overweight and ttc

Well I couldn't resist looking before the three minutes was up and it was already starting to show, but I set the timer on my phone and looked for definite when three minutes was up. It was quite faint but definitely noticeable, although it didn't show up as well on the photo I took.

You can see the pic here, but it's kind of hard to tell. As time went on it got darker, but then after 10 minutes I know you have to ignore it and I wasn't sure when the ten minute point was.

I've phoned the doctors again and the receptionist thought it was hilarious (more because of my attitude of "OMG I don't know what to do!") - she said they don't do blood tests as they are so expensive, but that I will probably get booked in with the midwife now. I don't want to tell my boyfriend in case it isn't "good" news. Besides, he'll tell his mum straight away and then I'll have her on my back too! :p

I can definitely see the line clearly!! If it came up so fast it usually isn't a evap. So I'm going to say congratulations !! Fingers crossed it is X

Thanks :) I hope it is, although the thought of having a baby is a bit scary too haha... Will let you know how I get on. I'm still convinced I'm not mind - I Google too much and read too many bad stories! I guess I'll find out in the next few weeks, one way or another.

Eegee I think that's a bfp too hun :hugs: so it's a congratulations from me too.

Have you got anymore tests in? Will you be testing tomorrow morning?

I've done two Superdrug tests, and both came out the same (very similar shade, etc). I am 100% convinced I'm not lol, everyone seems to be so sure of their symptoms in the early days but mine are a bit wishy washy! Still reckon it could be a cyst ;) I just don't want to be wasting anyone's time! I've also read that Superdrug tests can have false positives. Honestly, I will read anything that fits with my opinion at the time!! :blush:

I don't know whether to go get another test, but not sure if I'll have the patience to wait until tomorrow - but if they come back negative this afternoon I'll feel like an idiot speaking to the doctor in a bit...

In all honesty I'd get another test and test again in the morning. If all the tests you've done so far are showing the same/similar I really don't think it's a fluke :hugs:

I agree with emmyreece, if they both showed the same thing it's likely they are right.
Google is terrible for putting things in people's heads. Take another in a day or two, hcg doubles in that time x

Did a FRER...

I don't know how to feel lol, I am soooo paranoid and don't want to tell my boyfriend in case it is caused by cysts or something else "bad", but that means I can't tell anybody "in real life" because he'd be gutted to have not heard first!

Hope the doctor rings soon as I have a seminar at uni and don't fancy discussing this on the bus on the way lol...

ETA: Literally as I posted that message, my phone started ringing. The doctor reckons it's more likely that I am than not, so I have to book in with the midwife, and if anything changes in the meantime to let them know.

Still don't believe it haha :p

Attachments

• Test 2.jpg
    Test 2.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 6
:happydance: massive, massive congratulations, honestly a line that good on a frer (with not fmu) is brilliant

Hope the dr phones soon xx

A massive congratulations!!!!!!! A frer with that good a line is correct!!!! So so pleased for you xxxx

Thanks :D I refuse to believe it, but if it is the case then I'm hoping nothing goes wrong!

I've told my boyfriend (via text, as you do) and he reckons we need to look at a bigger place since we live in a one bedroom flat... to be honest though, I reckon we could cope here for now :) A baby could sleep in the boiler cupboard! :haha:

Massive congratulations Eegee :happydance: Your drs said they wouldn't do a blood test to test for pregnancy because it's too dear!? I had one done through drs few months ago with no hesitation, wouldn't of thought they were too expensive.

Yeah, they said I could take in some urine though but I thought I'd wait. I've got no wee left in me now lol... and I wouldn't know what to put it in! Maybe I'll pop in in the next few days. He said he doesn't think it's necessary but would put my mind at rest if I wanted it doing, as it's slightly different to HPTs.

The only reason I did the blood test when I thought I might of been pregnant a few months back (sadly not :cry: ) was because with my daughter HPT didn't show up positive until I was over 7 weeks gone so thought blood test would show up quicker if I had been.

Yeah it does seem a bit strange, I didn't think it would be that expensive. I have my first appointment with the midwife on 27th Nov. I asked what would happen if the tests were wrong and I wasn't pregnant but he said they won't think I'm wasting their time lol... I still can't believe it. Can't picture us having a baby next summer - so I am 100% convinced it's not going to happen :rofl:

Would the agnus castus be worth reading up on comet? Anything would be worth a try if it can help shorten your cycles :hugs:

congratulations that is a positive!

symptom wise the only one i had for a while was no af

He's threatened to change the locks lol... he wants me to start "nesting" right now and get the place spotless too :haha:

Sorry that your cycle is lasting so long :( I felt like my last one was taking forever, although I had occasional days of discharge in the months prior to September. I can't understand how it can be that one month is so ridiculously light, and another so, so heavy. I was literally having to change my tampon every hour or so, and having to double up when not in the pool. I wish we were all just "normal" when it comes to cycles - it would save us all so much stress and worry.

ETA: I wouldn't ever have been able to rely on my period - and I've wondered if I was pregnant in the past and haven't been. I don't know what is so different this time - I think it's just my BBs being a little bit achy occasionally, and feeling like I'm going to come on and nothing happening. The latter has happened before too, but my BBs are generally fine lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->