Overweight or obese and TTC?

Babymaybe. Good luck on your appointment. How long have you been TTC?
Have you asked them about chlomid???
My doc wants me to be on metformin for three months and if I don't get pregnant on that she wants me to take chlomid ....

Thanks and I'm actually sneaking over from WTT at the moment. I start trying in August... it will give me a due date after graduation from nursing school! My dr has already mentioned that I probably have PCOS but she didn't want to discuss it further until I started TTC.

So my appointment is today and I'm going crazy waiting for it. I've been on metformin for my diabetes but I'm diet and exercise controlled now so I'm no longer on anything (except prenatals). I hope she will put me back on metformin because once I stopped taking it I stopped losing weight as well. I've been kind of stuck at having lost 49 lbs.

My blood sugars are fine my A1C was 5.4 (well within normal limits) at my last appointment and the lowest it's been since diagnosed. I'm just hoping she's going to be proactive about me TTC. She's also mentioned that she may put me on Provera to get my cycles straightened out. But Provera is known to affect blood sugars, which again brings me back to the need for metformin again... And as far as the Clomid goes I've already done the research and have a ton of questions to ask her :haha: I will ask for Femara though instead of Clomid because from what I've read Femara has less side effects and my insurance will cover it and not Clomid.

I've got a huge list of questions with more questions based on her responses. I'm literally going crazy waiting for this appointment! I feel like my future is in her hands and it's sooo unfair!!! :wacko:

Sorry for the long rant...:blush:

Ladies,

Af decided to rear her ugly head this morning. I can't stop crying. The only time my period has ever been late like this was after my ankle surgery due to anesthesia.

:cry:

chin up sweets x i knw its easier said than done. I still have 5 days til AF and just tested to get a BFN ..got no hope at all for me.

You too...you aren't out, it may still be early!!! I'll be pulling for you!!:hug:

I couldn't wait and decided to test again this morning at 5 days late.... still a BFN :( I'm not usually this late. IDK what is going on. Starting to doubt my body. Oh and to boot I just found out that i'm losing my job of 7 yrs next friday because my company went bankrupt... ummm now my AF will never come and it is STRESS related. I was stress free before today. I'm on the verge of crying.

I couldn't wait and decided to test again this morning at 5 days late.... still a BFN :( I'm not usually this late. IDK what is going on. Starting to doubt my body. Oh and to boot I just found out that i'm losing my job of 7 yrs next friday because my company went bankrupt... ummm now my AF will never come and it is STRESS related. I was stress free before today. I'm on the verge of crying.

:hug::hugs2::hug:

Angel,

there are a few companies here in Texas that are going bankrupt as well. I will definitely be thinking about you in the next coming days.. I pray for peace

Angel,

there are a few companies here in Texas that are going bankrupt as well. I will definitely be thinking about you in the next coming days.. I pray for peace

it's awful the economy is crazy. And I work in medical so that's what is so shocking to me. :(

Angeltk42 i'm sorry for how your days been going. The only way is up though :) just need to remember that. Keep smilin hun.

Fleur i'm sorry the AF got you that sucks, there's always next month *hugs*

xXx

anyone online ? what are u ladies upto ?

ive just pigged out ate everything apart from the house LOL just feeling a little low today but this site helps so much

Hey ladies! I've finally made it back from my appointment and I made a journal entry to explain how it went...

Link to my appointment info!

Heaaay babymaybe - i read ure journal and it sounds positive right? I mean, sounds like the doctor is getting things moving along :)

Heaay Laraa i'm around - i should be doing soemthing else but sod it lol Ive pigged out too i had a takeaway and a litre of coke - and tomorrow im gonna complain cos im fat lol

I hope you are both well :)
xXx

Heaaay babymaybe - i read ure journal and it sounds positive right? I mean, sounds like the doctor is getting things moving along :)

Heaay Laraa i'm around - i should be doing soemthing else but sod it lol Ive pigged out too i had a takeaway and a litre of coke - and tomorrow im gonna complain cos im fat lol

I hope you are both well :)
xXx

Yes I'm very excited after today! I've been really nervous and unsure what to expect and everything turned out better than expected! I'm just so glad she's proactive! :yipee:

Aw it must be a big relief for you, you should keep us informed of how it goes i really hope it works out for you :)

xXx

Good Evening Everyone...

My partner thought it might be good for me to join this thread. I'm 27 almost 28 and weigh 269 pounds, So far in the last 2 years I've lost 141 pounds. I've been feeling really down these last few weeks due to I have hit the oh so hated plateau. I've not lost anything and seem to be staying the same no matter how healthy I eat. I am finding it really hard to get off my "lazy butt" and go work out.. go do something active (which doesn't include running errands or running around town...) My work has me super stressed and I know that stress has a serious factor on weight loss. I guess what I'm getting to is I'm just plain scared. I have 2 months to get to a "good" weight so that I'm not freaking out the entire pregnancy about GD and HBP.

I feel like (and my partner will tell me this isn't so.......) but I feel like I will be letting her, myself and our future children down if I can't get pregnant right away... It will come down to.. the "I'M TO FAT" comments from myself or my family if I can't get pregnant right away. (my partner just told me to add that she wouldn't ever say that..) Just looking for some kind words and maybe a buddy that can keep me on track. I've got 2 months left before TTC...

Hope everyone doesn't mind my ramble.. Enjoy your day.

- B

Welcome twinsfan!
I'm new to the ttc world too...have planned on starting this summer for a while and I wish I had been more proactive about doing the research and preparing my body sooner! But all I did was PUT ON weight! So now I think I'm in the mindset. But I'm afraid of the possible difficulties in being pregnant too and all of us on this thread know that fear of being judged or wondering if friends or partners, secretly in their head, even if they tell us otherwise, think we're going to be hot messes when we're pregnant.
But I've read a lot of positive stories over the last week about overweight women carrying their babies and giving birth and everything went fine!
Don't give up just because you've hit a plateau! Wow, great job on all you've lost so far, that is AWESOME!
When it comes time to try I would suggest low sugar, low dairy (make cervical fluid too thick), and no caffeine. And drink lots of water!
Glad to have you here with us!

Good Evening Everyone...

My partner thought it might be good for me to join this thread. I'm 27 almost 28 and weigh 269 pounds, So far in the last 2 years I've lost 141 pounds. I've been feeling really down these last few weeks due to I have hit the oh so hated plateau. I've not lost anything and seem to be staying the same no matter how healthy I eat. I am finding it really hard to get off my "lazy butt" and go work out.. go do something active (which doesn't include running errands or running around town...) My work has me super stressed and I know that stress has a serious factor on weight loss. I guess what I'm getting to is I'm just plain scared. I have 2 months to get to a "good" weight so that I'm not freaking out the entire pregnancy about GD and HBP.

I feel like (and my partner will tell me this isn't so.......) but I feel like I will be letting her, myself and our future children down if I can't get pregnant right away... It will come down to.. the "I'M TO FAT" comments from myself or my family if I can't get pregnant right away. (my partner just told me to add that she wouldn't ever say that..) Just looking for some kind words and maybe a buddy that can keep me on track. I've got 2 months left before TTC...

- B

TwinsFan: The fact that you lost 141 pounds is amazing in and of itself. You should be uber proud of that. Obviously your OH supports you 100% and in knowing that, you should be confident. This wonderful group of women has helped me tremendously in the few days that I've joined. I can't believe that I was going about this journey without these ladies. We are here for you and your partner..

PS...we don't mind the rambling, it makes us all feel better bc we all do it!!!

Good Luck hun and don't be so down on yourself!!!

:hugs:

Good Evening Everyone...

- B

That is sooo awesome... i'm down 22lbs and feeling great... only a million more to go!! :) but i decided to lose and TTC at the same time. Because my weightloss goal was way to big to wait the amount of time it would take. :)
Goodluck!!

Ok Ladies,

this site has probably already been posted, but I figured it was a good enough read to post again. It reaffirmed that we all are going to be beautiful moms/mums.

https://www.yourplussizepregnancy.com/pregnancy_feeling.shtml:thumbup:

Oh good luck to all of us trying to lose weight and :dust: of course!!!

I'm so sorry to hear of all the negative weight related comments. It's a shame that people are just so cruel. :hugs:

Good Evening Everyone...

- B

oh wow congrats on the extreme weightloss. im in dire need of losing about 100 lbs. i lost 2 the past week :haha: but i was under the weather. im trying to lose 10 more before my doc appt which is exactly 8 weeks from now. the doctor yelled at me so i think i need to do it since i do have hbp, and also i think its a possible reason for irregular cycles... FX for both of us to get BFP!!

Heaaay girls

How is everyone today??
TwinsFan dont be worrying we're all in the same boat and you should be encouraged that you've done so well!!! Damn girl that's a lot to lose! Welcome to the thread :)
Chocbunni your doctor yelled at you?? Are you serious?

Can i just add, being overweight does have more risks to yourself and the baby as you all know....but please remember this isnt in every case. i didnt have any problems what so ever when i was pregnant with my little girl and i'm mahoooosive lol

Keep positive ladies our time will come :)

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"