Ovulating 29/30/31 May? Looking for a TWW buddy? *6 BFPs

Thanks, Ruby. I hope so too! Unless baby decides to come tonight, I'll make it to 37 weeks, because even if I go into labor tomorrow, baby won't be born until after midnight the next day (since that's when my contractions tend to really get going). So at least that will be cool. :flower:

Thanks Ruby, but nothing here. We did lots of walking yesterday and it makes my back ache but that's about it.

Spiffy it would be great to get to 37! That's all I wanted too. You've done well to cook him as long as you have! X

Well, no baby last night, which means I'll for sure make it to 37 weeks! :happydance: I know it sounds silly, but I'm looking forward to being able to take a 37 week bump pic, since I've never done one before. I only made it to 37 weeks with DD, and since she was my first, I thought for sure I'd be taking a 40 week pic, so the last one I got with her was 36 weeks. :flower:

Ganton, since you've held out this long, you should just wait until I get induced, and then our babies can share a birthday. :haha:

I think the chances could be quite high, Spiffy. I'm hopeful that a sweep would work well for me but my appointment isn't until 4pm so could push delivery to the next morning if it isn't quite as effective as last time. And I'm assuming you'd go quite quickly once your waters are broken so we'll have to see what Thursday brings :)

I was hoping for tonight though, as my husband is off work tomorrow and it just seems like a good time now. My community midwife called me this afternoon to let me know that she is first on call tonight for home births so to just call her directly if needed. I'd still rather head to hospital but if I did end up with a home birth, it would be nice if the midwife that has seen me throughout all three pregnancies and I briefly saw in labour with each of my boys actually ends up delivering this baby.

Ganton, I wish these babies understood that certain days would be more convenient for us. :dohh:

Ruby, I haven't mentioned it, but ever since you told me about Charlie's shoulder dystocia, I've been starting to worry about that happening to me. What if my body can't handle bigger babies, either? What if that's why my boys came when they did, and the only reason my daughter stayed in until 38 weeks was because she was growth restricted and tiny? What if by doing these progesterone shots, I've forced my body to carry this baby longer than I should have? I'm sure I'm just worrying over nothing, but the fact is, part of the reason labor hasn't started on it's own is that baby won't engage in my pelvis and put pressure on my cervix, and so now I wonder if it's because he's getting too big to do that. I've never had a 7lb baby, so I have no idea if I can even birth one easily. :shrug: I probably just have to much time laying awake at night with contractions to think about this, but it's been playing on my mind.

But hey, in other news, we made it. 37 weeks. :flower:

Thanks for the tips ladies. I definitely suspect that the problem is a bad case of trapped wind. Poor little guy can cry for hours. I've been doing many of the things that you have suggested, including the bicycle legs, lots of burping, swinging in our arms, baby massages, and tapping on his back and bum. It doesn't always make him stop crying, but it seems to help at least some of the time. When the discomfort hits it's hard on all of us, and I'm currently contemplating trying one of those over the counter solutions (gripe water, ovol etc... ), just so we all get a bit more sleep. Also, that purple crying site was very interesting. Thanks for sharing Ruby!

Spiffy and Ganton... you're so close! I keep looking in here to see if there is any baby news. Very exciting! More babies very soon.

Ganton, I totally understand your wanting baby to come at a more convenient time. With Felix, DH was off for a week during March, and we hoped that LO would come then since DH only gets 3 days off work for paternity and this way he could have been off for a week. Turns out baby came on the Sunday afternoon before he was set to return to work. Babies really do have their own schedule... so I hope yours works with your desired schedule a bit more.

Spiffy... I'm sure it's fine and your body can handle the size of this baby. How do you know he's a 7lbs baby? Is it based on an ultrasound? Those can be woefully inaccurate. Two weeks before Felix was born I had an ultrasound that suggested he was already 7lbs 14oz. I was scared at the idea of him coming out a few weeks later and being 10 lbs. Turns out he came out at a respectable 8lbs 1oz (at 39 weeks 4 days), so the ultrasound was wrong. You can do it!

Chrissy, I'm glad the tips the other ladies shared seem to be helping a bit, but I agree, if an over the counter solution can help even more, then it's worth a try. Also, you might want to consider a chiropractic adjustment, since birth can mess up the alignment of their spine sometimes, which can cause all sort of discomforts for them.

As for me, I don't know if he'll be 7lbs, but based on the fact that he weighed about as much as DS1 and DS2 at 32 weeks, and DS1 was born at 36+6 and weighed 6lbs 11oz, and DS2 came at 35+0 and weighed 5lbs 10oz, I'm guessing that this baby, born at 37+3 (or 37+4 depending on when they get me in for my induction) should hit the 7lb mark. But I don't know that for certain, obviously. And like I said, I'm sure my body will do fine, but we always have something crazy that we worry about, right?

Oh, and here it is, my first ever 37 week bump pic!

Attachments

• 37 weeks #4.jpg
    37 weeks #4.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 0
Chrissy, I'm glad some of the tips are helping but it's definitely worth trying some of the over the counter aids if he's still suffering.

Spiffy, congrats on reaching 37 weeks. It's great that you've managed to get a bump pic at this stage. I need to remember to keep taking them as I don't think I've got pictures from the last couple of weeks of my pregnancies with my boys.

I can understand your concern over potential delivery problems, but the chances are that the baby just isn't engaging because it's your 4th. I was told that my baby hasn't engaged properly last week but that it's completely normal for a 3rd pregnancy. I still worry about the size thing too, though.

Ad you've probably guessed, the baby didn't take any notice of the fact that last night would have been a good time to arrive! I was starting to get a little excited about an hour a go as I had some mild period pain. There was no associated tightening or any pattern to the crampy feelings, but it's the first time I've had any sort of contraction type discomfort. It eased off after 15 minutes though and I've been for a 20 minute walk since and nothing had restarted so I must just have been sitting a bit funny. It's strange how we get excited about a bit of pain at this stage.

It's funny, because I know subsequent babies can wait until labor to engage, but my last two were both engaged pretty early, so I guess I just expected that to be the case this time, too. Well, I'm going to ask my OB about all this on Wednesday, but until then, I'll try not to worry about it. :flower:

The period cramping sounds like a good sign that your body is starting to think about labor, at least! And yes, it's so true that pain is exciting at this point. :haha:

Chrissy, I hope Felix gets relief from his gas soon! I've notice Charlie is getting better at burping the last couple of weeks since he has been having more awake time on his mat etc.

Excitedly awaiting baby news from you both, Ganton and Spiffy!!

Spiffy, I'm sure you will be fine but it is scary to think of a big baby when you are not used to it and unsure how your body will cope!

Well, watch this space Ruby. It's 7am here and I've been at the hospital since 5am as my waters went when I got up to resettle DS1. No significant pains yet, just the odd tightening and I can feel the baby pushing down more when I walk. They're going to keep me in for a couple of hours to see if anything starts properly, otherwise send me home for the rest of the day.

Eeeek that's exciting Ganton!! Can't wait to hear your little man/ lady has arrived happy and healthy! I hope your labour goes well xxx:hugs:

Ganton! So exciting! Good luck! I hope your labour goes really smoothly and it's not long till you're cuddling that little bundle tightly in your arms.

Thank you. While I've had chance, I thought I may as we'll take what is probably going to be my last ever bump photo.

Still no contractions but I feel like enough wall akin should get something moving. Hopefully......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 0
Such a cute bump Ganton! Very compact! You still look like you are carrying high! Take care x

Still no contractions so we've decided to come home. I need to go back in first thing in the morning to be induced if nothing else happens in the meantime. We're going to see the boys for an hour or so, then get a bit of rest, then try more walking this afternoon to see if that helps.

Who are your boys staying with?
I hope things progress after your walk! Maybe eat a spicy curry too 😝

So after a shower, lunch and a nap, I went for a walk to the village with hubby. I had the odd contraction that I had to stop for but nothing consisten or very long lasting. When I got home, I tried monitoring them a bit more and I was getting something every few minutes but varying massively in intensity. We decided to head back to hospital at 4pm, got in the pool at 5.15pm after a bit of monitoring, and my yellow bump turned pink at 5.45pm!

EEEEEEE!!! Congrats Ganton on your little girl! That is so exciting! :happydance::pink: :happydance:

I hope your labour went well and that both you and your little bundle of joy are both perfectly healthy and well. I look forward to reading all about it!

Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->