Overweight or obese and TTC?

Let's play a game to get to know eachother better...
You finish the sentence and begin a new sentence for someone else.
I'll start....

I've been trying to have a baby for ____________.

I won't know till I see the IVF consultant, probably around 30-40% chance.

I get 2 free fresh rounds, and as many frozen as we produce.

xxx

I have been ttc for 3 years hopeing this is my month but dont know when to test any suggestions my lmp was 6/15/11 iam irrgular
new question where is everyone from?

I too am very overweight and TTC!

Myself and my husband tried last year for around 8 months with no success and I was getting so upset and stressed each month when it didn't happen so we decided to stop trying.
We have just recently decided the time feels right to try again and I am trying to remain calm this time and not get worked up about Am I or Arent I, although it really isn't easy!

I have also started to lose weight and have just lost 12lbs in two weeks. I have decided that if it doesn't happen this time then I will just carry on focussing on trying to lose weight so that hopefully with each lb I lose we will be a step closer.
I have been told that if we were not able to conceive I would not get any help with IVF or fertility tests at the weight I am!

My worry is that if I do fall the midwifes etc will be horrible to me about my weight and think I am irresponsible for trying for a baby in the first place and my question is if anyone has had any negative reactions once falling pregnant and being overweight?

Thanks for your help.x

They won't be horrible but in certain PCT's you have consultant led care and extra scans if you have a high BMI, some it is over 30 and some it is over 35 and some treat you as normal midwife led no matter what.

For IVF your BMI need's to be below 30, which is what I am doing at the moment.

xxx

hey ladies :flower: my ff chart is driving me mad!! i tempted twice this morning and got two different readings. the first reading has me at 5dpo and then 2nd has me at 3dpo. i dont know what to believe.

I'll start....

2 months. I know it's not that long! I just knew with PCOS and being overweight it wouldn't be easy. Started charting in early June (hadn't had AF since April) and everything stayed the same for the whole month and my doc put me on progesterone and clomid pretty quickly.

Glowbug, I'm also confused by my chart! I got a pretty positive OPK today, more positive than the last 10 days, but my temp is already up. It went down a point today though, but I think that's not a reason to worry. I just want to keep up those high temps! If you have PCOS like me we really can't fully rely on OPKs because we already produce too much LH.
Here's my chart, what do you guys think?

Attachments

• chart2.PNG
    chart2.PNG
    21.8 KB · Views: 6
Getting to know each other question #2 - how did you meet your partner/husband?

I'll start....

2 months. I know it's not that long! I just knew with PCOS and being overweight it wouldn't be easy. Started charting in early June (hadn't had AF since April) and everything stayed the same for the whole month and my doc put me on progesterone and clomid pretty quickly.

Glowbug, I'm also confused by my chart! I got a pretty positive OPK today, more positive than the last 10 days, but my temp is already up. It went down a point today though, but I think that's not a reason to worry. I just want to keep up those high temps! If you have PCOS like me we really can't fully rely on OPKs because we already produce too much LH.

Charting... are you on progesterone or Provera? My dr put me on Provera for AF... she told me that it would cause my temp to rise and would probably cause more problems to chart than it's worth stressing over! So I'm not charting now... maybe you're having the same issue? It would make sense that progesterone may do the same. I'm not an expert on charting by any means but it's something to think about! :)

I'll start....

Charting... are you on progesterone or Provera? My dr put me on Provera for AF... she told me that it would cause my temp to rise and would probably cause more problems to chart than it's worth stressing over! So I'm not charting now... maybe you're having the same issue? It would make sense that progesterone may do the same. I'm not an expert on charting by any means but it's something to think about! :)

I took progesterone to start my period. The last pill was cd1...does it still affect me two and half weeks later?

A lil good news for me today i lost 5 pounds im so happy this journey isnt easy cause i recently been hungry more to the point i have to eat via cause of stomach pains my period is still not here i dont know if its a good or bad sign but on my earlier post some one said i should be tested for thyoid n prog problems due to recurrent m/cs i did the thyiod test they were normal n i cant get a doctor to do a prog test eary enough to try n save the pregnancy even tho i am high risk they wont test or see me earlier but how are u ladies doing today or in my case early morning i been havein some BAD insomia ummmm

Woohoo way to go!!

I'll start....

Almost 3 yrs NTNP and actively trying since April.

I was an enrollment counselor for the University of Phoenix Baton Rouge, LA ground campus. He was one of my enrollee's and we became fast friends.

We met: April 2008
Started dating: June 2008
Got Engaged: August 2008
Married: September 2008

When you know, you know! I never believed in love at first site, but my DH did and he told me on our first date that he was going to marry me. I almost quit seeing him at that time bc it freaked me out, but there was just something about him that pulled me too him. In July 2008 he was in a really bad car wreck and was in a coma for 3 days and in the hospital for a total of 6 days. I thought I was going to lose him. I never left his side and when he came too, I was the first person he saw. He tells me repetitively that he heard me talking to him and he considers me his guardian Angel. And to all the naysayers that said we wouldn't last 6 mths, we will have our 3 year Anniversay this September 19!!! Yeah baby!!:kiss:

Favorite classical literature and why?

Mine is anything by Jane Austen. Some may not consider her writtings as classical, but she keeps me sane when i read her books. There is always some piece of mischief and I love it. I wish I could have met her to get an idea of what she was like....I also love the movie "lost in austen"....

Wow, fleur, cool story!
My DH and I just met through a friend who decided we would be a good fit. She gave us each other's email and we started emailing and then talking on the phone and then had our first date in Sept. 2008 (pumpkin picking, pumpkin carving, and a walk to a pizza restaurant in my neighborhood). We got engaged Dec. 2009 and married in July 2010. My first marriage at 33 yrs old and his second at age 35 (though no kids from previous marriage.)
So we had to get on the baby making bandwagon ASAP due to "high gestational age" - I'm automatically going to be high risk and I'm only 34! :wacko: Though friends that got married after us are already due in a few months.

Classic lit...I'll admit to not reading any since high school AP English. :blush:
So I don't have a fave! I do love to read though! I'm currently reading Clara and Mr. Tiffany, a fiction based on the women who worked at Tiffany's glass studio. Really good so far.

I now understand what the 2ww means. I'm IN it. And symptom spotting and all that. Doesn't help that I'm a teacher off for the summer so I have the time to think about it and "research" online. ACK!!!!

I took progesterone to start my period. The last pill was cd1...does it still affect me two and half weeks later?

I have no idea... I just know my dr told me not to worry about charting with Provera because it wouldn't be accurate... sorry I can't help anymore! :shrug:

Homer The Odyssey and The Illiad are still some of my favorite works to pick up and read. I love ancient Greek mythology and literature.

I'll start....

I've been trying to have a baby for just over a month now.

My husband and I met online actually. :haha: We talked for over a year off and on and decided to meet up. Things really took off from there. One thing that I found really really odd was that at the time we lived literally a street over from one another and were well within walking distance from each other's place.:shrug: We most likely would have met eventually anyway even without the internet. Things went really fast for us, we moved in together after 6 months of dating and were married at the year mark. It seems like it was meant to be!

Homer The Odyssey and The Illiad are still some of my favorite works to pick up and read. I love ancient Greek mythology and literature.

I'll start....

I've been trying to have a baby for just over a month now.

My husband and I met online actually. :haha: We talked for over a year off and on and decided to meet up. Things really took off from there. One thing that I found really really odd was that at the time we lived literally a street over from one another and were well within walking distance from each other's place.:shrug: We most likely would have met eventually anyway even without the internet. Things went really fast for us, we moved in together after 6 months of dating and were married at the year mark. It seems like it was meant to be!

I like the Illiad as well. It is on my fav's list on my Kobo....
Isn't it crazy how when you know, you know that your OH is the one for you!!! Yay for Soulmates!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->