Packing hospital bag for partner?

cupcakekate

Cooking baby #3 :)
Reaction score
Lots of lists for hospital bags I've seen include a change of clothes etc for your partner aswell, I never did this with my first labour so wondering whether I should this time? My hubby didn't stay over but thinking about it I was in labour a long time and maybe a fresh tshirt and some other bits would have been nice for him. Who is packing for their partner and what are you packing?

I was going to pack something for OH but he keeps swearing that he doesn't need anything, even when I remind him it is a minimum 24 hour stay for me, he says that he doesn't care about having a change of clothes. So i'll just be pack necessities, toothbrush toothpaste, deodorant, maybe some snacks.

I'll be packing a bag for dh. So far, thinking about change of top, deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste, snacks, change for vending machines etc, book/kindle/magazine, sudoku book (he needs entertaining bless!!), the camera will go in his bag........can't think of anything else at the minute, but there's probably more!!

I think some of the lists that include clothes for partner are for US women, as our husbands can stay with us at the hospital the whole time. If he wasn't staying with me, I wouldn't see a need.

If we have a long labour they will be able to stay with us, though, won't they? If you labour and are then transferred to a ward during morning they will be able to stay until that evening?

with my first our hospital was less than 2 minutes from my house so hubby went home to shower and change..this time the hospital is about 15 minutes away but i told him i only want him to stay with me until the baby is born then i want him to be home with our daughter because i dont really feel comfortable with her being with anyone else for long periods of time. so i'm not worried about packing anything for him..if hes going to stay for awhile it wouldnt hurt to through in an extra shirt and deodorant for him in case he changes his mind

My hospital don't let anyone else stay. I've packed dh some energy drinks and plan to stick some snacks in. Didn't need anything last time.

Hoping to be in and out quickly this time!

If my planned section goes ahead if baby is still in breech, I will be packing a change of shirt, deodorant, toothbrush & maybe some beach shorts for hubby, as I am sure I will need help in & out of the shower.

In my hospital in the uk, if your on the ward, then obviously their not allowed to stay the night, even if you had the baby at say 10pm and get moved back from the delivery suite, my oh had to leave after an hour as its not nice for the other women in the next beds.. So he never needed anything to freshen up.

Yeah as soon as your off labour ward in the uk any birthing partners have to leave n can only come back at visiting hours so it all depends on the time your in labour.

I doubt ill pack my DH anything. He can change when he goes home

What? Husbands can't stay with you in the UK? Oh man. I don't know what I would've done When my irst baby was born. I had torn so bad and had to have a catheter back in after birth so I couldn't even sit up ( or really even move around). My husband would always get the baby out of the little bassinet thing and bring her to me to feed, etc since I was pretty immobile for awhile. Oh, you poor ladies, sad your partner can't be there the whole time if you wanted.

the hospital is a 2 min drive from our house :haha: so i wont be packing him anything lol

Due to distance from the hospital, my husband doesn't really have the option of going home overnight and coming back for me. Gas is too expensive for that. So I'll be packing at least one change of clothing for him, as well as some toiletries like deodorant.

I was going to pack something for OH but he keeps swearing that he doesn't need anything, even when I remind him it is a minimum 24 hour stay for me, he says that he doesn't care about having a change of clothes. So i'll just be pack necessities, toothbrush toothpaste, deodorant, maybe some snacks.

He's being silly! At least pack an extra shirt in case the baby drools, poops on him or something.

I'm packing clean underwear, toiletries a warm sweater (hospitals get very cold) and a change of clothes for DH. There are lots of great food places nearby so need need for us to pack snacks.

Last time OH stayed at hospital after the birth so packed him a few changes of clothes, deodorant, and some snacks. This time depending on who is watching DS he might not stay over in that case he won't need much but I'd still pack him extra clothes in case I puke on him or something!

I pack swimming togs for DH in case I end up in the shower so he can spray the water on my back, a change of clothes as our first poo'd all over him as soon as he was born.

I guess it depends on the type of birth and how interactive your DH will be. Mine stays overnight the first night too so pj's clothes and toiletries for him as well.

We are only a 2 min drive to the hospital too (I'm at the same hospital as Wriggley!)

We are in the UK, and our hospital has beds for OH in the midwife led unit (which is where I want to give birth at) however if I have to go on ward, OH's can stay the night but to bring sleeping bags!

Even though we are very close to the hospital, we are packing him a change of t-shirt, pants and deodorant :)

So jealous of all the partners who get to stay! Wish that was the case at the hospitals near us. Hoping to get out quickly this time. Was there a week in total when I had dd1 and I hated it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->