Ovulation temps (Please help me decifer this!)

MummaBear16

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am new to temping and I am waiting to ovulate! My question is, if you look at my chart.. does it look like I have ovulated yet? Not sure if I have.. I thought I read somewhere that the temps post ovulation have to be higher than the previous 6 temps.. which would mean I haven't yet.. or is it possible since my temp has risen two days in a row so far after taking quite a dip?

I know I need to wait and find out! I thought I felt O pains yesterday, which were the same as last cycle but on the other side.. So i hope it happens soon, if not already.

Thanks for any help.. I am worried since it's already cd 22!

Hi ladies,

I am new to am worried nd I am waiting to ovulate! My question is, if you look at my chart.. does it look like I have ovulated yet? Not sure if I have.. I thought I read somewhere that the temps post ovulation have to be higher than the previous 6 temps.. which would mean I haven't yet.. or is it possible since my temp has risen two days in a row so far after taking quite a dip?

I know I need to wait and find out! I thought I felt o pains yesterday, which were the same as last cycle but on the other side.. So i hope it happens soon, if not already.

Thanks for any help.. I am worried since it's already cd 22!

Hi!

From your temps it does not look like you've ovulated yet :( sorry i know how frustrating it is, I had a similar cycle last month and only ovulated on cd 24!! and then af showed on cd 31.. so really crappy cycle.

Have you tried using opk's?

I didn't get a positive opk last cycle, and kind of gave up on them this cycle because I am trying to drink more to encourage CM, and found it hard to have a 3 hour hold and not drink much while waiting to take an opk! Was kind of contradicting myself lol.

I will see what my temp does tomorrow, and if it doesn't rise I may start trying them again. Luckily, I am not ttc until next cycle, but it's frustrating because the longer this cycle takes, the longer I have to wait to start ttc! I just hope my cycles is more ideal next month. Now I won't have any idea when to DTD next cycle :shrug:

You inspired me to do an opk j1405! It's so close to positive! This is the darkest one I've had!

Attachments

• 20151211_204104.jpg
    20151211_204104.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 13
Wow, 35.4 degrees? Do you temp orally? The temp wouldn't be low for vaginal temping, but seems on the low end for oral temping. Maybe you were breathing through your mouth and it skewed your temps a bit?

Overall, I'd agree that your chart doesn't look like you've ovulated yet this month. Just keep temping and keeping track. I don't know if it's the holidays coming or what, but it seems like a lot of ladies have had a delayed cycle this round. I know I was 5 days late myself to O after being consistent in the past. OPKs do help a ton; you should do another tomorrow and it might be positive!

Yes, that temp shocked me a bit! I'm temping orally, and my throat has been pretty dry in the mornings, so I think that has something to do with it. It's getting ridiculous! I was excited seeing my temp this morning, but now looking at it I still don't think it's high enough! I did temp about 40 mins earlier than usual, but will the chart recognise that if my temp rises two more days?

I'm glad you decided to take the opk and that it was almost positive! I see ff gave you crosshairs :) I'm positive that next month will look much better for you and that you will have a better idea as to when you ovulate and to time bd best.

Alternatively you can do the every second day method until you get a positive opk or if you do not get one, you will still have a pretty good chance bd'ing every second day!!

I have slow rising temps this month but i'm hopeful! We got bd just right!

Thank you :) that sounds like a good plan of action! I'm still not certain I did ovulate, as my temps aren't much higher! But cm has changed to sticky, so I guess I'll see if af turns up on 13dpo. What a stressful cycle! Lol

So FF has given me crosshairs, but I still don't think it should say I have ovulated! I feel like I have, based on my cm being stretchy for ages, and now it has finally gone to sticky.. So if it wasn't for my temps I would assume I had O'd. I don't know what to think! Why has FF given me crosshairs if my temps haven't risen enough? Last month, although I stared temping mid cycle, the shift was obvious and my LP was normal.. I am worried I won't ovulate this cycle or it will be so delayed that it will throw my ttc off next month!

Does anyone know how to explain this? Any help appreciated! :flower:

So FF has given me crosshairs, but I still don't think it should say I have ovulated! I feel like I have, based on my cm being stretchy for ages, and now it has finally gone to sticky.. So if it wasn't for my temps I would assume I had O'd. I don't know what to think! Why has FF given me crosshairs if my temps haven't risen enough? Last month, although I stared temping mid cycle, the shift was obvious and my LP was normal.. I am worried I won't ovulate this cycle or it will be so delayed that it will throw my ttc off next month!

Does anyone know how to explain this? Any help appreciated! :flower:

Wel your temp should rise higher than your last 6 temps and stay elevated for at least 3 days so thats why it gave you crosshairs. Each cycle is different from the previous.

Like i said before as well, last month I had a very weird cycle where I only ovulated (according to ff) on cd 24 and 8 days later AF showed up. So my whole cycle was a mess with a very short lutheal phase.

This month however, I ovulated on cd 15 and my temps are normal and not all over the place like it was last month. So one month does not necessarily affect the next month unless you have a condition like Endometriosis or PCOS.

Each month has the potential to be a great month to get pregnant.. its normal to have an odd month every now and then.

Thank you :) I was wondering because my temp hasn't risen above the previous 6 temps, there is one temp on cd18 that is as high as my "rise", so I thought it was strange! Does "as high as" count as well?

I also think I am a tad annoyed this cycle is a bit messed up because it's only my second natural cycle (off birth control) in nearly 7 years, and it's just thrown me off a bit! You have given me hope that, fx, next cycle will be back to normal!

You had quite a few temps below cover line before the temp rose again and your temp stayed elevated so unless it dips below cover line for more than 2 consecutive days, i'd say ff is right.

You have to give yourself some time for your cycles to normalise after birth control. Nothing wrong with ttc anyways but its normal for cycles to be a bit weird for quite a few months after coming of bc.

I was off bc for 6 months - NTNP - and I did not get pregnant. My cycles ranged from 25 days to 31 days in that time so it just shows bc affects your cycles quite a bit. Only now on month 8 after bc my cycle is relatively normal and I do hope we get lucky this month with a bfp!

Do you know if you get the vitamin "Pregnacare Conception" in Australia? Its made by Vitabiotics.

The previous time I got pregnant with my son, was the first month I took them. I'm taking them again from this month and i'm hoping for success again. Its a great pre-conception vitamin to drink if you want to consider it.

Read this online about a study done : https://www.independent.ie/incoming...omen-get-pregnant-study-reveals-26797949.html

Thank you for all of your help, I really do appreciate it! This iss all new territory to me, as my son wasn't planned, so ttc and tracking is all new! :) I am not sure about pregnacare conception, I will have to have a look for it! Thank you, you've eased my mind that I have ovulated. My temps have risen a bit more today, so it is all looking good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->