Packing Hospital Bags - When?

I feel really overwhelmed every time i think about packing (not planning on actually doing it untill after christmas tho.)

How many days shall I pack for?? do i need to pack nappies?? how many does a newborn go through..

Im such a newbie lol

I would check with your hospital but majority of UK ones require you to bring them. My local hospital suggests that you bring a 24 pack. I never used that many, I was planning on taking 10 - 15, I figure I can either leave the rest of pack in boot of car or DH can bring more in.

Mines, the babies, and my other ds is packed. Even my oh has his packed and he's a HUGE procrastinator lol

I really liked the mesh disposable underwear from the hospital. No need to worry about messing up yours on the first few days. I also liked the enormous pads from the hospital. They were really fluffy, for lack of a better word, and felt good since I had a tear. I plan on a few extra of each of these making their way into my bag when I go home.

You might talk to your hospital and see what they provide for you and baby while you're there. My hospital also provided diapers/wipes, so no need to bring those.

Only other thought is a change of clothes and maybe a toothbrush for DH, just in case. Oh and definitely snacks. No need visiting the vending machine/cafeteria.

I am scared that the mesh undies will irritate the wound so I think I will go with old granny nickers then. I remember I put the wrong type of pants in the last time and really suffered, so this time I am packing loose fitting exercising/yoga pants and t-shirts. Going home outfit will be tights (can pull over tummy) and a loose fitting dress since it is summer here.

As for baby - my hospital asked for 33 diapers and I see that the pampers premium newborn pack has exactly 33 in them. So I will take one of those. Don't know about where you are, but here we stay 4 nights in hospital after a c-section.

I am packing mine right now lol, my ds is down for his nap and I am running in and out of the nursery grabbing little odds and ends haha I am soo excited!! It's like Christmas for me when I pack the bags!!

Mines, the babies, and my other ds is packed. Even my oh has his packed and he's a HUGE procrastinator lol

Oh, jeez! I forgot that I'll need to pack one for DS, since he will be staying with my parents. Reading this just reminded me!

I really liked the mesh disposable underwear from the hospital. No need to worry about messing up yours on the first few days. I also liked the enormous pads from the hospital. They were really fluffy, for lack of a better word, and felt good since I had a tear. I plan on a few extra of each of these making their way into my bag when I go home.

You might talk to your hospital and see what they provide for you and baby while you're there. My hospital also provided diapers/wipes, so no need to bring those.

Only other thought is a change of clothes and maybe a toothbrush for DH, just in case. Oh and definitely snacks. No need visiting the vending machine/cafeteria.

I luv the mesh undies tooo their soo comfortable lol. My hospital provides alot as well so I don't have much to pack either thank god, in plus ill bring some stuff back home.

How many breast pads are you ladies taking? I'm half tempted to just toss the whole darn box in our bag so I don't have to deal with sorting them in somehow lol

How many breast pads are you ladies taking? I'm half tempted to just toss the whole darn box in our bag so I don't have to deal with sorting them in somehow lol

I'm not taking any cus my hospital provides them.

I've packed mine, somewhat! I just realized that I don't have any shirts suitable for breastfeeding!! I planned on getting some bf tanks butbits winter here so I'm gonna need so warm button down shirts too. Nit typically a big fan of those so i don't have many in my closet.
dh is not packed as he says he wears everything he plans on taking!! (I will probably buy him some sweat pants and a tshirt to stick in my bag as if I left him to it he'd be running home to get clothes after DD is born!
as for baby, I haven't washed a stitch of her clothes yet! I guess id better get on the ball as ds#1 was born at 37 weeks (only 3 weeks from now!)

I've had babys bag packed since around 32 weeks and have just finished mine.

Babys bag:
2 vests
2 rompers
2 baby gros
Hat
Scratch mits
Socks
Booties
Going home outfit
Sun hat (it is summer here)
Nappies
2 bottles
Nail clippers
Swaddle
3 burp cloths

This all seems like a lot but they like to keep you in for three days standard here, so need quite a bit for baby.

For me:
A few pairs of big, comfy knickers
Maternity bras
Front-opening PJs
A couple of vest tops
Shorts
Yoga pants
Going home outfit
Shampoo/conditioner/body wash/moisturiser
Hair brush
A bit of makeup in case I look haggard after labour! I'd quite like to look semi-nice in at least a few of my first pics with baby!!
Camera
Camera charger
Ipad/phone/chargers
Flip-flops
Towel
Snacks
Breast pads

I feel like I'm going on a holiday I've packed so much!

I actually feel a bit relieved because I thought I need to buy lots still for my bags, but realised I don't need to. So I will get on with it in next week :) I just need some short sleeved vests for baby girl and some little odds and ends for me - mostly toiletries.

I should really start packing mine especially being 36 weeks and already losing my mucus plug at 35 weeks but I don't feel to bad I see a lot of women waiting. I have procrastinated long enough

I'm nearly 33 weeks and haven't started yet - I must do it soon!

I still haven't done mine. I was up the hospital last Thursday after I thought my waters had gone and I didn't even have pads in the house to wear there like they asked. Have bought pads and breast pads and stuff now and everything baby related is piled up in the spare room, it just needs organising.

I procrastinated until 38w6d. I went into labor the next day, lol.

As for the breast pads, I just put whole box in my bag, just made it easier as I didn't know how many I would go through while in the hospital (stayed wed through friday).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->