Overweight or obese and TTC?

Try and be positive, it's normal to be scared but you have to believe everything will be wonderful! :hugs:

Hi Monkeypooh! It's nice to see another Canadian! :)
Hiya!! I lived in BC. I worked at BC Cancer Research Center. What part are you from?

Hey! We moved to the Kootenays from Port Coquitlam about 4 years ago! Where abouts were you? :)

well good evening ladies.. have some good news and need some extra baby dust to head our way. My partner Jen and I have decided to up the date.. we are going to be trying in... well... 4 days.. kinda suddenly nervous yet super excited.. Please wish us luck for our first run at trying for our beautiful bundle of joy!

thanks!
brie

well good evening ladies.. have some good news and need some extra baby dust to head our way. My partner Jen and I have decided to up the date.. we are going to be trying in... well... 4 days.. kinda suddenly nervous yet super excited.. Please wish us luck for our first run at trying for our beautiful bundle of joy!

thanks!
brie

Aww congradulations i am sends TONS AND TONS of baby dust your way good luck :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

thanks!
brie

Best of luck!:thumbup:

Hey girls!
I google info on getting pregnant overweight or obese and all I get is negative crap! On sites like these no one usually wants to come out and say it for fear of being judged about being unhealthy! Just wondering if anyone else wanted a chubby buddy?  or if anyone overweight or obese had any encouraging stories?I've lost 30lbs now so please no rude comments. I eat very healthy and am very active. I'm just wondering if this will ever happen for my husband and I....

I would LOVE to have a chubby buddy! I am considered obese, have PCOS and ttc with my husband. :wacko: I have been making changes to my diet as well as taking water aerobics twice a week and try to hit the gym at least twice a week. Obese does not always equal unhealthy or lazy! Congrats on the weight loss! Keep going! :cloud9:

Congratulations and I hope it happens soon!

Hi Mrzmlm! :)

Hey girls!
I google info on getting pregnant overweight or obese and all I get is negative crap! On sites like these no one usually wants to come out and say it for fear of being judged about being unhealthy! Just wondering if anyone else wanted a chubby buddy?  or if anyone overweight or obese had any encouraging stories?I've lost 30lbs now so please no rude comments. I eat very healthy and am very active. I'm just wondering if this will ever happen for my husband and I....

I would LOVE to have a chubby buddy! I am considered obese, have PCOS and ttc with my husband. :wacko: I have been making changes to my diet as well as taking water aerobics twice a week and try to hit the gym at least twice a week. Obese does not always equal unhealthy or lazy! Congrats on the weight loss! Keep going! :cloud9:

I agree....being obese does not always equal unhealthy or lazy!!!! I work hard to lose weight and be healthy...I'm right there with you guys...I have lost 100lbs in the past couple years...and still have 60 to go...we are TTC and keeping our fingers crossed we get a little spud growing soon! :):thumbup:

Hi Ladies! I feel so encouraged by this thread and your kind words! I'm so nervous about this process, but I feel better knowing that there are other women who understand!

Hi, another obese TTC here... I am 34 & 235lbs but we eat pretty healthy. Bad habits mostly... inactivity & late-night eating. I am starting slow though. I quit smoking a couple years ago now, gained 30lbs then started at a university. Between classes, I had a 3 hours break & also AWFUL parking so lots of walking around campus. I lost the 30lbs, graduated, took what should have been a great job but wasn't then got into a depressive funk after losing this job. Been looking for full-time employment in new career field since October & now pulling myself back together so I can get back to where I want to be: employed, pregnant & at a HEALTHY weight! DH & I are working on growing our own healthy foods, as they taste much better fresh! Glad to see I'm not alone in the overweight & older range!! Baby dust to us all!

Hi, another obese TTC here... I am 34 & 235lbs but we eat pretty healthy. Bad habits mostly... inactivity & late-night eating. I am starting slow though. I quit smoking a couple years ago now, gained 30lbs then started at a university. Between classes, I had a 3 hours break & also AWFUL parking so lots of walking around campus. I lost the 30lbs, graduated, took what should have been a great job but wasn't then got into a depressive funk after losing this job. Been looking for full-time employment in new career field since October & now pulling myself back together so I can get back to where I want to be: employed, pregnant & at a HEALTHY weight! DH & I are working on growing our own healthy foods, as they taste much better fresh! Glad to see I'm not alone in the overweight & older range!! Baby dust to us all!

I can definitely relate, I've gone through similar things, and I can say there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel! :cloud9:

Reesie, I'm the same age and weight! :)

Congrats LaShawnda and good luck Brie!!!

My O is hopefully coming up here soon if my second round of clomid worked! Fx'd!

HI, I am new to the site, but not new to ttc. my and my fiance' (8 more days till he is my husband!!!) have been ttc since oct 2010. We are both over weight and anticipated ttc trouble so we started early. it is nice to read post from other overweight women both with succes and troubles. lets you know you are not alone, and that it can happen even overweight. I have been trying to lose, but still tend to go up and down (up right now). I am active, and try to eat healthy, probably have a few to many chips but it is hard :) if any one has any tips for wieght loss, or just a buddy to ttc with look no further. :)

opps just read my last post and the end really didn't make sense. what i meant is... if any one has weight loss tips, or is interested in a friend for ttc i am looking for someone to chat with.

Im WTT because i am trying to loose at least 85 pounds before me and my OH start trying for a baby.
I heard alot of bad things about it too. (being over weight and trying to have a baby)
But scene ive been here i know that it must be possible due to all of y'all s story's.
-Im really excited about us having our first baby, & trying to loose this weight.
& yes it does seem almost impossible most of the time. i feel im not loosing it fast enough, but i am hoping by this time next year i will have the weight off.

I've been told that if you're overweight and TTC that losing only 10% of your weight can make a HUGE difference. However, I have also been told that if you're having regular monthly cycles that your weight is not affecting you chances. It's only if your cycles are not regular that the extra weight could be contributing to not conceiving. FYI, my SIL is probably 200-250 pounds overweight and have conceived 2 kids. So.....there's always hope!

I'm overweight too....not just butting in! :)

-Question those overweight and TTC, If your not sure when You may end up pregnant and end up that way, and haven't made it to your goal weight or a healthy weight and obviously not using protection... ?

:flower:

Hello, I was overweight with my daughter and we tried for a year before getting pregnant. It was a challenging road before during and after but only support got me through it. I am not someone who takes no for an answer and neither should you!

I have a friend in TV production in New York City who's casting for a show to tell our story. she needs women located in PA, NY, CT, DE, NY, MD who may be overweight (BMI 40+) and TTC or pregnant so the world can see big girls can have beautiful healthy babies.

If you live in those areas and are interested or know someone who may be interested let me know. I would love the world to see this show, something that will represent US!

:kiss:

Thats great news (on the baby front) ;-) So a show...that sounds cool and a good idea...I like in RI other wise I would help...and well I'm in a same sex relationship...so our journey is a bit different! Best of luck! :)

Hey Girls!
I'm new here and just wanted to pass along something that has helped me shed the pounds.

Go to Google and search for BMR (basal metabolic rate) Calculator. Enter in the information it asks for like your weight, height, and age. It will kick out your calories needed a day. Just stick to this and I promise you'll shed the pounds.

I know...I hate counting calories too BUT once you get an idea of the calories your favorite foods are, then you can kind of just keep track in your head and it's not so bad.

You'll probably notice on some of the calculators that it asks for your daily physical activity. I just ignore this because it's usually not accurate and if you stick to just the basic BMR calories/day you'll do just fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->