a year I then gained weight and lost it again. It then became an obsession of mine, I would do anything to lose weight, I took 8 laxatives a day and made anything I ate come back up. I eventually learned to love myself for who I am, low and behold I gained alot of weight but loved myself anyway. Hearing the doctors tell that I have to lose weight any way I can ( my old one even said any dirty tricks you can do!), is hard. Why do I have to lose weight when I am finally happy?

My view now is that it's not about the number on the scale, it's about living a good lifestyle. If I want a McDonalds I will have one but it's a treat not a fall off the wagon excuse to eat everything. I make sure I get my vitamins and power foods. It's about integrating foods, vitamins,herbs and minerals to boost your body. Your body needs to be healthy and powerful not skinny :)

Hope this helps xxx

I also have pcos, nice to see someone else on this forum who is going through what I am x

Comet - yes I definitely agree...and I do need to learn to be healthy rather than focusing on losing weight. I've done some extreme diets, and I've lost weight fast but I think the end result is that I have bad eating habits, I binge eat...I never did that before my extreme dieting. I think I just want to lose a stone and then work on maintaining that...I actually don't want to be skinny. Need to be realistic and get to a place that I can stay, rather than a goal I know I'll never get to.

Good luck to all those ttc, I know it can be disheartening trying and trying but don't give up, the struggle is worth it. Xxx

Congrats bambi!

I agree on being healthy and happy over being a certain weight...

Comet...I can't believe your Dr' s said to lose weight any way you can...that is mind boggling!

I can. Certainly attest to maca boosting the libido...it has done that for my hubby...I don't know if it has done that for me but it think it helps me regulate my cycles...but I like the boost it gives him...:thumbup:

:hi: ladies I'm currently 5 stone over weight (72 pounds). I'm not currently TTC I am suppose to be waiting until New years day to start trying but I'm really struggling to hold out until then.

The plan at first was for me to get down to just under 30 BMI so it would put me in the over weight range instead obese before we start TTC but I've not been so great with the dieting as of late after losing 18 pounds in 3 weeks I have been terrible and put some of it back on :( Now it is so hard to get back on track.

So the plan changed to lose as much weight as I can in the time frame up until New years day and start TTC then but continue to lose weight while TTC. I am just so disheartened by losing the motivation to diet now and it's getting me down and all I want to do is start trying now! I haven't spoken to my husband about it but I don't know if I even should now. You would think that TTC would be enough motivation for me to continue on dieting but food always seems to over power everything :(

Sorry ladies for my rant, and this is only my first post in here :haha:

Oh and I forgot to add I am going to be TTC #2, we already have an 8 year old daughter :)

18 pounds in three weeks?! :o

Losing weight is such hard work - even with the knowledge that my cycle being irregular is most likely down to my weight, I can't seem to lose any. In fact, I weighed myself this morning and I'm a couple of pounds heavier than the other day (a weight I had maintained since around Easter), although I haven't been particularly bad in what I've eaten (no worse than usual, at least). I need to concentrate, but I've always got an excuse! However, I am determined that come the new year, I will put more effort in, once I've got all my deadlines etc out of the way.

Why can't you start TTC sooner? 2014 isn't that far away - starting a few weeks early isn't likely to cause any major issues, surely? :)

i am still impressed that i managed to loose 6 pounds because of morning sickness :haha:

kinda motivated me too, it means that eat a few small meals a day works for me (even though i only started to do that because of sickness) :thumbup: ... i would just prefer it without the sick though :haha:

Not a particularly pleasant way to lose it, but at least there was a positive side to it lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->