Overweight or obese and TTC?

Heaaay girls

How is everyone today??
TwinsFan dont be worrying we're all in the same boat and you should be encouraged that you've done so well!!! Damn girl that's a lot to lose! Welcome to the thread :)
Chocbunni your doctor yelled at you?? Are you serious?

Can i just add, being overweight does have more risks to yourself and the baby as you all know....but please remember this isnt in every case. i didnt have any problems what so ever when i was pregnant with my little girl and i'm mahoooosive lol

Keep positive ladies our time will come :)

xXx

Tia,

I used to work for an Ob/Gyn and he was such an inconsiderate prick. He would yell at his patients and it grated on every nerve of my body. Half of our patients were Single moms, with little to no income and on medicaid..They were scared and he made it worse. I eventually quit working for him bc he was such an ass. I asked him one time why he yelled, his reply "if they aren't smart enough to cross it or cover it, then they are too stupid to know any better." He was implying that single, low income women don't deserve babies and it irked me to NOOOOO end.

Heaaay girls

How is everyone today??
TwinsFan dont be worrying we're all in the same boat and you should be encouraged that you've done so well!!! Damn girl that's a lot to lose! Welcome to the thread :)
Chocbunni your doctor yelled at you?? Are you serious?

Can i just add, being overweight does have more risks to yourself and the baby as you all know....but please remember this isnt in every case. i didnt have any problems what so ever when i was pregnant with my little girl and i'm mahoooosive lol

Keep positive ladies our time will come :)

xXx

Tia,

I used to work for an Ob/Gyn and he was such an inconsiderate prick. He would yell at his patients and it grated on every nerve of my body. Half of our patients were Single moms, with little to no income and on medicaid..They were scared and he made it worse. I eventually quit working for him bc he was such an ass. I asked him one time why he yelled, his reply "if they aren't smart enough to cross it or cover it, then they are too stupid to know any better." He was implying that single, low income women don't deserve babies and it irked me to NOOOOO end.

Wow i guess since i'm single he'd yell at me... ROFL... oh well i'd just get a NEW Doctor! :) I work in the health field and I will take a doc with some personality over a prick any day!!!

Hey girls. How is everyone????
I'm cd 15 and am so so close to ovulating. My lines are getting dark. I'm on cd 15 today!!!!!
Omg! I did soy this cycle. I only ovulate half the time and last cycle I ovulated on cd 26!!
So I think I will most likely ovulate cd 17 or 18. Oh God I hope so
My PCOS makes me have multiple surges without actually ovulating!
But I have a good feeling about July :)

Wish me luck sweet girls!!!

Good Evening!

Thank you everyone for being so nice and to welcome me with open arms. Today was a good day.. I stuck to my diet and enjoyed a nice salad for dinner. Course....... doesn't mean I didn't have cravings. It's been 2 and a half months since I've had Coffee or pop and tonight was my worst time since I quit. I've never wanted a pop or coffee so bad in all my life. I'm trying to drink as much water as I can.... but I can't get past the bubbles.. or the slight bitter taste of coffee. Once I sleep I'll have dreams of a dancing pop can and coffee bean.. Lol.

On another note.. I tested for my ovulation and got a big fat O... no smile for me today. Here's crossing my fingers for tomorrow and the next day. I need to try and not stress over it, because if I do... I'll stress myself stupid and then it wont happen when it's supposed too.

Hope everyone is enjoying their night!!

- B

Good Evening!

Thank you everyone for being so nice and to welcome me with open arms. Today was a good day.. I stuck to my diet and enjoyed a nice salad for dinner. Course....... doesn't mean I didn't have cravings. It's been 2 and a half months since I've had Coffee or pop and tonight was my worst time since I quit. I've never wanted a pop or coffee so bad in all my life. I'm trying to drink as much water as I can.... but I can't get past the bubbles.. or the slight bitter taste of coffee. Once I sleep I'll have dreams of a dancing pop can and coffee bean.. Lol.

On another note.. I tested for my ovulation and got a big fat O... no smile for me today. Here's crossing my fingers for tomorrow and the next day. I need to try and not stress over it, because if I do... I'll stress myself stupid and then it wont happen when it's supposed too.

Hope everyone is enjoying their night!!

- B

Bless you hun! I know how hard dieting can be, a few years ago I lost 6 and a half stones (93.8 pounds) It wasnt that difficult to start with, but months in to my weight loss certain things just kept popping into my mind makeing me crave them like mad! Its not an easy thing to do, but I hope you can keep up the fantastic strenght youve had so far! It truley is so fantastic how much youve lost! Just remind your self why your doing this. At the time I lost my weight I was only loosing it cause I was tired of not being able to wear the closths I wanted too (didnt come in my size....) and thats what kept me dropping those pounds. Think about your goal of a little one, such a fantastic goal! I hope you can do this hun :hugs:

Heaaay TwinsFan i totally sympathize, i'm addicted to coke and the past month its piled the pounds on me but al i can thinka bout is coke and how i want it so badly lol
Good luck with it though darlin keep up with the willpower :)

FleurDaisy - that man is a total asshole....honestly i dont see how people can be so rude like that. Manners and being polite doesnt cost a think....w*nker grrrrr I dont blame u for quitting though, i think i would have.

GlowBug my fingers are crossed for you i hope this is your month :D

I need your opinions ladies.......my face today (6dpo) has TOTALLY broken out in spots....seriously its like my face has the plague or something.....and i normally get this like 3 days or so before my AF...which is now worrying me that i'm out this month...OR do you think it could be a hormone surge??? Please let me know what you think

I hope you are all well

xXx

yea in so many words the doctor yelled at me about my weight. i know if im not O'ing he will refuse to put me on any type of drug that will help O. as far as doctors and being single or low income, there will always be someone out there who doesnt agree with someones situation. if everybody waited until their life was picture perfect their would barely be people on this earth and for that matter everyone can not have glitter and gold when they have children. same things go for weight and health issues. im no preacher but really im sure everyone on this site doesnt have the 3-4 bedroom house, picket fence, 2-3 car garage and a car to fit them both, and make $200,000 combined.. yah right ok rant over :haha:

Omg! I got a smiley on cd 16. This is actually a miracle!!!!!

I got a smile today!! yay! hope everyone is having a great day.

Hope it's ok if I jump in here.

I'm 23, just started TTC with OH (22), current weight is.. 305. HORRIBLE. This is literally the heaviest I've ever been.

I'm supposed to be on Metformin- 1 pill 500mg x 2 daily. I haven't taken it in about a month as I didn't have it and then didn't know if I was pg or not (test on monday! excited!).

I have insulin resistance and PCOS.

If I'm not preggo now, I'll take the next year (until next summer) while OH is away finishing college in NY to lose weight (hoping to lose 100 lbs at least!).

hello ladies i would like to know if it is ok to join i am 28 years old and i weigh last time i was weighted was 290 lbs i have been prego before but lost all of the pregnancys total todate is 5 with a tubal i had all the testing and nothing was wrong at all so i dont know what to think every doctor i have been to except one said lose weight and you will have your baby that to me is bs cause i have a friend that is about 500 ibs and she has three healthy kids and a sail free pregnancy i know every women is different but i just feel like half a women for not being able to have a child good news is that i can get prego but i cant stay that way and with not getting alot of help from the doctors i feel asthough i am going to be childless for the rest of my life sometimes it is hard to get through the day it is also hard for me to lose weight i have tried everything even thought about surgery but it takes over 6 months to even get the surgery a friend of mind who was over 500 pounds but got the lapband who lost about 40 pounds which is good is prego now and she is 440!! pounds dont get me wrong she has two other children which she got prego at the highest weight i am very happy for her i really am sorry for the rant i am just tired of it all but i am not giving up from last year to know i have had irregular periods i went from four months of a nornal 31 day cycle to one period in feb and the last in june i dont know if i am late or if i even od yet i guess i will test and if bfn i will wait and then go to the doctor i am hopeing i am back on track and just late thanks for listening to me sorry if it is to long i just had alot inside to get out and it is nice to see ladies that are going thru the same thing to talk to

hello ladies i would like to know if it is ok to join i am 28 years old and i weigh last time i was weighted was 290 lbs i have been prego before but lost all of the pregnancys total todate is 5 with a tubal i had all the testing and nothing was wrong at all so i dont know what to think every doctor i have been to except one said lose weight and you will have your baby that to me is bs cause i have a friend that is about 500 ibs and she has three healthy kids and a sail free pregnancy i know every women is different but i just feel like half a women for not being able to have a child good news is that i can get prego but i cant stay that way and with not getting alot of help from the doctors i feel asthough i am going to be childless for the rest of my life sometimes it is hard to get through the day it is also hard for me to lose weight i have tried everything even thought about surgery but it takes over 6 months to even get the surgery a friend of mind who was over 500 pounds but got the lapband who lost about 40 pounds which is good is prego now and she is 440!! pounds dont get me wrong she has two other children which she got prego at the highest weight i am very happy for her i really am sorry for the rant i am just tired of it all but i am not giving up from last year to know i have had irregular periods i went from four months of a nornal 31 day cycle to one period in feb and the last in june i dont know if i am late or if i even od yet i guess i will test and if bfn i will wait and then go to the doctor i am hopeing i am back on track and just late thanks for listening to me sorry if it is to long i just had alot inside to get out and it is nice to see ladies that are going thru the same thing to talk to

Welcome :flower: :hugs: for your losses... Has your doctor done any bloodwork to figure out why you're having recurrent miscarriages? I've read a few stories on bnb where it was progesterone and thyroid related... which are simple blood tests the doctor can do. I hope your doctor can figure it out!

Very sorry bout ur m/c's
Im sure ur go full term soon enough, n jus think how special that child will b.
Gd luck for ur bfp
xx

just jumpin to say good luck to all of us ttc and overweight/obese... its hard but we wil get there in the end here's to our :bfp:'s soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Heaaay ladies
Welcome to the new girlies to the thread my fingers are crossed for you i really hope this is yours (and mine lol) month :)

How is everyone this evening?

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back