Packing hospital bag for partner?

Yes in the UK partners etc aren't allowed to stay- but if they have been sat in a hospital with you for hours on end, surely it is nice for them to have the opportunity to get into something fresher before leaving? My partner did last time and I know my mum will be bringing a fresh tee and underwear with her this time.

I'm getting my OH to bring a change of clothes. My sister in law told me that the first time my brother held my nephew he was wrapped in a blanket only, but it was loose. Nephew then went to the toilet all over my brothers trousers and he didn't have a change :)

Just some paracetamol, as last time he kept complaining about having a headache....really? A bowling ball is coming out of my vagina and you've got a headache???? I will be throwing them at him at high velocity.

Other than that he can take anything else he feels he needs himself, he's an adult....ish...

I'm just packing a fresh t-shirt, something for him to sleep in, a few snacks & his favourite tea bags. I won't bother with toiletries as we live 5 mins away so it's not a huge deal.

Just some paracetamol, as last time he kept complaining about having a headache....really? A bowling ball is coming out of my vagina and you've got a headache???? I will be throwing them at him at high velocity.

Other than that he can take anything else he feels he needs himself, he's an adult....ish...

Hahaha what a wimp! :haha:

I packed a full change of clothes and toiletries, my hubby will get to stay overnight at the hospital and we live over an hour away so going back and forth is really not an option.

Yes in the UK partners etc aren't allowed to stay- but if they have been sat in a hospital with you for hours on end, surely it is nice for them to have the opportunity to get into something fresher before leaving? My partner did last time and I know my mum will be bringing a fresh tee and underwear with her this time.

I really think it depends on the hospital and maybe area, as I'm in Kent, UK, and our hospital allows partners to stay over night. As explained in my previous post they also have beds for them in the MLU! :)

Lots of lists for hospital bags I've seen include a change of clothes etc for your partner aswell, I never did this with my first labour so wondering whether I should this time? My hubby didn't stay over but thinking about it I was in labour a long time and maybe a fresh tshirt and some other bits would have been nice for him. Who is packing for their partner and what are you packing?

I packed snacks and drinks (and jelly sweeties!) as dh is diabetic and food availability in our local hospital is shocking!

He was kicked out with other dads 8.30 and they don't let them back in til 10am so didn't need fresh anything once lo arrived and I sent him home between 2-8cms! He couldn't do much, all the midwifes on duty were friends and chairs weren't comfy!! So he showered etc then! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->