Painful BH starting in bum/back?

So I didn't have any Braxton Hicks contractions yesterday, maybe 2 total in the whole day. Some started this morning but it's kind of weird, they are alternating intervals, 8 minutes then 15 minutes then back to 8. Is this strange or has this happened to any of you lovely ladies?

Yep with our eldest DS hon I wrote just above ure comment about that.

Heard a loud pop didn't know what it was.
Kept having to change my panty linner because it was damp and I still didn't twig.

Then contractions strated but we're irregular. Some were close and others more far apart then close again then far apart.

Then had bloody show so called hospital and they said it sounded like the pop I heard was my waters and the reason I had to keep changing the liner was because that was my waters leaking. They didn't go with a gush they just leaked slowly.

Even in the car going to the hospital I was scared they were gonna send me back home because my contractions were going back to being 20 mins apart. Then like 10 then 5 then 15 the 20..

But I was 4cm deleted.

U cud prodominal labour tho which is what I had last pregnancy from 29 weeks.

They were very painful contractions in front and also lower back that got as close as 2 mins apart and then as time progressed wud go to 5 mins apart Then 20 then 30 then by morning they wud fizzle out.

At our hospital we have the 3 2 1 rule.
That's 3 contractions in 10 mins lasting for 2 mins for a hour or more then that's our cue to call the hospital.

But if ure unsure or worried sweet just give them a ring. Ring delivery and u will be able to speak to a midwife who will advise u on what to do.

They may get u in to be monitored and I know if I turns out to be nothing its a real pain in the arse but they wud rather us go in and get checked out than leave it.

Keep us posted

Thanks hun, I think I'm just having painful practice contractions. It's frustrating but there's nothing I can really do about it you know. I do have an appointment tomorrow for a growth scan so I'm going to see if they'll check my cervix as well.

Last edited:
Baby is measuring 8 lbs 3 oz :shock:.

I'm having another growth scan next week and they are probably going to schedule me for an induction.

I've been having those contractions again all day today but it hasn't turned into anything (yet?). I was really hoping it would, I don't want to be induced I just want to get this baby out.

Last edited:
@Kiwiberry have you tried the usual- sex curry long bumpy drive/walk (not all at the same time could get messy :haha: )

Scans can be out by up to a lb so don't panic too much xx

Growth scans can be out hon.
My son was so say 7lbs at 33 weeks and I was induced at 37+3 weeks and he was 7lb 6oz.
Also my dd was so say 7 and a half lbs at 35 weeks. Well I was induced 4 days later because of pre eclampsia and she was a tiny 5lb 7oz.

So sorry ure going through this Start stop contractions.
I had it last time from 29 weeks and was even admitted a few times because even the midwife thought I was In labour at 36 weeks because it showed on the monitor.
But it all fizzled it and I made it to my induction at 37+3 weeks.

Thanks ladies <3.
The hardest part is knowing when I'm actually supposed to go in. Should I just wait until there really close together?

I suppose maybe when your not tolerating the pain anymore? Sorry your still feeling it xx

I suppose maybe when your not tolerating the pain anymore? Sorry your still feeling it xx
I want to try and go in sooner than that because I have to wait for my friend to come to the hospital to watch my son so that my boyfriend could come back with me. She lives almost 2 hours away.

O wow that makes things so much harder!! X
I know! It really is frustrating. The father of my two girls said that I could drop my son off at his house and they would watch him but the problem with that is my son is very clingy and I don't think he'd tolerate it very well.

Okay so they've been happening every 6 to 8 minutes now and have been getting a little stronger! I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I'm going to monitor it for another hour and if it's pretty consistent still I'll definitely be heading in for a check.

I hope so but honestly it's probably just my body tricking me again.

Now they're starting to be around 4 to 5 minutes apart. I'm so afraid to go into the hospital because I feel like the moment I get there they're going to stop and it'll be a waste of time. I'm not even too worried about the hospital it's more my boyfriend, I'm afraid I'm going to be an inconvenience to him since he has work today.

Screenshot_20210626-072544_Contraction Timer.jpg

I hope this is it. It's so hard knowing when to go in but I hope that they will continue!

Oooh good luck it does look like contractions

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->