Overweight or obese and TTC?

Hi hun, I just wanted to say i have a bmi of 42 i think.. im 6ft and a size 20/22.. and im on 2nd pregnancy with no problems xxx dont loose hope, and dont listen to all the bad stuff xxx

Hi guys,

Hope you dont mind me joining in this thread! I'm new to the site and the tread caught my eye. Both my partner and myself are overweight but we are dieting and its going really well. I dont think my weight will cause massive conception issues as I know larger ladies who have concieved but since I'm only on my 1st cycle of ttc #1 I cant really comment.

Has anyone had any issues with conception due to weight? Babydust to all on the thread ttc!

This might be TMI since its my first post but AF is 2 days late, not going to test just yet as tested FMU on thursday and gotta BFN!

I'd appreciate any pearls of wisdom you ladies have!

K x

Hi squiggles! Really, there's no TMI on these boards :laugh2:.

I'm pretty new to ttc too so I don't know yet how my weight will affect things. I am already on clomid though, likely have PCOS. I've read a lot of different posts and articles and stuff and I would say that there are many success stories but also many struggles...kind of like EVERY other selection of women! I think we all realize that it would be healthiest and easiest for use to weigh less, but that doesn't mean we can pursue getting pregnant! I just know it would be easier for me if I lost weight so that the pregnancy isn't too painful on the back/knees, etc, easier to get on and off the floor when playing with little ones. So we try to eat healthy, get exercise, and strengthen our bodies for our babies! Easier said than done though! :wacko:

ps. That should say "that doesn't mean we CAN'T pursue getting pregnant" and "us to lose weight" not "use".
I hate typos! :)
196. I would like to weight that. It wasn't too long ago that I was around that weight for a long time and now I think back to that and see pics and think I was pretty fit! It's all relative :) It's not a terrible weight (unless you're like 4'11? ;))

hello ladies i know its late lol but its the insomia but i am haveing serious back pain ugh :cry: still no period since june 15th i am on cycle day 40 now and still scared to test i think i am going to just wait it out a lil longer i dont know when to test cause of the irrgular periods that i have so i guess its up in the air well when ever i do test i want to see that :bfp: as well as all of us baby dust around and around

Hi all,

I'm 34 and overweight. Joined the site 3 years ago after just getting married, at that stage i'd lost a lot of weight and was having regular cycle after a long time of no periods. Had a few short spells of TTC , but DH wanted to wait abit longer as we were trying to get house sorted and we were both waiting to see if our jobs were safe. Both decided at end of last year we wanted to start trying, but i had gained quite alot of weight again and my periods stopped. Was really upset with myself. Couldn't even bring myself to talk to DH about it as i felt really guilty about messing things up! But decided to pull myself together and joined Slimming World. Have now lost 2 stone, and got my first period this week! Still have more weight to lose, but hoping that this is the start of regular cycles again.
Good luck to everyone else trying!

Hi gals...i decided I would post...and maybe get your opinions...I am about 60lbs overweight..I have lost about 90 over the past few years...I have a regular cycle and I ovulate each month..we have been trying for 5 months..this was our 6th month trying...we are in the tww now :wacko:...has anyone been this overweight and gotten preg? :) :thumbup:

Hi all... I was wondering if I could join in? I'm overweight and ttc... we're on our second cycle now.
I honestly don't understand why doctors and the medical community get all bent out of shape in the first place. Unless you have some illness or whatnot that is directly related to your obesity, why should it affect your chances of having a healthy pregnancy?

I'm 250 lbs, but I'm active, I eat healthy and have regular, normal cycles... I haven't bothered to even speak to my doctor, because I know what he'll say with regards to my weight and ttc.

I"m in the same boat! But we are trying! :) I know my body can handle this! :) I workout 4-5 times a week..eat right..and have already lost tons of weight...have regular cycles.....i'm just sooo scared it won't happen...

Hi Ladies!
Just worked my way through this thread and wanted to post to say thank you to you all for giving me some reassurance that there are other women out there with the same worries.
I've always been on the larger side since I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and ME 13yrs ago and I'm concerned that those conditions (plus a few others) and being overweight will make TTC and indeed being pregnant difficult. So hearing from all you lovely ladies is very comforting. We'll all get there :)

BTW; we are currently on our first month TTC with AF due on Wed/Thur and tentatively hoping (due to potential symptoms) that a BFP is heading our way.

Good Luck to all and thank you again x

Hi hun, I just wanted to say i have a bmi of 42 i think.. im 6ft and a size 20/22.. and im on 2nd pregnancy with no problems xxx dont loose hope, and dont listen to all the bad stuff xxx

That's great new Tink!
Do you mind telling us how long it took you to conceive?

Welcome to the new ladies.

Vixx, you're not far from me :)

Yup, it's been a gorgeous day with clear blue skies......

And I've spent it on the sofa full of a cold and achey. What's THAT all about?!

Colds suck! I've been too tired and crampy to do much today; it's still nice to have some sun coming in through the window rather than the torrential rain of late.

That's very true!

My OH is doing Slimming World with me. So he brought home chocolate for me to cheer me up. Bless him :dohh:

Awww bless him! I've had to get my OH to stop bringing me chocolate every time he goes to the shop or I have an 'off' moment, it was getting silly and my arse was getting huge!
The odd exception is still allowed though :)

True. This is the 1st time in nearly 5 weeks I've had proper chocolate :D

I've put it in the freezer so it will last longer and also hopefully soothe my throat :haha:

Hi gals...i decided I would post...and maybe get your opinions...I am about 60lbs overweight..I have lost about 90 over the past few years...I have a regular cycle and I ovulate each month..we have been trying for 5 months..this was our 6th month trying...we are in the tww now :wacko:...has anyone been this overweight and gotten preg? :) :thumbup:

Wowzer, well done on losing 90lbs!! Good going! I know people who with similar weights who have got pregnant! I also know people who have ideal BMI's , but it's still taken 9-12 months to get pregnant, so just got to keep positive and keep trying. Good news is you have regular cycles and are ovulating! x

That's very true!

My OH is doing Slimming World with me. So he brought home chocolate for me to cheer me up. Bless him :dohh:

Just seen you're doing SW, me too! Inspired to start end of last year to get ready to TTC! Had a couple of weeks not strictly to plan as had few do's on, but back on track tomorrow. How are you getting on with it?

That's very true!

Just seen you're doing SW, me too! Inspired to start end of last year to get ready to TTC! Had a couple of weeks not strictly to plan as had few do's on, but back on track tomorrow. How are you getting on with it?

I'm doing well. Last Monday I had lost 12lbs in 4 weeks. Got this week's WI tomorrow, not sure how I will have done as I've had a few naughty things this week, but hopefully nothing too detrimental.

How are you getting on?

That's great new Tink!
Do you mind telling us how long it took you to conceive?

Hi hun , With my first baby it took 3 months and i was the same size.. and with this baby it took 6 months.. im diabetic and have a bicornuate uterus so the odds are against me. I really think if you have regular cycles like me you will be ok xxx Of course weight loss helps but it has not stopped my little babies :) and in fact with all the morning sickness I end up thinner at the end lol.. I've not gained any weight so far.. im eating healthy, and taking exercise and i feel great. Sending loads of baby dust xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->