Ovulating 29/30/31 May? Looking for a TWW buddy? *6 BFPs

Ganton such an amazing and quick birth story! And huge CONGRATULATIONS on your pink little bundle!!! Has she got a name yet?

Eeeeek! Congratualtions, Ganton!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: And wow, a little girl! And here we were, all expecting it to be a boy! I can't wait to hear more!

Congrats Ganton! A beautiful little girl! Hope are recovering well! Looking forward to hearing her name xxx

Squirrel, what's going on in London? On the news it said it was snowing! Isn't supposed to be spring 😝

We have called our little girl Erica. She was 8lb6oz, so a fair bit smaller than her brothers in the end.

My updates throughout the day probably gave most of the story, but here's a slightly more detailed birth story:

Waters broke at 3.30am so we headed to hospital for about 5am. I had one decent contraction when we arrived so thought things were starting. I was checked over and it was confirmed that my waters had gone but my cervix wasn't yet dilated so we could go home or go for a walk. We did multiple trips up and down the hospital corridors until 10am, but I was getting nothing more than a few painless tightenings and a bit of pink mucous, so we then decided to head home for a bit of rest.

We saw the boys, had showers, ate lunch and had a nap until about 1.30, then went for a walk to the village. On the walk and when I returned, I had the odd pain that I had to stop and breath through a bit, but probably only 4-5 times per hour. However, those strong pains seemed to happen regardless of whether I was sitting, standing or lying down so I felt that things could start progressing. At 3pm, I decided to stay on my feet and monitor things more closely and realised that some contractions were about 3 minutes apart but the intensity and timing was very inconsistent. We decided to head back to hospital anyway before rush hour, and arrived at 4.15. After doing routine checks, the midwife felt that the baby's heartrate was on the higher side of normal so hooked me up to the continuos monitors from 4.30-5pm. During that half hour, the contractions really ramped up in frequency and intensity and I was assessed at 6cm when the monitoring finished. I tried to walk to the pool room but it took me 10 minutes just to get off the bed and out of the door because every movement triggered another contraction, so I was taken by wheelchair in the end. The pool was ready around 5.15, so after spending ages trying to get undressed and walk a few metres from chair to pool, I got in. I started getting a bit of a pushing urge as soon as I was in, but tried to breath through a few contractions, then my body just started taking over. It probably took 5 contractions to push her head dibs and out, then one more for her to be fully born.

I sat in the pool for a few minutes, then started to move to get out once it was emptied. I thought I was going to deliver the placenta as I stood up, but actually delivered some quite significant clots. The midwife pulled the cord for assistance and got me on the bed to get the placenta out asap. Luckily, the bleeding calmed down quickly and, aside from one more clot that they weren't worried about, it's been ok since. I just hope it stays that way.

I had a very small superficial tear that didn't require stitches, and apparently Erica had a true knot on her cord so we were lucky that that didn't cause her any issues, but she seems absolutely fine.

It's 3am now and I've not had much sleep, but that's due to a combination of afterpains, and general ward noise, rather than just settling Erica. She's feeding well but seemed to be trying to bring something back up when lay in her crib for a while, but is much more settled when I hold her more upright and cuddle her.

Wow she didn't take many pushes to come! Lucky you! Enjoy your cuddles with your little princess! X

Ganton, what an amazing birth story! Erica is a lovely name. :flower: Are you and DH just over the moon to have a daughter? :cloud9:

Well, I just got back from my OB appointment, and everyting is set for my induction tomorrow. I'm #2 on the medically indicated induction list (so I get preference over the elective inductions) so it should be sometime in the morning. They said to be ready by 6am and then I'll get a call as soon as a bed and a nurse are available. I never thought I'd ever need to be induced, but I have to say, it's sooooo convenient! We already have child care set up for tomorrow, DH has let his work know that he'll be off starting tomorrow, and I'll be laboring during the day, instead of the night for the first time, so I won't lose a night of sleep! :flower:

I would never have thought you would have lasted this long either Spiffy!! But so convenient haha! You have even lasted longer than I did! Good luck! I'm sure things will go nice and smoothly xxx

Ooh, that's exciting Spiffy. I hope everything goes nice and smoothly for you. I thought you'd end up delivering before me, but 2 days apart isn't much.

DH said after she was born that he's really pleased we now have a girl. When pregnant, I thought I was having a girl and that would preference would have been a girl, but I didn't admit or think about it too much because I knew it was out of our hands, and another joy would also have been an absolute blessing. Now that she's here, it's a little bit strange to be honest. I'm used to my boys and I don't know how things will change with a little girl in the family. Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon, but I felt so overwhelmed with different emotions on Tuesday evening (guilt, relief, tiredness, joy) that I just didn't know what to make of it all. Now that my boys have met her and have been great with her, the guilt has eased a lot and I'm feeling more excited about seeing my three children grow together.

Ganton, I'm glad you and your DH are happy and your family feels complete. Your daughter will be lucky to have two older brothers watching out for her. :flower:

So I'm at the hospital and they've just started pitocin, and as soon as my doctor is free, she'll come break my water. After two weeks of wondering, I'm just happy that its happening for real this time! :D

Wow, how exciting Spiffy. I reckon breaking your waters should really help to get things moving for you.

Beautiful name Ganton and wow, she came so quickly. Sounds like a dream labour/birth!

Spiffy: good luck!! Can't wait to hear about the arrival of your little one!!!

I can't believe this time tomorrow you'll all have had your babies!

Baby Levi was born at 12:55pm, so about 4 hours after they started my labor. He weighed 6lbs 10oz and was 19.75in long. Both he and I are doing great! :flower:

13086734_10101407205391188_255412950788024321_o.jpg

Congrats Spiffy! Levi is gorgeous! I hope you are feeling well too xxx

Thanks, Ruby. I'm feeling pretty good, just the usual after-birth crampiness.

So here's the official birth story now that I've had some time to type it up. :flower:

At 6am we got a call to come into the hospital at 7:15am. After we got there, it took until 8:30am for them to finally start the induction. They got Pitocin going, and then fifteen minutes later, a doctor came in to break my water. When she checked me, I was still 4cm, but my effacement had gone from 60% yesterday, to 70-80% and baby had moved from -3 station to -1, which was amazing, considering I'd only been on the Pitocin for 15 minutes. So after that, we waited until 9:30am, and then I asked them to check me again so I could see if I was ready for an epidural (I wanted to be 5 or 6cm before getting it). They said I was 5cm, so I told them to give me another half hour and then send for the anesthesiologist (he was going to be out of commission from 11-12pm for a few C-sections, so I wanted to get him before then).

I had a friend there at the hospital with me doing birth photography to help build up her portfolio, but she had a busy day and couldn't stay for too long, so when they checked me again at 11:30am and I was still 5cm, I was a little discouraged. I always tend to stall for a little while during labor, so I should have expected it, but I was afraid my friend wouldn't be there for the actual birth. So when they checked me again 1 hour later and I was 10cm, I was both shocked and pleased. I've never dilated 5cm in one hour before, so that was pretty cool. After that, they got my doctor and had me start pushing, and with the second contraction, he was out. I got a small 1st degree tear, but it only needed 1 stitch. So in the end, my friend was able to get some great pictures of little Levi (including that cute picture I posted earlier). I was crossing my fingers that he'd weigh 7lbs, since we've never had a baby that big before, but alas, only 6lbs 10oz. But he's healthy as can be, so we're happy. :flower:

That's great Spiffy! I'm glad you are both doing well! I bet you kids are excited to meet him!!

Congratulations Spiffy! What a beautiful little boy! And what a quick labour!

Congratulations, Spiffy. He's gorgeous and I'm pleased to hear that everything went smoothly and you're all well.

Congrats Spiffy, he's absolutely adorable!

I'm happy for you that it was a relatively smooth and quick labour. Your other kiddos must be so happy to have a new little brother!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->