Overweight or obese and TTC?

I'll bet. I decided I'd live with the consequences of 2 :rofl: xxx

Good morning ladies! I'm just poppin in to share a little good news. I'm finally under 300lbs! I've lost 17lbs altogether in a month and a half and I am only 8lbs away from my short term goal! Also my bmi has gone down 2 points. YAY! That much closer to bfp :) this weekend my friend and I are buying a workout dvd called" How to Look Good Naked" and we are gonna start excersing. Im hope that the pounds will then just melt away! Well anyway, how are y'all?

Correction, I just weighed myself. 297lbs making that a total loss of 18 lbs and only 7lbs to go! *doing happy dance* EEEEEEEEE!

Good morning ladies! I'm just poppin in to share a little good news. I'm finally under 300lbs! I've lost 17lbs altogether in a month and a half and I am only 8lbs away from my short term goal! Also my bmi has gone down 2 points. YAY! That much closer to bfp :) this weekend my friend and I are buying a workout dvd called" How to Look Good Naked" and we are gonna start excersing. Im hope that the pounds will then just melt away! Well anyway, how are y'all?

Correction, I just weighed myself. 297lbs making that a total loss of 18 lbs and only 7lbs to go! *doing happy dance* EEEEEEEEE!

Well done!!

xxx

Light pink blood on tp this morning. 5dpo
Seems way too early for Implantation bleed.

I'm fighting against being heartbroken. I'm only cd 22. That's quite early for AF for me.

light pink blood on tp this morning. 5dpo
seems way too early for implantation bleed.

I'm fighting against being heartbroken. I'm only cd 22. That's quite early for af for me.

(((((hugs)))))

I hate dr. Telling people bs about their size...i know i am big....lol. But sometime you have to hunt around for a dr. That can respect your size. I needed clomid to concieve and my ob/gyn would give me a rx until i lost 100lbs.... Because i "doesnt work as well in larger women", but i took matters into my own hand, got my clomid.... And ha ha ha in his face cycle #1 of clomid and i got my bfp!!!
Congrats on such a quick :bfp: Thanks for the encouragment!!!
I really like my doctor, she has never mentioned my weight. My old doc used to EVERY time I was in. My new doc also put me on clomid after only one month of charting and finding now ovulation (though I know I hadn't in the previous couple of months too due to no AF)
BUT...my doc's practice has just made it official that they will no longer care for pregnant patients. Anyone due later than March has to find a new doc, as they will only be doing gyno. So I have to find a new ob/gyn :(
I was really frustrated when I found out and asked the check out lady what was going on and she said it was because malpractice insurance was SOOO high for obstetrics...so they're no longer going to serve pregnant women because of stupid insurance!

Anyway...a rant :)

I'm on cd19. Probably 3dpo, though possible 5dpo. Not sure about my chart.
Have still been feeling different, full, crampy, a little nauseous. But it might just be wishful thinking ;)
So sorry to hear about your dr's office! At least they're helping you get preggo first!!!

:flower:Welcome to all the newcomers!!! :flower:

Well I've got 1 provera left after today and then AF should arrive. So ready to schedule the HSG and have my next appointment. Exactly 1 month until TTC for me... I'm so thankful that my dr is proactive! DH has his SA today as well. My dr wanted him to do it just to make sure we don't waste time trying and all the Provera and Femara.

I've also weighed myself and I've lost a total of 50 lbs as of today!!! :yipee: :wohoo: Congrats to all those who've lost as well!!!

I'm fighting against being heartbroken. I'm only cd 22. That's quite early for AF for me.

Implantation can occur anywhere between 5 and 12 dpo. Wait til tomorrow before panicking! Or just don't panic ;) Easier said than done.

I still have high temps, so I think I o'd on cd16, even though fertility friend still won't give me my O day and crosshairs. I've clearly had 4 temps above coverline, so I'm confused.

I hate dr. Telling people bs about their size...i know i am big....lol. But sometime you have to hunt around for a dr. That can respect your size. I needed clomid to concieve and my ob/gyn would give me a rx until i lost 100lbs.... Because i "doesnt work as well in larger women", but i took matters into my own hand, got my clomid.... And ha ha ha in his face cycle #1 of clomid and i got my bfp!!!

Arrielle: I admire you for taking it into your own hands. Way to show em'!!

Glowbug!! Don't give up honey!! We are here to lift you up when you are down. Let us know if you need anything!!! :hug:

Happy cloud. Sorry for the confusion
I think you ovulated the day after your positive Opk! I also got my smileys on cd 17 and 18. Hope we are both preggoooos. Any symptoms for you?
I have pasty thick yellow cm. That's weird...
You???

Glowbug!! Don't give up honey!! We are here to lift you up when you are down. Let us know if you need anything!!! :hug:

You're so sweet. I truly believe im pregnant so I don't think I'll stop believing just yet. As some things have been off this cycle.

1) I took a four hour nap yesterday ( crazzzy fatigued)

2) I have cysts. So I cramp basically all the time in my cycle
This cycle. Next to NO cramping at all.

3) my cm is very odd. Pasty yellow thick and creamy. It is usually ewcm ish and clear the week of period.

4) I just feel like this is it. :))

I ovulated so early and I'm praying for my birthday BFP!

Hope I didn't bore you guys. Thanks for caring

Happy cloud. Sorry for the confusion
I think you ovulated the day after your positive Opk! I also got my smileys on cd 17 and 18. Hope we are both preggoooos. Any symptoms for you?
I have pasty thick yellow cm. That's weird...
You???

I have been feeling yuck. Sort of full, a little dizzy for the last few days, headache today. But I'm worried I'm making them up, or attributing what I normally would blow off as allergy related (what I call "schnauzea" because of post nasal drip). It is a heat index of about 105 here in Cincinnati, so it could be that too.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it really looks like I ovulated, and why not, right?

As usual, I have hardly any cm, just a little scant lotiony white.

I have my progesterone test tomorrow so hopefully I'll know early next week if I o'd. But I don't know if testing only 5 dpo will have the numbers they'll want to see. They were SO adamant about testing on day 21, regardless of when I would ACTUALLY ovulate + 7 days.

I hope we'll be April moms-to-be together!

Hi all... I was wondering if I could join in? I'm overweight and ttc... we're on our second cycle now.
I honestly don't understand why doctors and the medical community get all bent out of shape in the first place. Unless you have some illness or whatnot that is directly related to your obesity, why should it affect your chances of having a healthy pregnancy?

I'm 250 lbs, but I'm active, I eat healthy and have regular, normal cycles... I haven't bothered to even speak to my doctor, because I know what he'll say with regards to my weight and ttc.

Hi guys,

Hope you dont mind me joining in this thread! I'm new to the site and the tread caught my eye. Both my partner and myself are overweight but we are dieting and its going really well. I dont think my weight will cause massive conception issues as I know larger ladies who have concieved but since I'm only on my 1st cycle of ttc #1 I cant really comment.

Has anyone had any issues with conception due to weight? Babydust to all on the thread ttc!

This might be TMI since its my first post but AF is 2 days late, not going to test just yet as tested FMU on thursday and gotta BFN!

I'd appreciate any pearls of wisdom you ladies have!

K x

Hi guys,

Hope you dont mind me joining in this thread! I'm new to the site and the tread caught my eye. Both my partner and myself are overweight but we are dieting and its going really well. I dont think my weight will cause massive conception issues as I know larger ladies who have concieved but since I'm only on my 1st cycle of ttc #1 I cant really comment.

Has anyone had any issues with conception due to weight? Babydust to all on the thread ttc!

This might be TMI since its my first post but AF is 2 days late, not going to test just yet as tested FMU on thursday and gotta BFN!

K x

Hi squiggles! Really, there's no TMI on these boards :laugh2:.

I'm pretty new to ttc too so I don't know yet how my weight will affect things. I am already on clomid though, likely have PCOS. I've read a lot of different posts and articles and stuff and I would say that there are many success stories but also many struggles...kind of like EVERY other selection of women! I think we all realize that it would be healthiest and easiest for use to weigh less, but that doesn't mean we can pursue getting pregnant! I just know it would be easier for me if I lost weight so that the pregnancy isn't too painful on the back/knees, etc, easier to get on and off the floor when playing with little ones. So we try to eat healthy, get exercise, and strengthen our bodies for our babies! Easier said than done though! :wacko:

Hi guys,

K x

Hi squiggles! Really, there's no TMI on these boards :laugh2:.

I'm pretty new to ttc too so I don't know yet how my weight will affect things. I am already on clomid though, likely have PCOS. I've read a lot of different posts and articles and stuff and I would say that there are many success stories but also many struggles...kind of like EVERY other selection of women! I think we all realize that it would be healthiest and easiest for use to weigh less, but that doesn't mean we can pursue getting pregnant! I just know it would be easier for me if I lost weight so that the pregnancy isn't too painful on the back/knees, etc, easier to get on and off the floor when playing with little ones. So we try to eat healthy, get exercise, and strengthen our bodies for our babies! Easier said than done though! :wacko:

Thanks Happycloud!

Sound advice! I've just worked out how much I weigh (because I know in America its worked out in pounds and here in the UK its stones and pounds) and I weigh around 196lb; I would like to be healthier when I concieve but I grow impatient...which is a bit selfish on my part but I really am gonna try dieting while ttc and then continue eating well when PG; obviously because I cant diet to lose weight when carrying.

I wont even entertain the idea of speaking to my doctor about this kinda thing anymore, I get a lecture everytime I go...my dietician is super supportive in comparison!

We will get our baby wish in time!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"