• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Overweight or obese and TTC?

Baestep, my pcos is the same as urs. No diet has ever worked b4 but iv been put on the cambridge diet, its authorised by the dctors, you start on 550 cals a day, which dont sound a lot but its in 3 replacement meals. Everyone would lose weight on it. So doc wants me to lose weight on that b4 givin me metformin.
xx

This time iv only been trying 3 wks.
Tryed for over a yr 2 yrs back, saw fertility doc etc, had scans tests, oh test,, everything done. but then stopped ttc n went on implant n then the pill, they no i dont ovulate so havin the meds now rather than a yr ago.
x

Ahh okay I get it now. :hugs:

xxx

Thanks for sharing that link babymaybe!!!!

Soooo

What size is everyone?
I'm a 2x 24

I'm in between sizes...between 24 and 26....Also hard to find clothes because I'm extremely long legged and extremely short torso and I'm only
5'7". My hip bones are only 6 inches from the bottom of my chest. So when wearing pants can anyone say "Urkel"? (reference to "Family Matters") I also have thick legs and thighs and disproportionate waist. Oh well...."I is what I is!" (Popeye)

****So what do you think****
I am 10 days late. BFN Monday 7/11/11 :wacko:. Swollen heavy boobs, itchy nips, slight lower left abdominal twinges (not really pain, but different) CM changes from watery to sticky randomly. I called the Women's Clinic and was going to schedule a blood test but they told me to wait it out for two more weeks. I'm not sure why, bc I feel as if I should be testing Positing POAS. I didn't temp and I didn't use OPK's, I went based on my CM and OV calculators. So I may not have O'd. UGH...the next 2WW is going to stress me:dohh:

Who has other kids and what weight were you when you conceived??

I have a daughter. With her I had lost a fair amount of weight and was at around 175lbs. I'm at around 220 now, I'm not sure with an exact, I dread the scale lol. Right now I'm in between sizes. I'm a US size 16 or an 18 depending on the manufacturer.

Have you POAS yet Fleur? It can't hurt to try. I don't know why they'd tell you to wait longer either if you are already late...doesn't make sense to me.

Have you POAS yet Fleur? It can't hurt to try. I don't know why they'd tell you to wait longer either if you are already late...doesn't make sense to me.

Yes..Monday I did and it was BFN. blah...This is the first time i have ever been this late. I sometimes am 1 or 2 days late but never 10 days...I don't know what to think

I'm a US 18/20. I've lost 4 pounds in the last week and a half just by eating little to no sugar, dairy, or gluten. Sometimes it helps if I give myself random strict rules like that. Besides, they say that too much dairy can affect CM.
I think I'm in the 'zone'...you know, when you have the right mindset and are focused? But I just keep injuring myself (two falls, one lifting something to heavy) which affects my ability to work out. Such a clutz! What is up with that?

I'm TTC #1, am on CD11...so just waiting to O...which I don't know if I will! I'm not regular...had to use clomid. Trying to stay positive.

Thank you for your stories and inspiration!

Yes..Monday I did and it was BFN. blah...This is the first time i have ever been this late. I sometimes am 1 or 2 days late but never 10 days...I don't know what to think

Fleur...:af: Just stay positive and test again in a few days!

Glowbug: I'm a 2x also and go from 22/24 US. I've lost 49 lbs and am stuck! I'm diabetic and was on Metformin for the majority of the weightloss. But, my Dr feels I have good control and took me off of the Metformin so I'm diet and exercise controlled now... but I'm not losing anything anymore. I've even kicked up the exercise and still nothing. :shrug:

I've got an OB/GYN appointment tomorrow because of missing/ irregular AF. I'm hoping she confirms my suspicion and her previous discussion that I may have PCOS. And hopefully she'll start me back on Metformin right away.

Well my pcos is caused by insulin resistance so basically without the metformin its impossible for me to lose any weight. May was actually the first gyn appt I had ever had. Im really happy with my dr. She's very understanding. :)
Same here hun... see above comments. :hugs: I'm glad you have a good dr. It sucks that some women know they have a problem but their dr's won't do anything until 6 months to a year of TTC with no luck!

Fluiedelis

Oh man! I was 12 days late for my period last month. It was torture

I thought. There is no way I'm not pregnant
But u wasnt. Just had an odd cycle. Lots of women on here have been super
Late lately. Don't know if that helps?! Probably not. Haha
Hugs. I know how terrible and annoying it is

Babymaybe. Good luck on your appointment. How long have you been TTC?
Have you asked them about chlomid???
My doc wants me to be on metformin for three months and if I don't get pregnant on that she wants me to take chlomid ....

BAESTEP22

I'm soooo glad you joined. It's so good for support. You're on three metformin a day??
I'm only on 2. .... That makes me want to up mine hahaahah!
Hugs! Hope we both get pregnant!

I hope ALL of us chubby ladies get sweet babies!!!
I declare this thread lucky
And BLESSED.  may we all get babies soon!!!!:baby::baby:

Hey, ladies. :) I'm enormous, and hoping to be back to TTC before too long. I have type 2 diabetes, and currently on insulin, which has made me gain a lot of weight that I did not have room to add. :( It's been rough recently, and I haven't had the heart to come around here, but I'm cautiously finding my way back. Going to see an endocrinologist on July 25th, so hopefully he will have some good tweaks to suggest for my med line-up.

Good luck to you all!
:dust:

Hello lovely ladies, can i join ur fab group :)

Im 25 and have a little girl whom i conceived 1st attempt..now however im ttc baby 2 and its not happening! This is our 3rd month of ttc, due for AF in about 5 days, dnt have any symptoms what so ever. Its starting to get me down fed up of seeing BFN's...

EdthedOg
Will you share your size? I know I would be encourages as well as others. Also how
Long did you try for and what do you think did the trick?

Thank you! :)

Okay I will share (gulp!) - I weighed in the high 20's (stones) when I got my BFP. I am tall so UK size 26-28.

TTC is hard enough without feeling bad about your size so please don't dwell on it. Of course if you're overweight, losing weight is always good for your health (and if you aren't ovulating at all then losing even a bit of weight can 'kick-start' everything) but I think us bigger girls are frightened in to thinking if you're overweight you will never be able to get pregnant and even if you do, you will have a terrible pregnancy and that is just not the case.

I am not advocating being my size when you conceive as its not something I am proud of, but just wanted to get the message out there that being overweight does not always mean a rough ride - my three friends who were pregnant at the same time as me had all sorts of problems and they're all tiny!

It took us 10 months to conceive but it took 9 months for my periods to get back down to 28 days after coming off cerazette. The month after they went back to 'normal' I fell preggers. I don't know what did the trick really - just keeping going I guess!

I weigh over 3 stone less than I did when I conceived and my attitude to food has completely changed (just don't have time to obsess about it now!) and it's coming off 1-2lbs per week without me even trying, so having my son has really sorted me out :)

As I said in my previous post, my pregnancy was complication-free (not even a bit of back-ache!).

So good luck and keep going - it will happen and when it does you won't care how long it took you!!

Big hugs xxx

Ladies,

Af decided to rear her ugly head this morning. I can't stop crying. The only time my period has ever been late like this was after my ankle surgery due to anesthesia.

:cry:

Fleur, you'll be okay! Take a deep breath and know this is just ONE MONTH. We move forward with hope! Once you get that BFP, all these other months won't matter because THAT spermy and THAT eggy that result in the precious child you will be mommy to will be exactly who was supposed to exist...and it wouldn't be exactly them if they were conceived in the earlier months.

Fleur, you'll be okay! Take a deep breath and know this is just ONE MONTH. We move forward with hope! Once you get that BFP, all these other months won't matter because THAT spermy and THAT eggy that result in the precious child you will be mommy to will be exactly who was supposed to exist...and it wouldn't be exactly them if they were conceived in the earlier months.

HappyCloud, Thank you for your inspiration :hug:

Ladies,

Af decided to rear her ugly head this morning. I can't stop crying. The only time my period has ever been late like this was after my ankle surgery due to anesthesia.

:cry:

chin up sweets x i knw its easier said than done. I still have 5 days til AF and just tested to get a BFN ..got no hope at all for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->