overweight and ttc

it means its not connected to a school or owned by one person it is instead a registered charity (number 1152162 to be exact )

I think stay at home mums are great, certainly what I'll be doing :). It's whatever works for your family!

Emmy: that's good then. I would hate to be turned away last minute, definitely a scary situation!

Lemon: ah wow, never heard of that before. Do you volunteer then? :)

X

:rofl:I had to look up what a sahm was :haha: I would love to be a sahm but I don't know if we can afford it right now...:nope:

Oswin...:shock:100:xmas22:wow...that makes me feel like a slacker...my hubby is the same way about dtd...AND if he knows I am ovulating then he freaks out and can't dtd...it's frustrating...I have to be :ninja:very ninja like with my POAS and baby dancing proposals...:ninja:

MrsLemon...preschoolers are so cute...my friend is a preschool teacher and I use to go in and help sometimes that is a great job!

Comet...what is m.ex?

Emmy...that is great what you guys do for your mom...that would suck to be turned away...could you call and see if they have midwives available when labor starts and if not head to the further away one?

I work for a plant that makes electrical components https://www.pcsridgway.com/Default.aspx if your bored and want to take a look...I am a Jack of all trades there

I'm really hoping I can be a sahm as Chris is the one who brings in the main wage, I just claim carer's allowance. And as long as I'm still available to my mum for a certain amount of time each week then it's fine as she's very flexible :)

As daft as it sounds, now I've calmed down and looked at information about the two hospitals, I do actually seem to prefer the one further away. I'd doubt that my mum would be able to come anyway (regardless of which hospital I give birth in) as she tends to avoid hospitals in case she catches anything. The only people that it would really affect would be hubby's parents I'm assuming as I know they would want to come over and see us in the hospital.

This is the virtual tour of our local hospital

https://www.wales.nhs.uk/sitesplus/862/page/49211

Then this is the virtual tour of the one in Carmarthen

https://www.wales.nhs.uk/sitesplus/862/page/51080

emmy: the carmarthen one has a bigger birthing pool which is nicer and looks like they have more help on hand and equipment if needed! However, both look really nice so either way your gonna be comfy! :).

alex: wow i had a look and you must be very clever and handy with your hands to make all of those!

M.e is like chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromalygic. The shorter version is that i get extremely tired, achey, painful muscles. Bad headaches and i sometimes find it hard to remember the right word when talking and a bit forgetful! It means i cannot exercise and sometimes need a walking stick to help me outdoors.

it makes it harder to lose weight :( but as long as i pace myself im practically normal :) haha

xx

Magic: TODAYYYY! its your scan, hope everything goes well and cant wait to hear from you x

I just got a positive opk :dance: I'm over the moon!! Was starting to worry I don't ov cos of my weight!

:happydance: congrats magicwhisper :cloud9:

oswin that's absolutely brilliant news yay :happydance: so excited for you

Alex - Lmao! You should see them pile up ad I write them! Just went to buy stamps for them all, and Sat in the freezing cold sticking them all on and nattering to myself (I'm odd!)
I am ninja-esque about all my charting/poasing too as my hubby is exactly the same: he feels weird if he thinks we're having sex just for a baby (which I mean, we aren't really surely: it's damn good fun too!) :rofl:

I caved and bought a digital ov test too, and got a big fat smiley face! :-D So I'm definitely about to ov! HOORAY!

Magic : yay!!!!!! Congrats that's amazing news :) have you decided on a name?

Oswin: yay for ovulating!!

X

af has definitely gone :happydance: so now it's just a case of waiting for ov. I'm going to try and keep testing this week, though I can probably see saturday and monday being problematic (saturday we're at my cousin's wedding and monday we'll be travelling back to wales), but I'll do the best I can. I just hope it doesn't keep me waiting for ages :dohh:

how's everyone doing this evening?

Aww yay team pink :) and such a lovely name

and yay to ovulation too ... its all happening :D

And nope im paid ... its not as much put it pays my share of the bills :) x

Emmy: ah that's good! I hate having to do opks because of the inconvience when out and about. Hopefully it will be soon! :)

Magic : that's so lovely! :)

Lemon: aw I think that's a lovely thing to do especially in these hard times economy wise!

Xx

X

Hi I am new to this thread. I am glad I found it since I too am overweight and trying to conceive. I am 5'4" and weight 243 lbs. Husband and I have been trying to conceive for a little over 3 years now. We have been seeing an RE. We had an appointment today (follow up after having multiple tests done) and he put me on femara and metformin. He is very nice and hasn't been judgemental at all about my weight tho he does mention that weight loss could help me ovulate normally and regularly I agree but like I mentioned other than that he has been quite nice and understanding of the time we have been dealing with infertility.
:)

:hi: hi Mandy!

Emmy...both look very nice...I think you should go with the one you feel most comfortable with even if it means that some family might not be able to get there...you have to do what feels right for you and the baby :D:D yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for AF leaving:D.

Comet...hubby says I'm crafty so maybe that transfers over into my work lol...ah I totally get you on the m.e...sounds a lot like my aunt and sister who have fibro....love the new pic..that is so cute

Oswin....:happydance:yaaaaay time to bd! Lol got a funny picture in my head of cold nattering stamping Christmas card lady...Lol I often think I should tell hubby that we can't DTD or act like I am not interested at all when I am ovulating because then I'm sure he would want to lol...Instead I have become a poas ninja lol

Magic...congrats!:yipee: that is beautiful name!

So is it weird for me to get all teary eyed picking out a baby shower card for my cousin in the middle of the store? :dohh: it is so cold tonight...Chad just looked at the temperature...8 degrees...anyone else dealing with freezing temps tonight?

Mandy that's brilliant that you have such a supportive RE. Losing weight has definitely helped me and that's even with only being 1 stone down, I had a 170+ day cycle, then a 51 day cycle and now I'm cd 10 of a new cycle and waiting for ov. These ladies are lovely, so welcome to the group :D

Alex, I got teary last year when I was buying things for my cousin's youngest baby, so totally understand where you're coming from :hugs: It wasn't too cold here last night thankfully as it was one of hubby's nights at work and the bed would have been freezing :dohh:

I seriously need to get my backside into gear and get packing for this weekend :dohh: I just seriously can't be faffed with sorting everything out just yet, but I only have until tomorrow at 17.30 (which will be when hubby gets back from work and we set of to cheshire), so I think I'm just going to have to suck it up and get on with it :rofl:

Hi Mandy, welcome!

So I'm essentially spending all of today waiting for hubby to get back from work (at 5!) as I want to bd 3 days in a row now I've finally got a positive opk... But I've no idea how/if I'll get him to do it, as obviously we bded yesterday...... Hmmmmmmmmm

And yes, it's freezing here too! Got the fire on! My little boy is still in his sleepsuit ..haha at the moment he's repeating "santa want go in a dockings (stocking)" and putting our light up Santa in his stocking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->