Packing Hospital Bags - When?

Angelbaby_01

mommy
Reaction score
Hallo ladies,

When will you be packing your hospital bags and for those having a c-section, what will be in your bag? I always like to compare lists to see if I can get new tips ;)

TIA

I'm going to start this week. I have had the luggage sitting out for a while now. Just need to pack and sort everything. I haven't really picked up much besides toiletries and lollipops. :)

My list is rather basic. I have to get bags ready for my older kids too. Just sleep over bags for them.

I do pack in ziplock bags though. It's a weird OCD but has always worked beautifully in the past. Just pull out a bag and everything is in there. I also want to get a girdle to help my belly go back to normal and coconut oil for nursing!

I have started packing-also having a c section.
I packed lots more babyclothes this time as ran out last time very quickly!
For me I will pack two or three comfy trousers and pj trousers and t shirts, dressing gown, slippers, socks, nursing bras, nursing pads, sanitary towels, make up, shower stuff, snacks, phone charger, knickers etc.

Lo's is done..mine is nearly done then just an over night bag for ds at his nanas. Ive been put at risk of pre term so would rather be ready now than later :) x

Mines mostly done haha. I was already in the hospital at this point last time around so not sure why I don't feel in a hurry to finish up all the last bits but I just feel like I have time. Perhaps when I don't feel like I have time the baby will come.

I am gonna do mine after xmas ive to bring quite a lot as our hospital doesn't give you anything and im having a csection again

My son arrived a month early, so in my opinion pack your bag EARLY! You never know what can happen. We had nothing packed when we arrived at the hospital. I also had a c-section with him, so I'd recommend comfy, loose pants. Nothing tight around your stomach area. Also, this is when those 'grannie panties' come in handy! Or any other undies you don't care for because (TMI), things can get messy. Pack some warm clothes too. I found that after surgery I was really chilly as the numbness was waring off.

Then there's the usual things... Slippers, shampoo, soap, hair brush...

I am planning on doing ours next week since I am 29 weeks then and want it to be ready by 30 weeks. Also then I can relax during the festive season. I am just glad to see that most of you are doing it around the 30 week mark.

I think I'll pack mine this afternoon :) Baby's has been packed already though lol

Drangonfly, you are 37 weeks! I went into labour at 38 weeks with DD. Lol

But I think when baby's bag is packed then we are half way there :)

Did anyone use those maternity mesh disposable nickers before? Does it work and is it comfy?

Yes, I had planned on packing sooner but I kept finding other things to do for baby:haha: Oh I hope I go into labor by 38 weeks!! I should really get on top of bag packing lol.

Did anyone use those maternity mesh disposable nickers before? Does it work and is it comfy?

They give those out in the hospital here and they are amazing. The only thing more important than those is the peri-bottle they give out.

Mine is already packed however it looks as if I May be having a C section in a few weeks so it looks like I will be re-packing Mine & babies bag for a longer hospital stay xx

I'll probably start packing mine after Thanksgiving. I already have so much to do with all the cooking that needs to be done :/ And with my most recent bouts of pain, I think I'll just barely be able to handle that(might have to recruit DH to do some if the prep) My c-section is still a little ways away :)

I'll be wearing the same thing there that I will be wearing home, so no need to pack that.(long sleeve cotton shirt and loose yoga pants) I have several pairs of granny panties that are a couple sizes up(they fit over my belly, but are huge every where else) I'm not a huge fan of the mesh disposables. I find them a bit itchy. I'm taking along one comfy nightgown and robe. I know I'll be in their gown for the first night, so I figure one will do for the next 2 nights. I already have a small toiletries bag with travel sized everything. My laptop, camera, and phone will be going as well.
LOs bag will be packed after the first week in December. Still have to buy a new diaper bag, but have to wait for DHs next payday.

I haven't packed mine yet! I really need to get my butt into gear :haha:

I have a few bits for my bag that I've picked up over the last few weeks as I've been shopping and I've just thrown them into the case I'm using but I'm nowhere near done. I packed properly at 36/37 weeks with my other two. I have made lists for both mine and baby's bag so I don't miss anything or fill them with rubbish!

I have a high chance of a c-section this time which I've never gone through before so may pack earlier if that's the case.

I feel really overwhelmed every time i think about packing (not planning on actually doing it untill after christmas tho.)

How many days shall I pack for?? do i need to pack nappies?? how many does a newborn go through..

Im such a newbie lol

Yes I found them easier the first day after as you could just take them and pad off and put it all in bin. I have heard they can irritate a c section wound though. Belly hugging granny knickers are best for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->